• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Indy 5 will be a proper send-off for Ford, the character of Indy and Williams.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
John Williams is a Fucking legend and is single-handedly responsible for making good movies great movies.

Sad that this is it the end but Best of luck in retirement.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Williams has more than earned it. Hope Harrison's Indy goes out on a higher note than Crystal Skull.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think this is accurate about Ford. He's been announced for other projects like the Yellowstone prequel show.

ES76

Feb 27, 2018
Thanks John Williams, your work is some of the greatest.
Maybe his son Sherwin will be able to deliver us that wedding theme for when Short Round marries that Ewok.
WKUK John Williams

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I was listening to John Williams quite a bit a couple months ago, and it is simply astonishing how much work he has done - and how spectacular it all is. Truly the GOAT of film score composing.

Harrison Ford reminds me of WWE's Undertaker that I always enjoy watching him, but seeing him being wheeled out in a subpar performance the last few outings has certainly dinged my nostalgia value in him. However, I will still see Indy 5, no doubt lol.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Williams is scoring The Fabelmans for Spielberg, so it's a little hard to reconcile with them possibly never working together again after that film with how much they've completed each other over the past few decades, but I suppose if it had to be any film to end as legendary a partnership, it may as well have been the one where John Williams finally got to score the story of Spielberg's life.

I wonder if Spielberg might be throwing in the towel soon as well?

The Fabelman sounds like a wrap up movie for Spielberg's entire career. But he's probably one of those dudes that's gonna work until he can't.

Capt Sensib1e

Banned
Jun 4, 2022
The Fox execs who watched Star Wars before the Williams music was added thought it was going to be a colossal bomb that sunk the studio and Lucas was in full nervous breakdown mode requiring hospitalization.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
didnt know he was that old. guys a literal genius. i bet hed be classified as a musical savant if it didnt have to be attached to an illness.

I wonder if Spielberg might be throwing in the towel soon as well?

The Fabelman sounds like a wrap up movie for Spielberg's entire career. But he's probably one of those dudes that's gonna work until he can't.
He's been wanting to make this film since the late 90s, so even as it's appropriate for him to finally get around to it at this point in his career, I do think he has that same dream that Kurosawa had where his ideal death happens mid-take. The man was practically genetically engineered to be a filmmaker.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I feel like neither are going to actually retire. Williams can presumably still write forever, and Ford can always do VO work (not that he seems to enjoy it).

He's been wanting to make this film since the late 90s, so even as it's appropriate for him to finally get around to it at this point in his career, I do think he has that same dream that Kurosawa had where his ideal death happens mid-take. The man was practically genetically engineered to be a filmmaker.

Yeah, and I swear there's like eight other films Spielberg has been talking about making/producing/been announced for too.

Williams no longer planning to retire after Indy 5
OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UPDATE:
Williams, now 90, was expected to retire after finishing Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, being directed by James Mangold. But at a talk with Spielberg on stage earlier this month, Williams surprised his friend saying that he no longer planned on retiring after the next Indiana Jones film. A visibly emotional Spielberg remarked he better figure out what film he was doing next, then.
www.hollywoodreporter.com

John Williams Documentary in the Works from Steven Spielberg, Imagine

The composer behind the scores for 'Star Wars,' the 'Indiana Jones' movies, and 'Jurassic Park' gets the spotlight.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
The Ford thing was bogus too because he's been announced for Thunderbolts in 2024. So basically that thread title is 100% wrong!

jalkerway

Oct 27, 2017
The Ford thing I think was because when talking about Indy 5, he said it was "the last time" meaning the last Indy movie, not the last movie he's ever going to make. It may have even been on stage at D23?