• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Animal Crossing is a big one for me, I just really don't get the appeal. I've tried a few of them including the Switch release and I get bored after a couple of hours and I can't be bothered to do the whole switching times so that I can play a game on my own schedule.

Uncharted, I played 1 and 2 and sort of enjoyed them but have no interest in playing them again.

Smash, I buy every single release convinced I'll enjoy this one as I'm a big fan of fighters but the poor net code and the lack of local players kills it pretty quickly for me.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Every major racing game franchise other than Mario Kart. I don't care for the nerdy ass simulation shit about cars. I just wanna drive around fast in a cool car.

Every major sports game franchise. I can literally feel my brain cells die whenever I've tried to play one.

CoD and Battlefield. Military shooters in general are anathema to fun. (Titan Fall gets a pass because cool mechs and it's actually fun to play)

Monster Hunter. I've tried on no less than 3 separate occasions and three different games and I just don't get the appeal. The combat is slow,and stiffer than shit (at least the games other than MHW). The art direction is just all over the place with loud and obnoxiously designed weapons and armor. Also, I'd hardly call most of the enemies in those games "Monsters" and just big dumb ugly dinosaurs. Not to mention the "Hunting" is laughable. Which just boiled down to running around and chasing a dinosaur until it dies. I want a game where I can actually HUNT actual MONSTERS instead of big dumb anime fights with dinosaurs that I have to grind over and over again. I will never know how the fuck that series became popular.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've found it's easier to just reference an entire studio's output nowadays. I'm not missing any sleep out of skipping anything produced by...

Ubisoft
CDProjekt Red
4A Games
Naughty Dog
Turn 10 Studios
Rockstar
343 Industries
The Coalition
Gearbox
Bethesda Game Studios (Though everything they publish from Id/Tango Gameworks is so absurdly good)

I don't feel hypocritical when I say all these guys have objectively quality releases (Except for Gearbox and Bethesda, they've always been trash). It's more that most game studios produce a lot of iterative works. Enough releases over a long enough period of time, all their releases become sort of homogeneous because that's just their identity as a studio. Platinum's been poking at Bayonetta's systems for over 10 years now, but it's fine because it turns out that I really enjoy Bayonetta's core systems.

Animal Crossing - just seems really dull to me, I actually don't get the appeal with this one. Like, there's some kind of strategy and ultimate goal with proper city management sims. But aimlessly pottering about a twee little village picking flowers and fishing? I don't get it, seems like tedious busywork.
I can't talk about older games in the series. As far as New Horizons is concerned, think of it as more the video game equivalent of building an elaborate model railroad (With a ton of systems that never stop setting up incentives or rewards for the next time you play) instead of a traditional city management game and it starts making a lot more sense.

Last edited:

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Anything Sony puts out that isn't really God of War or by Naughty Dog could completely disappear and I wouldn't notice. Same with Microsoft but I did recently get pretty into Gears of War. Everything Nintendo 1st Party. I pretty much only buy their systems for Pokémon.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Most Nintendo IP (Pokemon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Animal Crossing are especially unappealing)
Sports games like FIFA and Madden
Fortnite
Overwatch
Uncharted
Final Fantasy and JRPGs in general

Nov 8, 2017
Anything that is mainly online competitive, e.g. Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.. The exception is casual-friendly racing games like Mario Kart.

Also, the three Nintendo franchises mentioned in the OP. I tried to get into Smash when Brawl came out on the Wii; not really my thing (also none of my friends or family wanted to play it, so what's the point?).

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Animal Crossing, Fortnite, Minecraft, Pokemon, Assassins Creed, Monster Hunter come to mind. There are series I just lost interest in like Halo( after 3), GTA(after 3), Gears of War( after 3). Notice a pattern lol? Though I was excited for Uncharted 4 and Lost legacy but I wouldn't say I'm drooling for another episode in that series. I haven't played a COD since Black Ops1

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Far too many to count that it's easier to list the exceptions.
I actually care about:
Last of Us
Halo

And that's it?
EDIT: I see people posting games that while successful I wouldn't consider blockbusters. Hell, I wish something like Virtua Fighter could be considered a blockbuster lol

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Call of Duty, Battlefield, generally all these shooty shooty bang bang games that are basically the same game in a different skin every year.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Red Dead Redemption: don't like the setting or characters
GTA: used to enjoy driving around but the stories in these games are awful and the novelty wore off
Uncharted: Very boring
The Last of Us: More a movie than a game
Mass Effect: Just not my thing
Gears of War: Don't like the gameplay or characters
Assassin's Creed after Origins: Don't like action RPGs

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Assasin Creed . I've tried mostly all of them and neither warrants the rating that public gave . I find that they only have boring fetch quests and mediocre combat . Nothing special on the stories either

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Nintendo wise, anything Animal CrossIng, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, and Pikmin. Just cannot care in the slightest.

Sony wise, LBP, Days Gone, Killzone, Last of Us, Twisted Metal, MLB the Show, Gran Tourismo.

In general: Sports sims, anything horror, most anime games, MOBAS, military shooters, tactical games. Nope.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's very strange to be a nintendo and action adventure game fan but have little to no interest in Zelda games. I respect them for what they are but I just am indifferent to wanting to play them. I've finished Ocarina 3D and that was enough for me. I think they're just fine.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
All of Sonys output besides Ratchet and Clank.
All of MS output besides AOE, Flight Sim and Fable.

Most games that are in the vein of yesterdays Xbox showcase(aka realistic grimy bloddy murder simulators).

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
Anything from Take 2, Nintendo, Valve, Microsoft, Ubisoft, CD Projekt, EA... I'm always hoping for a great new Tony Hawk game so Activision's not on the list.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's more entire genres for me. I've got no interest in 3D shooters or pretty much any other modern game based around guns, or 1v1 fighting games, sports and racing. Anything with zombies or anything based around competitive online multiplayer. I love RPGs but have no interest in Pokemon or card game mechanics either. Even open-world games I'm a bit funny with, Rockstar's big games don't appeal to me at all either. Sim stuff like Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing I don't much care for either.

That covers pretty much anything from GTA, Halo, Pokemon, Red Dead, Resident Evil, TLOU, Gears, Smash, Overwatch and whatever the latest competitive online craze is.

I play a lot of RPGs, action games like Monster Hunter, strategy games, puzzle games and most 2D stuff. I prefer scrolling fighters to Street Fighter style stuff. The indie boom has been wonderful for me, whereas I've grown less and less interested in most AAA games as the genres continue to either coalesce or revel in stuff I don't care for.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
God of War (The setting and characters just don't interest me)
Gears of War (I did like the series for a time but I think it seems very dated now)
All fighting games (I'm terrible at them)
Animal Crossing (I just don't find the gameplay fun)

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Third party wise: Assassins' Creed, Yakuza, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Fortnite, Gears, Resident Evil, Metal Gear. They do nothing for me. All boring.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
From the top of my head...

GTA
RDR
COD
BF
FC
AC
Borderlands

Basically, I'm not interested in open world, shooters, or PVP, aside from few exceptions, like Horizon Zero Dawn (good Sci-Fi story and projectile combat), Destiny (PVE only), and Let It Die (asynchronous PVP).

That's why I haven't bought any Rockstar, EA, Activision, and Ubisoft game in years.

EDIT: And Metal Gear. Stealth-based games like TLOU and Arkham Asylum are to my liking, but MG's themes just don't interest me.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon and Dragon Quest are the absolute anti me games. Also, all multiplayer focused franchises across the board mean nothing to me. Counter Strike, PUBG, fortnight, anything that's "Battle Royale", just immediately disinterest me.

Feb 24, 2018
Less Interested but more that I know the English subs/dubs of Ace Attorney games would annoy me to know end, I just know how my brain is and know it could never get over say calling curry "gravy" (which given nowadays and games like Pokemon + Me being from the UK where trying to erase Indian culture has REALLY nasty implications, hasn't aged well as a change).

The Last of Us and most Zombie/End of the World stories in general, most sport simulation games and games without a goal.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Uncharted, Last of Us, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, anything Souls related, all sports sim, CoD, Battlefield, Doom, anything multiplayer, Resident Evil... A lot more probably but that's off the top of my head.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Pokémon

Halo - I swear I played 1,2, 3 and Reach at various points. 1 and 2 I got a fair way through, but Jesus I just didn't get the hype at all despite reasonably liking FPS.

It just felt so utterly generic story wise and nothing out of the ordinary.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Off the top of my head... probably The Witcher. Bounced off of 2 and 3 multiple times. Big reason is the boring world/protagonist. It's all a bit gash.

lemonhat

Dec 6, 2018
I'm not really interested in anything with a realistic art style or things that are 'gritty'. Which is most AAA, big franchise stuff outside of Nintendo and some PC franchises these days (I do like a bit of GTA for sandbox messing about though. Not remotely interested in RDR however) so there's too many to list. I just can't seem to engage with games unless there's a certain amount of colour and whimsy. Graphic violence is another huge turn off. Most of Microsoft's big stuff (other than Rare's games) and Sony's major games don't appeal to me at all (a real shame as they used to have such variety in their biggest franchises, but anything that doesn't fit the AAA mould seems to be an afterthought from them these days).

I play games to relax more than anything so I'd much rather something like Stardew, AC or Pokémon (I don't compete or get into the postgame though) and I find their artstyles more my thing. Warmth and accessibility for me please.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
GTA and RDR
CoD, Battlefield etc.
Assassin's Creed
Animal Crossing
Monster Hunter
Zelda
Mario
Any looter shooter

This is just the highlights

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, any huge sports IP (particularly the ones made by EA, Halo, Battlefield, The Sims, Gran Turismo and just about everything made by Nintendo.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sports, racing, lol, battle royals, smash bros., fighting games

There're some exceptions but most of them aren't my cup of tea.

Ilyahero

Nov 25, 2019
Halo, the Witcher, mass effect, dragon age, animal crossing, assassins creed, gta, final fantasy, mortal Kombat, the elder scrolls, metal gear, Tom Clancy's, fallout, gears of war, borderlands, FIFA

the best for me:
Dark souls, Heroes of might and magic, Prince of Persia, half-life, resident evil

Last edited:

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Call of Duty
Battlefield
LoL
Fortnite

Those are not bad games at all but they are just not my cup of tea

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I never got into Halo. I am interested in the next game because it seems like Microsoft is getting really serious about it again. But I played a little of the first two and it felt like a really mediocre shooter. Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon, I dunno.

Pokemon passed me by. I thought about giving it a go with the new Switch game but I thought it over and it just doesn't interest me.

I found Minecraft monumentally boring, played it a few hours before giving up, which is weird because I poured over 200 hundred hours into other builder / life sim games like Stardew Valley. I guess it just wasn't my thing.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty and FPS in general.

I used to play FIFA but I have stopped a while ago, it just didn't make me feel good.

I have gotten into some games that never interested before with the Switch. Played my first Fire Emblem and liked it and I wasn't even aware that Animal Crossing was this big and I am really liking it. Tastes change with circumstances I guess.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I guess Gears. I think all of them are on game pass, but I played a bit of the multiplayer on 1 and didn't enjoy how it felt.
I probably would enjoy the series, but like 14 or so years later I don't really feel like getting into them now.

Oct 26, 2017
Most of them, really. Just a few:

Uncharted
GTA
Mario
Zelda
Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Any sports game
Any racing game
Any fighting game