• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

HqjEzu9.png

tamale_1fad4.png

bubble-tea_1f9cb.png

thong-sandal_1fa74.png

headstone_1faa6.png

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Took way too long for the trans flag and symbol emoji's to be added, but I'm glad they're finally there. Still need some for other members of LGBTQ+ I really hope to see bisexual, ace, non-binary, and pansexual flags in the future!

Also gonna get a lot of use out of that black cat emoji lol

Oct 29, 2017
How did Unicode become the master of the emoji?
Reluctantly. Here's accidental Emoji expert Tom Scott doing a talk about it.

Long and short: Unicode compiles every languages custom keyboard requirements into one universal standard for seamless communication across all computers. The Japanese language is really hard to turn into computerized text, so Japanese cell phones effectively compressed every possible kanji/katakana into images, and had some space left over which became the first few emoji.

When Unicode started working on making compatability with Japanese cell phones, they had to adapt those, as they were technically part of an existing system, then people realized that Apple supported them at the system level, and made apps to unlock it, it started to blow up, and... there we go

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
is that a stereotypical Italian "what the fuck" hand gesture?

MY LIFE IS FINALLY COMPLETE