• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
It takes a true master to be one of the biggest artists in the game while simultaneously being a washed up, irrelevant underdog.

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And The Slim Shady LP isn't even one of them. So 6-7 albums charted to one despite being underwhelming.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Expected but will the album have any staying power like Drake or Post Malone is the question. At least in the US I doubt it. In terms of the Billboard Hot 100 I expect 1 or 2 songs to debut in the top 10 (The Box has been gate keeping #1 the last 2 weeks)

Last edited:

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im so glad Im not tethered to pop culture

I havent listened to a song of his since Im Sorry Momma and I don't intend on changing that regardless of how popular his work is

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't he washed up though?
I'm not being sarcastic, that's just what I heard. I don't keep up with popular music.

Zonar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona, USA
Wasn't he washed up though?
I'm not being sarcastic, that's just what I heard. I don't keep up with popular music.

Eminem to his detractors
Marlo.jpg

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
This only reinforces my (baseless) opinion that Eminem is the greatest rapper who ever lived.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mainstream music listeners have always been quite partial to Eminems rap band.

He is a particularly good rap singer after all.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Let me be clear, I'm talking washed in a purely talent sense. Em will always be successful.

Edit: For example, Peyton Manning was washed up when he won the Superbowl. Had one of his worst seasons but had the highest success possible in the game (minus SB MVP).

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
pretty unsettling that a guy whose entire brand is being psychotically angry and abusive to women resonated so well with men in the united states in the united kingdom

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Even still, washed used as fallen off doesn't really fit. People might not like what he says or his content, but in terms of actual skill and word play, he's way better now than he was in early 2000s.

Definitely not. He's become more of a punchline rapper and lost his multi-syllabics for the most part. He used to weave 2-4 syllable rhymes effortlessly but around Recovery he started going for more punches like "Calm Batman".

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like eminems continued success despite bad projects is what happens when your demographic doesnt have many artists to choose from that looks like them so they keep batting for the one dude from the culture representing them.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Here's a half a verse from Get You Mad, color coded for multis.

What a wonderful day, I should go outside and play
Ain't no need to sit inside the house and hibernate
Hi, Renée
I was just about to toss a live grenade
In your driveway and drive away
Are you afraid of a blade made of a razor with AIDS?
Blood drippin' from it
Rippin' your stomach like a paper mâché
You talk a lot of shit, but you was never ill, though
I'm sick enough to beat you to death with a feather pillow

You don't get that type of intricate rhyming from Em these days outside a few bright spots but almost all of SSLP was like this.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Here's a half a verse from Get You Mad, color coded for multis.

What a wonderful day, I should go outside and play
Ain't no need to sit inside the house and hibernate
Hi, Renée
I was just about to toss a live grenade
In your driveway and drive away
Are you afraid of a blade made of a razor with AIDS?
Blood drippin' from it
Rippin' your stomach like a paper mâché
You talk a lot of shit, but you was never ill, though
I'm sick enough to beat you to death with a feather pillow

You don't get that type of intricate rhyming from Em these days outside a few bright spots but almost all of SSLP was like this.

This is from 3 different songs in 2017 & 2018:

zjbwbyw6vi911.png

mzTt5Qi.png

TrW3FTO.png

I guess you could argue that those are just the "bright spots" you mentioned but if you release these bright spots sometimes multiple times a year then I don't really feel like one has much room to argue :P I'd wish people would stop trying to project a loss of talent onto Eminem when they simply don't realize that over the years their taste changed and that they are now into different things than they were at 16. Eminem bars can be just as amazing as they ever were these days.

Last edited:

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
How is it considered ok to signal boost a person who makes homophobic, transphobic, and misogynistic songs on this forum? Just cause he can make multisyllabic rhymes?

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
How is it considered ok to signal boost a person who makes homophobic, transphobic, and misogynistic songs on this forum? Just cause he can make multisyllabic rhymes?

Idk but posting in any Em thread is a bad idea unless you're prepared to deal with an extremely " u mad bro? Fuk the h8trs" defense force. It's very... interesting , I'll leave it at that