• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Cool, I like her. She always comes off as likable with a certain bit of charm when it's allowed to show it so I'm like good for her for getting whatever possibly high profile roles she can.

Btw, wasn't Emilia the front runner to play Maya Hansen in Iron Man 3 back in the day?
For whatever reason that didn't panned out, but also glad she dodged that bullet since it was such a throw away role/character.
If that's the case, I'm not sure how it'd be worked around her Game of Thrones commitments since I think they were filming at roughly the same time.

Everytime I remember she had 2 aneurysms, I just get happy that she is still able to work. I love her.
I've been trying to figure out how to mention this in a post I've been writing for way too long now but same.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
She comes off as a really lovely person who's had some struggles. I enjoyed her work in GoT, she's a perfect fit for the MCU.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
and to think, I made this just yesterday

image.png

keep this one around. The cast list is getting legit.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Can I make a dumb question? Secret Invasion poses the Skrulls as villains, but hasn't the MCU painted them as good guys? Will there be a new Skrull faction that'll infiltrate that's not the one already portrayed in Captain Marvel?

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
She needs to play a fun and silly character.

Watching Thrones and some of her other movies like Terminator, she can come across as wooden and boring. But in interviews she is so warm, funny, and expressive.. Her natural charisma would be pretty damn perfect for the MCU.

Let her be a goofy character marvel.

Last edited:

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Can I make a dumb question? Secret Invasion poses the Skrulls as villains, but hasn't the MCU painted them as good guys? Will there be a new Skrull faction that'll infiltrate that's not the one already portrayed in Captain Marvel?

I SWEAR I read somewhere that the premise for Secret Invasion was that Fury and Talos would be hunting Kree sleeper agents. So, essentially pale and dark skinned Kree (think like Yon-Rogg and Korath, respectively) masquerading as humans. So, it'd be kind of a twist on the comic's storyline.

Of course, being a Fury centered spy show, I'd not be shocked if it turned out later that a fanatical skrull cult was the real threat.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
She needs to play a fun and silly character.

Watching Thrones and some of her other movies like Terminator, she can come across as wooden and boring. But in interviews she is so warm, funny, and expressive.. Her natural charisma would be pretty damn perfect for the MCU.

Let her be a goofy character marvel.

One of the reasons the more appealing possibility to me is a character like Abigail Brand. That could be a lot of fun.

If you're a fan of this side of her, watch Last Christmas next December. It's dumb but very charming and she's wonderful in it.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess there was nothing in that rumour about her taking over as Mera in Aquaman 2 then, huh? Shame.

Clarke's had... bad luck with some of her roles in the past, but I hope this works out for her. I've always had a soft spot for her for some reason.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I SWEAR I read somewhere that the premise for Secret Invasion was that Fury and Talos would be hunting Kree sleeper agents. So, essentially pale and dark skinned Kree (think like Yon-Rogg and Korath, respectively) masquerading as humans. So, it'd be kind of a twist on the comic's storyline.

Of course, being a Fury centered spy show, I'd not be shocked if it turned out later that a fanatical skrull cult was the real threat.

Thank you for explaining!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Loved her work in GoT, so I'm down to see what she brings to Secret Invasion.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
If she can be Jessica Drew we are one step closer to one of the greatest friendships ever in comics.

DKOGdDpX0AUxD9y.jpg

tumblr_pi557vwVHi1xa3nnvo2_1280.png

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I want them to just keep adding more big name actresses to the roster to keep people guessing.

Tomorrow: Queen Latifah joins the cast!

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
I can't really seem to like her, and i tried hard in GOT. Oh well, she's got a momentum i guess so why not.