• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Plenty.

Animal Crossing, GTA, Red Dead, Call of Duty, Uncharted, God of War, Spiderman, Pokémon anything, Monster Hunter and many more.

I'm also lukewarm on what I'm seeing from Cyberpunk but I'll give it a shot.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Animal Crossing, Pokémon (loved the old games though) and basically almost every EA and Ubisoft game. Not because I dislike the companies, I just have zero interest in most sports games as well as online mp and ubi-style open world game design.

I am looking into AC Valhalla though. Last AC I enjoyed was AC2 when it released.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The Last of Us and Halo. Personally not a fan of Druckmann "walk and grab ladder" games, nor shooters.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Is Souls counts? I have 4 games in the series including Demons Souls and yet to finish single one of them, I just get bored too quickly. Sekiro looks more interesting tho.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Tons for me actually:

Assassin's Creed
Battlefield
Call of Duty
Castlevania
Doom
Fallout
Far Cry
Fifa
Final Fantasy
Fortnite
Forza
Gears of War
God of War
Gran Turismo
Grand Theft Auto
Half Life
Madden
Mario games in general
Mass Effect
Metal Gear Solid
Metro
Minecraft?
Overwatch
Red Dead Redemption
Tekken
The Last of Us
The Witcher
Uncharted
Yakuza

I'm sure I'm forgetting many more

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone saying God of War: Did you give the new one a chance/closer look? Because it is very different to the first games. I was not just not interested in the first games, I strongly disliked them for a number of reasons. The new game is so different however that I actually came to love it.

That being said I have no interest in all the super popular shooter game series: Call of Duty, Overwatch, Fortnite... Then super popluar MMOs like Destiny, oh and I have no interest whatsoever in Soulsborne games.

Last edited:

Maculo

Oct 27, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I hear JRPG and I'm out. So Final Fantasy for example .

And regarding Animal Crossing...I play overwatch with a friend regularly. He mocked me to no end when I suggested AC to him. I believe he has clocked like 300h already.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
For a video game enthusiast forum, sometimes I ask myself if people here even enjoy video games anymore or if they just rather talk/complain about them

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Animal Crossing looks like a bore fest.

Any grindy game and/or MMO not named Destiny, really. Most notably World of Warcraft of course. Destiny is often described as baby's first MMO and I wouldn't have it any other way, anything past that and I just get sick of it. I get sick of Destiny sometimes too.

All Bethesda games, which is sad because the *idea* of Fallout would be one of my favorite franchises. I love RPGs, I love the post-apocalyptic American wasteland setting, but man Bethesda games are boring as hell. My latest dream idea being made is Cyberpunk 2077, I have more faith in that one at least, The Witcher 3 was the bomb but fantasy isn't my favorite setting.

Basically all Star Wars games, never really got into the movies. I know, blasphemous.

Dragon Age, not a fan. I'm waiting for the HD remaster to play through Mass Effect, but it being BioWare in the same era as Dragon Age makes me a little apprehensive. Dragon Age ain't it for me.

Assassin's Creed for the most part. I loved Black Flag, otherwise I never enjoyed it. BUT, I haven't played the newest ones which usually have good reception.

Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro. I'm going to give them another try at some point because in theory I should love them, but in practice I just hate the repetitiveness I feel from doing the same boss fight or section over again. I get annoyed by like the 5th try, which isn't like it's a ton for a Soulsborne game.

Horizon: Zero Dawn. I loved the idea of robo-dinos but the game didn't click for me. The dialogue just felt so bad and the side content was another one of those Ubisoftism filled games. I made it a few hours in, plan to revisit one day.

I also usually don't find games with all the "Ubisoftisms" as fun. I can mostly still enjoy the story which is the most important part to me, but I avoid the side content like the plague. Games likes Spider-Man or Far Cry or whatever.

There are many more popular games/franchises that I like than dislike though. I generally find them to be popular for a reason and have pretty common taste. I love or used to love Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Smash, The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, The Witcher, GTA, Red Dead (ish, I have a love hate relationship with it), Batman Arkham, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, CoD, Destiny, Halo, Battlefield etc etc etc.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
call of duty
souls games
dragon age
battle field
assassins creed
pokemon
World of Warcraft
borderlands
destiny
uncharted
TLOU
Tomb Raider
FIFA
Fortnite
PUBG
DOTA/2
League of Legends
Mass Effect
Madden

To counter, some huge franchises/games I DO like:

Sonic
Yakuza
Total War
Zelda
Mario
Metroid
Crash Bandicoot
Final Fantasy
Rocket League
Half Life
Portal
GTA
RDR
Metal gear
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter
Tekken
Virtua Fighter
Doom
MLB The Show
Halo
Gears of War
God of War
Starcraft
Warcraft
Age of Empires

Last edited:

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
Any non-arcade sports game. For example, NBA Street and Jam are what I've been meaning to check out while any and all other NBA games can go collect dust for all I care.

Mar 27, 2018
Destiny and other generic looter shooters absolutely bore me to tears. Also I've tried Pokemon before and it never captured my attention.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
The Last of Us
HALO
Half Life
Bioshock/System Shock
MMOs
Call of Duty

Basically I like lots of b-tier Japanese games, high budget racing games, and offline RPGs, but I like my JRPGs to be turn based and my WRPGs to have really basic elder scrolls-like combat.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rockstar Games do nothing for me. Grand Theft Auto 4 and 5 were just not fun, no matter how I tried to convince myself otherwise. Big reason I skipped Red Dead Redemption.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Legend of Zelda...
I've tried, numerous times, I just can't get into it.

Also Fallout. I had a decent time with 3, but after 4 I just don't ever see myself going back to it. Don't like the aesthetics.

Oh and Fortnite. And MOBA's in general.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The most recent Mario and Zelda games were solid (not great, though) so I'm not sure if they really count, but those two I never cared about. Pokemon, Uncharted, many huge sports franchises, many multiplayer things since I'm usually a single player guy.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Actually I feel like this with most big series. I don't care for GTA, Red Dead, TLOU, Halo, COD, Battlefield, Overwatch, modern Assassin's Creed, modern God of War, Forza series, Mario platformers, Mario Party, Mario Sports games, ... etc.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
A lot of them. There are certain very popular genres that I just derive no joy from. I've ruled out:
-Metal Gear Solid (Stealth)
-Grant Theft Auto (Open World Sandbox)
-Elder Scrolls (Open World WRPG)
-Call of Duty (Military FPS)
-Battlefield (Military FPS)
-Fallout (Open World WRPG)
-Red Dead Redemption (Open World Sandbox)
-The Last of Us (Stealth)
-Forza (Non-arcadey racer)

I'm forgetting a lot.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Most of them? AAA gaming is mostly boring as fuck.

No interest in: Grand Theft Auto, FIFA, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Red Dead, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Borderlands, Fortnite, Overwatch, Gears, Gran Turismo, Forza, Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, DOTA.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
the obvious one that comes to mind is Madden

but the one that fills me with inner turmoil is Fortnite. I've had fun with it in the past, the genre appeals to me, I find a lot of what the game has done impressive, I've won a round before ... so why don't I feel drawn to it at all, why do I have zero enthusiasm for it, why does some part of me straight up dislike it?

I also haven't managed to put more than, like, 4 hours into the past 15 years of Rockstar games, but I'm at least somewhat drawn to them

oh, and MOBAs are a hard sell

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I have almost zero interest in quite a few AAA megabuck franchises. Biggest ones that I have never even played a game from and don't really want to either would include Assassin's Creed, CoD, Battlefield, Elder Scrolls and Borderlands. Others like GTA, which I really liked in PS2, I have grown out of.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Pretty much any sports franchise
Any MOBA
Most battle royale games
The Sims
Minecraft
Fallout
Animal Crossing

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite
Minecraft
COD
Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Smash Bros
Mario Kart
FIFA
League of Legends
World of Warcraft
Dota
Rocket League
PUBG
GTA Online

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Overwatch
Final Fantasy
Fortnite
League of Legends
Counterstrike
Starcraft
Warcraft/ WoW
Devil may Cry
Resident Evil
Souls or soulslike games

i call it the league of indifference.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Animal Crossing

I tried with New Horizons, but nada

I will try New Leaf tho, since many of NH "features" were more like a pain in the ass to me, like breakable itens

I also cant get into MOBAs, at all.

babuchy

The Fallen
Nov 3, 2017
Animal Crossing, Assassins Creed, FIFA, PES, The Sims, Final Fantasy (and almost all JRPG), Borderlands, Battlefield, Halo, Street Fighter, Madden... and I'm sure there are a lot more

Nov 8, 2017
The GTA games have been mystifying me since the early 00's. I tried a couple over the years with people but there's some fundamental disconnect between what those games are and what I want out of a game.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Grand Theft Auto
God of War (I hate Kratos more than any other character in gaming)
Mortal Kombat
Red Dead Redemption
The Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Saints Row
The Last of Us
Uncharted
Killzone
Infamous
Madden
Fifa
The Sims
Call of Duty
Battlefield
Warcraft
Starcraft
Diablo
Pokemon (unless it's Pokemon Snap)
Pikmin
Animal Crossing (I've never been able to get into any of this series after the Gamecube game)
Halo
Gears of War
Minecraft
Fortnite
PUBG
Assassins Creed (only fun to dive off of high buildings into hay)
Tom Clancy (anything under this umbrella, including Splinter Cell)
Far Cry
Gran Turismo
Forza
Dota
The Witcher
League of Legends

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Pretty much all of the western AAA games. I tried many of them and these type of games are just not for me. I'll name a few.

The Last of Us. Played it for roughly 3 hours and coudn't get into. For me, the game is boring.

GTA. I respect what Rockstar is going for but it's just not for me.

Uncharted. Too skripted for my taste.

Basically all the big EA, Activision and Ubi franchises

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
most ubisoft IP's and all multiplayer focused games.
Pokemon
i kinda want to say GTA because while i really liked it in the ps2 days i didn't like 4 or 5 at all and dont really care to play another one. that could change depending on how 6 looks though

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I have never played the following and have no interest in any potential future titles:
Grand Theft Auto
Red Dead
FIFA
Resident Evil
Bio shock
Silent Hill
Pokémon

I also can't find any enjoyment playing any Zelda game. Not even BoTW.

Jun 21, 2018
Pretty much all of the western AAA games. I tried many of them and these type of games are just not for me. I'll name a few.

The Last of Us. Played it for roughly 3 hours and coudn't get into. For me, the game is boring.

GTA. I respect what Rockstar is going for but it's just not for me.

Uncharted. Too skripted for my taste.

Basically all the big EA, Activision and Ubi franchises

I was going to post this, I have the same tastes.

Pollen

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Uncharted
  • Call of Duty
  • League of Legends
    The first five from the top of my head.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I used to have a lot of disinterest in GTA, partially because I was uptight about their content — not in a "ban this sick filth" kind of way but in a "why would anyone want to do this in a videogame" kind of way — and partially because I think Rockstar has historically sucked ass at making controls feel responsive. I got over it with GTAIV, despite the many flaws that have been pointed out about that game since its release, it kinda did work its immersion factor on me. But my personal experience with RDR2 has me kind of jumping back on disinterest in Rockstar open world games because I just don't like the way they feel to play again. I love the artistry and the technology but playing it just feels cumbersome and frustrating for me.

I have never been into a MOBA for more than 15 minutes. I've had a few where the first 15 minutes was like "wow this is kinda awesome" and then it turns into a confusing, frustrating and hopeless-feeling mess piled on with tons of toxic behavior from fellow players and I'm like "why did I ever even bother, I hate this genre so much."

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario games or more specifically the 2D/3D platformer games. Besides platformers being one of the genres I dislike the Mario games as well.

Also MLB stuff as well. Not a baseball guy.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Halo
Uncharted
Fire Emblem
Gears of War
COD
Battlefield

There's a lot more but we'll stop there.

I played Halo 3 way back in the day, won't be going back. There was very few levels and I don't really play multiplayer shooters so I didn't have that to lean on.

Uncharted. I've never played, it's never grabbed me to say hey give it a try, but out of all the games I've listed, this series probably has the highest chance of me liking it.

Fire emblem, oh boy. I played Fates (I think, was on 3ds) and lord. I love xcom, starcraft, and more. Fire emblem did not feel like a strategy game. It was boring as hell, long, story sucked. I will never try another fire emblem game.

Gears of War, the character design really bothers me. Screams come on be bro and play dis.

Cod and battlefield, again I don't like multiplayer shooters so I won't try those either.

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I see that thread back on the front page here I'm reminded of this. At a quick glance, it looks to be about 250 pages of people attempting to find the best time to sell turnips for the highest price.

Two hundred and fifty pages.
tbh I love animal crossing and never saw any point in the turnips. Too much hassle and I make my money through other means anyway