• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Seriously though, Embracer Group may as well acquire Atari because Infogrames ain't doing shit to capitalise on the brand's nostalgia.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
The only great games Embracer has put out recently is Metro and Desperados 3.

They've gone for Quantity over Quality.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I've got a bad feeling that if this company collapses under its own weight a lot of these awesome dev studios they purchased would collapse along with them.

I can't help but think of Sierra when reading this. Having a bunch of investors hoping to churn a profit like this feels like it's destined to end bad.

Remk NG

Apr 16, 2018
That's a really poor use of powerpoint.

I get that not a single investor will care but still... put some effort into your work...

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
I not only don't understand how these dudes make money, but yo stop acquiring so I can stop adding to my no buy list. So long as THQN is a part of the portfolio this is an ever-increasing list of developers I'll never purchase from.

I hope that when Embracer inevitably implodes (because seriously, how the fuck are they profitable) that this doesn't mean a lot of Euro developers and publishers aren't wiped off the map with them.

rostad

Oct 27, 2017
Canada pesion fund invested like 2 billion SEK a couple of weeks back.

I bought Embracer stock last year and its up 200% altough it was a small investment.

For those saying they release few quality games I have to disagree.
Their CEO said their metacritic average is over 80.