• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Ticket System Now Live!

We're officially bringing our previously announced Ticket System live, which should help streamline communication between members and staff. Now, whenever you need to get staff attention for anything that can't be handled through a report, you can simply open a ticket from the left sidebar menu. The final available categories include Ban Appeal, Moderation Inquiry, Account Support, Account Deletion/Suspension, Verified Account Requests, and the miscellaneous Other. These categories cover all of the most common inquiries that we recieve from members. The system is even available while logged out, which is necessary for Ban Appeals.

Tickets are a better way to reach the staff than private messages, as more staff will have access to them, which should help ensure that you get a response. This system also functionally replaces the "Contact Us" email form. Please note that while we will do our best to respond at least once to all Tickets, response times may vary and we do not promise an endless back and forth.

Title Edits

You may have gotten a glimpse of this a little while ago, but the wrinkles are finally ironed out and it's ready to go! Thread creators can now edit their own thread titles within five minutes of the thread being posted; enough time to correct any obvious mistakes. We suspect that a lot of posters will get a lot of mileage out of this feature. If you need a thread title changed after the time limit has expired, please continue to use the report feature and report your own thread; staff will be happy to fix it for you.

Countdowns (Time BBCode)

Whenever there's an announcement or an event to look forward to, we often find ourselves needing a countdown timer. Until now, unless you were GiftBot, the only solutions were inelegant and third party. Finally, we have a native feature to address this. If you check the dropdown on your toolbar in the reply box, you'll notice a new BBCode option called "Time." When you select this option, you'll get a prompt with a convenient interface to either count up or count down to the time and date of your choice!

xKH7D8R.png

We expect this to get a lot of use from thread creators doing OTs for live events or launches.

Set Your Own Date/Time Format

Now under Preferences you can select how you want Date/Time to appear on the site! A number of different options (pictured below) are available to accommodate various regions and personal affinities.

NZLxfSf.png

Improved Alerts Interface

The Alerts interface has been tidied up a bit! When you view the Alerts page or open the pop-up, only the recently viewed alerts will be marked as read instead of all possible alerts. It will also display when an alert was read. A "Mark Unread" option has been added to the Alerts page along with checkboxes for easy selection, along with filtering for unread Alerts.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
A "Mark Unread" option has been added to the Alerts page

Huh weird. I always had that option

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Hey, I hate to ask this in a thread about nice improvements, but uh, can we pretty please get an extension on how long 2FA stays active and logged in? I hate having to login every 30 days on hardware that I know is in my possession.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
was hoping this would fix the bug on iOS safari where the page never completely loads but that's still present. the "X" to stop loading is still always present

edit: and sometimes the load bar never finishes

574-DA098-699-C-4110-8-CBA-7-B54-EB65-FFFC.png

Last edited:

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Groovy. I was scratching myself for 10 minutes while the site was down. Great additions. Especially the ban appeal one! I'm sure many users never knew about the original (completely out of the way) ban appeal and just never bothered coming back lol I'm also sure many of those people didn't deserve a second chance either.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
was hoping this would fix the bug on iOS safari where the page never completely loads but that's still present. the "X" to stop loading is still always present

Yeah this is a major frustration. Appreciate the improvements though!

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These are some good QoL improvements. Nice job, guys.

Oh shit, this isn't just me?! Good to know.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Any chance we can get the ability to turn off using the numpad to change forums? I've hit them by accident a number of times for various reasons and it's annoying not realizing until it's to late (especially when it eats your in-progress post).

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is fantastic!

Thank you to the entire mod, admin and tech teams for all of your hard work. I truly appreciate it.

Love this website.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Set Your Own Date/Time Format

Now under Preferences you can select how you want Date/Time to appear on the site! A number of different options (pictured below) are available to accommodate various regions and personal affinities.

NZLxfSf.png
This is great but month number without leading 0 is xx/xx/xxxx formats are weird, I guess it will be the same for day number ?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nov 29, 2020 at 10:18 PM

test

edit: is there any way to bold/italicize/underline the countdown timer? just giving it a quick test looks like it won't work.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Great update! Though I do think OPs should be able to edit thread titles longer than that. It would make updating thread titles for OTs a lot easier, without needing to report threads.

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I hate to ask this in a thread about nice improvements, but uh, can we pretty please get an extension on how long 2FA stays active and logged in? I hate having to login every 30 days on hardware that I know is in my possession.
I'll talk to the tech guys about this, maybe we can work it out.

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

YES, this is driving me crazy! I will usually just stop it loading, but I have a feeling it's not helping my phone battery either.
I'm pretty sure it's related to ads. It doesn't happen on desktop.