• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Did Game of Thrones or Endgame have the better event of the week?

• Endgame

Votes: 201 81.7%
  • Game of Thrones

Votes: 45 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think this is a fair comparison, this wasn't the last episode of GoT

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that has been eagerly awaiting this specific encounter in GoT, that was a fucking weak episode. All that shit and Arya ninjutsu assassinates the Night King? lmao

Oct 27, 2017
Both were super hype as fuck and heart pounding awesomeness but Endgame had like 8 amazing moments compared to GoT's like 2

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is hella premature and honestly quite dumb in general.

This is like comparing Civil War to the GoT episode.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Endgame was much more satisfying.

But I do appreciate that all the Starks who didn't try to kill Captain America survived the weekend.

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought the people complaining about the last few seasons of Game of Thrones were way too harsh and that the show, despite its problems, was still incredible and fundamentally a worthy adaptation of the books.

Tonight's episode disabused me of that notion.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Endgame brought the classic two page spread of heroes posing in wreckage before the final battle to the screen, and did it masterfully. And that was before the movie did a victory lap/highlight reel that was beautifully pulled off.

It's hard to beat that.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I saw both today. Both were overstuffed and featured action scenes too Chaotic for their own good because the casts are just too big - even with Endgame barely touching the snapped new-school half of the cast. Both had incomprehensible logic problems in the battles.

I liked them both well enough. But I don't think I'll ever feel the need to watch either one again - and I've repeatedly watched a lot of both GoT and MCU.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Endgame was a crowning achievement. This GOT is just more of the same bullshit that plagued episode 6 last season.

It's strange how both movies are fan servicey as hell, but Endgame does it with a bit of skill and charm and this latest episode is just eye rolling. Just compare how both villains were built up and ultimately went out.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I always thought the people complaining about the last few seasons of Game of Thrones were way too harsh and that the show, despite its problems, was still incredible and fundamentally a worthy adaptation of the books.

Tonight's episode disabused me of that notion.
It was a worthy adaptation of the books.

Until they ran out of books.

As soon as they had to flesh things out on their own, consistency and logic went to hell. Still has its moments. But to me they went all in on spectacle and forgot what made the show/books so special early on. I always BELIEVED in the story up until last year. Where once a created world with fantastical elements was grounded and felt real, now it's mostly just CGI and green screens and eye candy.

Still a good show and crazy for series TV. No longer a GREAT show.

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a worthy adaptation of the books.

Until they ran out of books.

As soon as they had to flesh things out on their own, consistency and logic went to hell. Still has its moments. But to me they went all in on spectacle and forgot what made the show/books so special early on. I always BELIEVED in the story up until last year. Where once a created world with fantastical elements was grounded and felt real, now it's mostly just CGI and green screens and eye candy.

Still a good show and crazy for series TV. No longer a GREAT show.
Even the previous "spectacle" episodes, like Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards, still had some of that Game of Thrones intelligence and spirit. They were well-directed and weren't completely illogical. But this...

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't vote cuz I stopped watching GoT after 4 seasons (I want my time back), but I will say I liked (not loved) Endgame, and was impressed at the way it managed to juggle all these characters and storylines that, on paper, should have collapsed under their own weight. They did a damn good job with it.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I caught Endgame a few hours before tonight's episode of GoT. Gotta say it's easily Endgame. Half the time I couldn't see anything and while there could be nitpicks for the battle in Avengers I just couldn't help but feel that so many decisions were made just to create tension, decisions that made no sense at all.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I knew this thread would exist when I jumped online.

And the answer is thrones. Endgame, even with its fan service, can't though the film making on display by Miguel Sapochnick tonight.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Endgame really took a lot of wind out of GoT's sails for me.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Endgame had a much more impactful ending and emotional buildup and payload/payoff.

GoT's Season 8 Episode 3 was awesome till the end with the way they pulled off that ending. Also the lighting was a bit bad - could have been a tad bit brighter but it was done well imo regardless.
Maybe it's my TV settings, but I found the episode to be really dark. Had trouble following the action sometimes.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe anyone even thinks the two are close. One was an emotional payoff to multiple characters weve grown with over the past 10 years, and the other was one of the saddest resolutions to a plot point that was set up seven seasons ago and now all the major characters are alive and going to carry on with the real conflict of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.