• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Many of us like the new PS5 controller on PC but are disappointed about not having official drivers or even haptics on games that are also on the PS5. Well, DualsenseX is not as great as native PS5 but it is better than the vanilla Dualsense PC experience. It also completely negates having DS4 Windows since it can emulate a Dualshock 4 and a X360 Pad.

DualsenseX can offer easily customizable Audio Haptics and Trigger Resistance options. Hell, there's even an option for Gamecube like triggers for all of you Sunshine lovers.

You can use the controller via Bluetooth with the only cost being the Audio Haptics. Controller vibration and Trigger resistance work.

The software is free and available to download in this link

Need some help? Here's the Discord

Here's a video tutorial:

Couple of points:

- Many games released in the last year support the Dualsense (but do not offer haptics) already so its better to turn the controller emulation off in the Connection Status section. Most Gamepass PC titles require the Controller Emulation to be set to Xbox 360 Controller.

Dualsensex.png

- My favorite thing about this are the Audio haptics. They are are not Enabled by default. Its USB only. If theyre not working, make sure you have not disabled your Dualsense speaker in Windows Sound> Playback. Remember, to set your default Sound device. You Do NOT need to have the Dualsense's speaker to be on for it to work, you can turn that off in DualsenseX>Settings> Controller Audio Settings.

audio-haptics.png

- Gamepass titles work best with the controller emulation either OFF or in the Xbox 360 mode. Theres a HidHide toggle in the Setting tab for titles that have problems with Playstation controllers.

- If you are getting double input in Steam Games, you can disable steam input by Right Clicking your game in your steam library> Properties>Controller> Disable Steam Input

-Want to play Breath of the Wild on CEMU? It has an UDP listener in Settings > Controller. On CEMU's Input settings pick SDL as controller API and Dualsence will work with motion controls. In DualsenseX set controller emulation to Off.

- It has an automatic, minimized startup option on Windows.

-The controller tab shows if all your buttons are working by pressing them.

-Audio haptics not working? Close DualsenseX, plug in the controller, Run DualsenseX.

*Yes, there are PC games that have native Dualsense support haptics through USB. Turn off DualsenseX since its not needed. These are:*

- Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- F1 2021
- Deathloop
- Call of Duty: Vanguard
- Far Cry 6
- Genshin Impact
- Rainbow Six Siege
- The Riftbreaker
- The Smurfs: Mission Vileaf
- Final Fantasy XIV

Hope anyone that gives this a try has a great experience. It takes a little easy tinkering but its worth it.

I beat Exo One and its a completely different experience on a Dualsense with audio haptics, high frequency rumble on LT and some resistance on RT. Its on Gamepass and Steam.

The Gunk. Try a high frequency rumble on RT to simulate the Vacuum. LT should be a default trigger.

Try it out.

Feel free to @ me and Ill update the OP.

Last edited:

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'm confused: the video looks to be wireless, but the first post says it needs USB? I'll give it a try at least.

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thank you OP! I'm trying this later today. I'm finally starting my first FFX playthrough on PC today. Maybe this comes in handy.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Wait, to get DualSense features in native games, it must be connected via USB? So the features won't work via Bluetooth?

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Going to have to try this out. I wish that Sony sound either make their own official drivers or hire some of these people making drivers considering they want to make a push into PC gaming

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I just want this to be 100% clear for me as I've seen some responses. Okay I play FFXIV on pc with a dualsense so I'm aware that it's a native game so it has haptic feedback and rumble when connected via USB. What I need to know is that if I use it bluetooth with dualsenseX will I get the haptic feedback and rumble via bluetooth connection or not.

Okay so I just want this to be 100% clear for me as I've seen some responses. Okay I play FFXIV on pc with a dualsense so I'm aware that it's a native game so it has haptic feedback and rumble when connected via USB. What I need to know is that if I use it bluetooth with dualsenseX will I get the haptic feedback and rumble via bluetooth connection or not.
No

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Apologies if already stated, but does this support tension in triggers as well?

HybridEidolon

Sep 27, 2020
Vigemubus based, like DS4Windows. Given ryochan7 discontinued their DS4Windows fork, this may be the only actively maintained and free option at this point. I just do not like the UI.

I also think that games integrating with DualSense support should do whatever God of War and FFXIV are doing to communicate natively with the driver, and any of these apps should act as a pure passthrough in that case. That was my biggest complaint with Vigemubus on DS4Windows: there was no DualSense passthrough, only DS4. This separate UDP server and text file approach for something that requires a third party tool is jank on top of jank.

OP
OP
Skyebaron

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I tried my best to record the audio coming from the controller haptics, my phone isn't the best lol

Its impressive for such a little speaker inside of a controller with so much stuff already in it. If you find the controller audio distracting for some games, you can turn it off in Settings>Controller>Controller Audio System. Haptics will still work.

If you dont get any sound, then Windows changed your default sound device by itself. In Settings>System>Sound you can change back to your default device.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Vigemubus based, like DS4Windows. Given ryochan7 discontinued their DS4Windows fork, this may be the only actively maintained and free option at this point. I just do not like the UI.

I also think that games integrating with DualSense support should do whatever God of War and FFXIV are doing to communicate natively with the driver, and any of these apps should act as a pure passthrough in that case. That was my biggest complaint with Vigemubus on DS4Windows: there was no DualSense passthrough, only DS4. This separate UDP server and text file approach for something that requires a third party tool is jank on top of jank.
Wait, what?

Now I'm gonna have to switch.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty neat with the audio haptics, I don't mind USB only since that's how I play my games on the PC anyway. Might try the triggers later.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Whats the co-op options like with this? I play 3-4 Player wireless on PC with friends at work. Also does it tun into the issue of emulating a controller and having Player 2 control both players which was an issue with DS4Windoes unless you setup HidHide.

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
Right up my alley and very intrigued. Appreciate the heads up!

Also want to put out my wish upon a star that the new uncharted collection will have Trigger and haptic features supported natively. But this may do as a replacement in a pinch

OP
OP
Skyebaron

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can this possibly add input lag?
Not that ive felt. IF you want, you can "overclock" your PS5 controller to have less lag. Heres the vid I used:

Says DS4 but it worked on my Dualsense. Been using it since the before the PS5 came out like this and havent had any problems other than windows updating and resetting my settings sometimes. But the process is so quick, I just have the files on my PC and do it in less than a minute.