• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Not terribly surprising considering how Sony and Epic Games have been chummy with one another lately. I feel we are going to see a lot of Sony exclusives also end up being EGS exclusives this generation.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
They would buy a studio that's never put out a game?

6AE06C52E127CB62C438D75B55718FB09E7C66D2

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
It is an odd tweet since it implies they are also owned by epic - but I'm sure they just mis-worded it and are simply referring to their exclusivity agreement (which is an odd thing to refer to as a family)

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming they didn't jump the gun on an announcement but yeah it's super easy to read that as them being acquired by Epic. Or maybe it was written by someone who's a non-native English speaker/writer.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
It's for sure a weird way to put it, but it's rather unlikely they would just announce the acquisition that way.

So, they are probably talking about also being Epic partners with Kena being exclusive to EGS.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Bro they are getting paid by them, why the fuck would the studio be against EPIC when talking on Social Media? Or anywhere else for that matter lmao.
I know but you don't see this sort of wording used unless you're acquired. Being paid doesn't mean you see companies congratulate each other with this sort of wording 'family'. Would make more sense if they were acquired already. Now if this does happen, then its weird if they're just happy because the other will also make exclusive games. Either way its not a big deal but its not exactly great to see this either IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
Just throwing it out there the Ember Lab twitter account tweets a lot, like responds to most people who tweet at them.

I assume they are trying to drive engagement or something, but yeah wouldn't take this to mean anything other than the social media person seeing an excuse to tweet about popular news, since they are launching on the Epic store.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
They are, aren't they?

To me it doesn't matter if owned or not, EGSclusive means boycott. Actually I'm more forgiving to devs owned by epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.