• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
For those who don't know, Empire of Sin is:

-Tactical mafia game set in Prohibition era Chicago
-Has very compelling-looking strategy layer
-Due Q2 2020 for PC, Mac, Switch, PS4 & XBOX
-Created by Brenda Romero

I was watching this more in depth preview and it really intrigued me - the strategy layer in particular looks ripe for replayability, with opportunity for emergent story telling:

Who else is excited for this? I could use an interesting new tactical game, and being published by Paradox generally means it will be well-supported so I am looking forward to a lot of content for this.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Been looking forward to this ever since the first trailer. Hopefully it's good.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a game I wanted to MAKE when I was interested in game design like 15 years ago, so I'll definitely play it. My dream was to make a multiplayer version of this, but since I don't play multiplayer games anymore, I'm even more interested by it being SP. Big Jagged Alliance 2 fan here, too, and the combat looks similar. Can't wait to play it on Switch!

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Not usually a genre I play too much, but between Romero games and the cool prohibition setting, I am definitely keeping an eye on it!

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who got super hyped for "Omerta: city of gangsters" and ended up underwhelmed I really want this game to be good.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah it looks very cool. I played a similar game on PC when I was a kid and loved it even though not really understanding it back then.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Steam Store page (I thought it sounded familiar, and lo and behold, I have it wishlisted already)

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah I am very interested in it. I am hoping the Switch version will be good, becasue it's the kind of game I could see myself wanting to play for a little longer in bed. If not I will settle for the Xbox I guess.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to it too. Hope the switch version runs well as I think this is the perfect on the go game.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I hated the song in the trailer, but the game does sound interesting. I'll probably try to grab it after it gets a price drop.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
yDJRHwy.gif

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It does, reminds me of that ZX spectrum noir crime game. Can't remember the name now.

It's.coming to Switch too, which is nice

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Great googly moogly. One of those unique games I never expected/predicted, and instantly desire with frenzied impatience 0.o