• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GundamStyle

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Well today I joined the Duelsense on PC club, and at first only bought a USB dongle. Surprise surprise haptics and official game's work only via USB. So I went to cell phone hardware dispenser in the subway at midnight to get a USB A to C cable with data and thankfully its middle length.

Just finished the first mission in Deathloop, at first I thought the haptics were poor and more annoying than anything, but all I had to do was lower it down to a more reasonable level than the default. The triggers didn't really impress, until I switched guns and experianced my first gun jam. Than I felt the immersion added. Wish more PC game supported this natively will be trying some games with haptics. This app is cool for the moment. I must say after deathloop and just enjoying the controller it was fun. My old controller was super cheap and was actually slow in responsiveness. Maybe now I'll do better in games.

Is there a profile that is good for horizon zero dawn for the triggers ?

Edit: there is this mod for red dead https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1204?tab=description but I cant get it working with haptics

Last edited:

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
DSX will release on June 24th

The new Update 2.0 includes:

Adaptive Triggers
  • Applying Trigger modes have been separated for Left Trigger and Right Trigger
  • Export Triggers implementation:
    • Copy to clipboard
    • Export for Textfile use
    • Export for UDP use

Controller Vibration
Separated from Adaptive triggers list with two modes available:
  • Time based - Choose your intensity and time up to 1,000 seconds
  • Interval based - Choose your intensity/Interval and time up to 1,000 seconds

Games Tab
Games Tab has a mod section with list of mods you can use that works with DSX through either UDP or Textfile method to talk with the controller to have dynamic Adaptive Triggers

and more...

steamcommunity.com

Steam Community :: DSX

DSX

Last edited:

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
Yeah the free version on Github is being discontinued.

Yeah just saw that on the Steam page. Been using this for some time now and it has been great, so I'm happy to support. The only thing though, I see one Steam review seems to imply you can only use it while Steam is on?

No significant difference at all. Funny thing is you have to use steam in order to use the program and you have to disable the steam overlay and the controller support to program to work properly.

This person also recommends going back to DS4Windows tho, so prolly a case of sour grapes.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
Maybe a silly question but do people share profiles for specific games to try and emulate how it is on PS5?

I'm just wondering if the purpose of this is mostly for Dualsense compatibility or if there is a community of people doing specific tweaks on a game by game basis I gues.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the free version on Github is being discontinued.
I'm using ryochans version of ds4windows with my dual sense. Is this the version that's going unsupported?. Ds4windows works outside steam games like Retroarch (the non steam version of it) but doesn't work if it's running with any steam games.
I always have to close it (I use retroarch a lot so it starts with windows)

Anyway I tried the app version of Dual Sense X and it works fine on Game Pass and some other emulators like PCSX2 but doesn't work with steam or Retroarch. I basically have to close dualshock4windows and Dual Sense X apps to get any Steam games to work with my Dual Sense and then it's picked up by Steam. It's all so confusing lol.

With this new steam version of Dual Sense X will it actually make any difference for me?

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah just saw that on the Steam page. Been using this for some time now and it has been great, so I'm happy to support. The only thing though, I see one Steam review seems to imply you can only use it while Steam is on?

This person also recommends going back to DS4Windows tho, so prolly a case of sour grapes.

Yeah for now steam has to be running. This is what the developer has said:
Hello, to avoid piracy steam has to be running, there are no current plans for standalone as i don't have a way to authenticate users with some sort of license. There's also many steam features that are getting integrated that wont be of use in a standalone fashion. Anything can happen in the future though.

steamcommunity.com

Will we be able to use this without Steam running in the background? :: DSX General Discussions

The main reason I prefer the GitHub releases is that they are standalone, and I am even willing to pay for standalone. Kinda stinks that Steam may have to be running in the background even when using DualSenseX with non-Steam apps.

--------------------

I'm using ryochans version of ds4windows with my dual sense. Is this the version that's going unsupported?. Ds4windows works outside steam games like Retroarch (the non steam version of it) but doesn't work if it's running with any steam games.
I always have to close it (I use retroarch a lot so it starts with windows)

Anyway I tried the app version of Dual Sense X and it works fine on Game Pass and some other emulators like PCSX2 but doesn't work with steam or Retroarch. I basically have to close dualshock4windows and Dual Sense X apps to get any Steam games to work with my Dual Sense and then it's picked up by Steam. It's all so confusing lol.

With this new steam version of Dual Sense X will it actually make any difference for me?

I mean the current on github 1.4.9 will be unsupported, as in there won't be any updates coming. As for your problem I can't help you there as I rarely used DS4W/DualsenseX with steam.

Natels

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for this. I use mine wirelessly and needed a battery indicator and a way to turn it off more easily

Oct 28, 2017
I expressed my disdain for the "running status" on Steam when using it. Other apps like Wallpaper Engine allow you to not show it as your status.

I asked the dev on discord and he said he hopes to test a fix for this, so fingers crossed!

john385

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for the bump.

Just bought a new Dualsense for my PC.
So, how do I use it *properly*?
I updated the firmware via the Sony updater. All good.

Does it work natively with Sony titles (ie. Death Stranding, God of War, Days Gone ...) and for everything else I just (buy) and use DSX on Steam?
Any tips and tricks are recommended.
I'm still keeping my Xbox One controller as the main daily driver, but I'd like to use Dualsense in games that fully support it.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
I'm assuming it gets detected automatically by the game if it supports it. I was playing ffxiv on the pc client yesterday and the dualsense trigger effect engaged when I did a shooting quest.

Wafflecoptor

Feb 14, 2023
Pinball with this thing on is like a religious experience, you can fell the ball moving on the playfield.

Gamecube triggers for easy double mapping on steam input is also incredible.

I know this is an old post, but when you say you can feel the ball moving around in pinball, is it as good as in Astros Playroom?

Also which game are you using it in? FX3?

I know this is an old post, but when you say you can feel the ball moving around in pinball, is it as good as in Astros Playroom?

Also which game are you using it in? FX3?
Don't have a PS5.

And yeah it fells best on FX3 because they "videogame" the sounds so its more pronunced than Pinball Arcade.

Beware that FX3 sound mix is weird in some tables and the haptics will go crazy.