• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
The Nimby Brexiter
giphy.gif

ss1

Oct 27, 2017
No sympathy. They can tarmac the rest of Kent as far I'm concerned. Since you known that the initial customs facilities wont be sufficient for the volumes needed.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh well. Brexit areas need to own the consequences of Brexit as much as the rest of us.

No crying now. Do your part to make it a success.

This reaction is so fucking typical of the Little Englander mindset. They didn't give a fuck when they thought the negative consequences wouldn't reach them.

My sympathy for them stretches to my front gate - that's the attitude they've had towards everything else up until now so it's about time they get a taste of it.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
"We loved Brexit until it actually affected us in minor ways"

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I mean at least they can all retrain to be custom officers now.

He use to run a business. Now he can be a customs officer.

(he just didn't know it)

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These people were told numerous times of the consequences but no they wanted to there so called UK back.

Idiots.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not give a single solitary fuck what these people have to put up with. They wanted it.

Enjoy your new Farage garage

Oct 27, 2017
I, as a European, feel thoroughly owned. Well done. Your planned worked. You took back your country. Enjoy the fruits of your hard labor.

lol

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Congrats to them, now just learn to live with their own choices! (sorry for the 40% though)

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I actually laughed out loud when reading this.....fucking idiots who voted for brexit without listening to actual experts and people who understand what would happen if we left, and then enjoyed jumping on the "we've had enough of experts" bandwagon when people told them to realise what would happen, honestly as someone who voted remain and tried hard as fuck to convince everyone I know how stupid they would be to believe the tories lies about brexit, I've now gotten to the point where I know it's fucked, we had plenty of chances to change course but so many people were so stubborn and refused to tell the tories to fuck off at 2 fucking General elections and in fact gave them a huge majority last year, so now all I'm able to do is laugh at the idiots who caused this and hope my family isn't fucked over too hard in future seeing as we need medical care every day and the tories have had an obsession with privatising the NHS for decades, but I also told myself and anyone I know that if at any point a leave voter complains to me about anything that was caused by the brexit situation when things go bad I'm gonna outright laugh at them and tell them it's their fucking fault and they're idiots and to stop complaining and get on with it like they told everyone who wanted another vote to do.

Also sick of this idea a load of them throw around of "we didn't know what we were voting for!" Well that's not an excuse because there were a lot of people telling you all what would happen and you decided to ignore those experts again to instead believe the tories and right wing rags you fucks. I've always had the same mindset with people I know, if you don't know what you're voting for then listen to experts or people who do understand what's happening and vote how they suggest or don't vote at all, but nope everyone had to vote for magical rainbow fairyland brexit, ignoring that the leave campaign was telling everyone 100 different tales of brexit and couldn't possibly deliver a single one of them.

Swimble_87

Oct 27, 2017
Gutting news - I am from Kent myself and voted remain (clearly in vain). We aren't all as bad as people in this thread are expressing as fact.

Parts of Kent are beautiful and it's absolutely gutting to see people so completely and utterly own themselves and the rest of us - all for the sake of Boris and Nigel, in essence. What a putrid state of affairs.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Wait, borders? I thought Britain was an island

Borders are simply the place where one country's legal jurisdiction starts, they can be anywhere. In this case the UK government is having to create an internal border in Kent because there's simply nowhere else to put one that can house the thousands of lorries coming over from other countries whilst they get through customs/border control. Before now there wasn't any need for such a significant border because the vast majority of goods coming via lorry came from the EU.

Think of it like when you arrive at an airport; even if it's nowhere near the country's physical border with other nations you still go through a 'Border' to officially get into that country.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
This is what they wanted...more job opportunities in Kent. What's the complaint lmao

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
I actually laughed out loud when reading this.....fucking idiots who voted for brexit without listening to actual experts and people who understand what would happen if we left, and then enjoyed jumping on the "we've had enough of experts" bandwagon when people told them to realise what would happen, honestly as someone who voted remain and tried hard as fuck to convince everyone I know how stupid they would be to believe the tories lies about brexit, I've now gotten to the point where I know it's fucked, we had plenty of chances to change course but so many people were so stubborn and refused to tell the tories to fuck off at 2 fucking General elections and in fact gave them a huge majority last year, so now all I'm able to do is laugh at the idiots who caused this and hope my family isn't fucked over too hard in future seeing as we need medical care every day and the tories have had an obsession with privatising the NHS for decades, but I also told myself and anyone I know that if at any point a leave voter complains to me about anything that was caused by the brexit situation when things go bad I'm gonna outright laugh at them and tell them it's their fucking fault and they're idiots and to stop complaining and get on with it like they told everyone who wanted another vote to do.

Also sick of this idea a load of them throw around of "we didn't know what we were voting for!" Well that's not an excuse because there were a lot of people telling you all what would happen and you decided to ignore those experts again to instead believe the tories and right wing rags you fucks. I've always had the same mindset with people I know, if you don't know what you're voting for then listen to experts or people who do understand what's happening and vote how they suggest or don't vote at all, but nope everyone had to vote for magical rainbow fairyland brexit, ignoring that the leave campaign was telling everyone 100 different tales of brexit and couldn't possibly deliver a single one of them.

Yep. I'm beyond pissed off at the population now.

A bunch of rich fuckers that own the media & politics have conned an entire population into believing leaving the EU would be good for them, while they turn a country into another tax haven.
And the population STILL haven't woken up to it - instead they gave even greater control the Tories.
It's true what Lyndon B Johnson said:

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Xenophobia and/or racism was the leading factor for Brexit; people's fear of 'foreigners'. It's pathetic how easily we're divided and manipulated.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Also sick of this idea a load of them throw around of "we didn't know what we were voting for!"
I remember them clearly yelling "we knew exactly what we voted for so we don't need a second referendum!"

They clearly voted for Brexit. This is Brexit. They may have thought they were getting a different Brexit but after all Brexit means Brexit so all Brexits are equivalent and voting for Brexit means supporting any Brexit.

Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit. It's the new universal word, like Smurf!

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
There wasn't much in the way of detail for Brexit to begin with, so duh, big surprise here.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
I always knew Brexit was a stupid idea, incredibly short sighted but I never imagined the mess it has now become. We're still in the transitional stage as well.
Brexit marketing? You mean propaganda, you fool. Of course, they never showed the downsides. Just lied about positives that will never come to be.

The same with the Tories, and people will have etched on their tombstones after austerity 2.0 wipes out communities that at least we didn't let Corbyn in. You guys really saved us from the likes of me looking out for everybody, and not just myself. Well done!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It was all well and good until it directly affects them. Gonna see a lot more of this regret as the economy somehow gets even worse.

The only "victory" will be for the racists who'll be sitting in squalor thinking it's all good because they don't have to see a Polish dentist anymore. Primarily because they probably won't have the option to see any dentists.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine all this effort, just to be in a lesser position.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Imagine all this effort, just to be in a lesser position.

Yeah, a good chunk of these people voted for austerity because money didn't grow on trees, but here we are spaffing 100s of billions on making the country shittier, and then we will need some austerity on top to pay for "it" whatever the fuck it is.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brexit could have had taken a lot of different forms so I have some sympathy,We didn't have to end up with this mess. Hopefully this releases the tory stranglehold on the south east. Probably not though, they'll have forgotten in 2024

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone asked me to describe Brexit in two words it'd be "surprise pikachu". The sheer degree of societal head-in-sand is downright farcical.

Between Trump and Brexit I am never again underestimating just what white people will do to spit in the faces of brown people. Because between Trump and Brexit white people are apparently willing to torpedo everything straight into the fucking ground.

DigiDom

Oct 30, 2017
Brexit could have had taken a lot of different forms so I have some sympathy,We didn't have to end up with this mess. Hopefully this releases the tory stranglehold on the south east. Probably not though, they'll have forgotten in 2024
No sympathy here. Brexit COULD have taken a lot of forms. However, they shouldn't have voted for it until there were more details about how things were going to be done.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
The political right is full of nothing but conmen and suckers.

Good to know it's global and not just the US!