• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I love RPGs both in video game and tabletop but I don't think I've attentionspan to play Oldschool CRPGs. I've tried to get into Fallout, Baldurs Gate and Planescape multiple times but give up after a couple hours.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
For Aliens: Colonial Marines, I bought a collector's edition for each platform. Full price, launch day.

I enjoyed the content in the Batman: Arkham Knight season pass and found it to be a decent value.

I stopped playing Street Fighter, a franchise I grew up loving, because I was incredibly bad at SFV and couldn't "get good" no matter how hard I tried. Now, I solely stick to Mortal Kombat and Smash Bros. for my competitive fighter needs.

I sold off a Splatoon 2 Switch Pro Controller for a meager $40 after being gifted a plain Pro Controller.

Laserplane

Apr 28, 2018
Preordered brink
Just beat smb3 yesterday
Sold my gb micro back to GameStop
Bought hellgate london
Broke my first ds lite trying to do a shell swap years ago

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I bought the Legion of Dawn Edition at full price. Digital, of course.
I-Know-That-Feel-Bro.jpg

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
I'm ashamed to admit that I played Overwatch a few years ago trying to scratch that FPS itch, what a terrible, unbalanced game. It also has the absolute worst community I have ever seen. I'm not the best at Overwatch, I only got to Diamond, but I feel like I can accurately judge that game at my skill level.

I didn't buy Rainbow Six Siege despite it looking interesting because of the Ubisoft name on it. The model of the game didn't help either, it reminded me of unlocking heroes in mobas and I hate mobas. I should have gotten into it earlier because I jumped on the train late but still managed to be in the top 3% in ranked. I sometimes wonder how much better I would be if I started when the game came out.

I bought No Man's Sky at launch because I'm a sucker for space exploration.

Bloodborne was my first FROM game since they never looked interesting to me. I've since played through all of the FROM games except Dark Souls 2.

I didn't play through the Metal Gear Solid games until last year and they are easily some of my favorite games of all time now.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I suck at card games, both in videogames and IRL. If your game includes a bonus card game I will suck at it.

I never won a single game of Triple Triad or Gwent. I would've platinumed Witcher 3 if I wasn't forced to play the stupid card game. I hate it. I hate them all.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I lied and told everyone I beat demon souls when I was a kid, then lied about beating dark souls. Then I actually beat the games but I had no one to talk to about them because they already thought I beat them

Nov 13, 2017
When the Dual Shock controller first came out for the PSX, I was playing the game Driver a lot. I noticed there was a considerable rumble when the car hit buildings, but the car never got stuck, it would just "roll" off slowly and continue on down the street. So I rigged the drive button to stay down ( I think after remapping it to R2 from X), turned the TV off, stuck the controller under my nuts and let the randomly timed vibrations arouse me while I jerked off.
Wait what

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
When the Dual Shock controller first came out for the PSX, I was playing the game Driver a lot. I noticed there was a considerable rumble when the car hit buildings, but the car never got stuck, it would just "roll" off slowly and continue on down the street. So I rigged the drive button to stay down ( I think after remapping it to R2 from X), turned the TV off, stuck the controller under my nuts and let the randomly timed vibrations arouse me while I jerked off.
Oh my

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Fallout: New Vegas - glitched out and deleted my save file (was only 12 hours in), I was so pissed off I traded it in the next day and never looked back. In the years since I've heard nothing but good things, many proclaim it's the best modern Fallout game.

Battlefield 5 - didn't care for the whole "SJW's are ruining Battlefield" debate, I was just hoping the game would launch in a stable, functional and coherent state but once again DICE released another half-baked live service game that's gonna take them another 6-12 months to fix properly. I knew this was going to happen and I bought it anyway.

SW: Battlefield 2 - My brother asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I regret that he spent his money on that turd of a game. (Don't know why but I figured the MP would be half decent after the cold reception to the first one and even knowing all the MTX pay-to-win card nonsense I still wanted to try it).

SW: Battlefront - Bought it used for $20 and was still disappointed.

Halo Wars 2 - Every time the game received an update I had to redownload the entire game, called it quits after the third time that happened.

Far Cry 3 - Boring, bland and extremely repetitive with one of the most unoriginal stories.

Rage - I honestly don't remember what I was expecting.

Brink - I think it had promise but it just didn't pan out.

I played both the Closed Alpha and the Open Beta for Anthem and I saw that mess coming from a mile away so luckily I dodged a bullet, so I guess that's a plus!!!

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
In high school I was a big donkey kong country 2 fan (still am), so when they announced 3 i was hyped. I borrowed a nintendo power from a classmate that had a walkthrough of 3 with a detailed map of all the secrets. In prevision of me getting the game, I drew the ENTIRE thing on a notebook before returning the magazine.

I never played DKC3 until maybe 10 years later. Of course I did not have that notebook anymore and I also had internet.

Sharofan

Aug 21, 2018
Rubber-banded my controller in GTA 5 and left it there to make Michael walk in circles so I could get that one trophy in which you had to walk continuously for five hours in the desert area.

pobble4ox

Dec 5, 2017
During my initial Dark Souls playthrough on PS3 a couple of years ago I double summoned for Ornstein and Smough. The battle was over in seconds. I still feel pangs of shame.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really consider this embarrassing, but I've heard people here call similar things embarrassing.

I will regularly use a personal day or vacation day for the release of a game I'm looking forward to. I rarely take days off anyway and have a lot of time off banked, so it seems like as good of a use as any. I also do this for Nintendo's E3 every year.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I finished Ninja gaiden on xbox and felt like a badass. My neighbor was stuck on literally the first level. So he came home to show me so I can help him. He got to the river area and walked on the water to get the chest. MIND BLOWN
I never knew you could walk on water in the game and was always wondering how to get that chest.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
I pirated a lot of games in the past. I was young and didn't have enough money to get games early.

I purchased a PSVITA back in 2014. I 100%'d Killzone Mercenary.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember how i found out that the protagonist of the Legend of Zelda is named "Link", before y'all get on my case, english is not my native tongue and localization of games for Latam was not a thing during the 80s, 90s and most of the 2000s, so i couldn't learn that from just playing the game, i just know i knew his name was Link even before i learned fully how to read english, and even when my friends thought his name was Zelda.

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a grown upp man and I play unhealthy amount of Disney's afternoon collection. I have played through cip and dales two time this week (!) and Im also cheating by rewinding.

Other that that I'm pretty normal.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
In Pokémon I thought the move Facade was pronounced "fuh-kaid" and the Pokémon Rattata was pronounced "Rata-tata."

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I like clicker games.

I've never played any entry of a lot of big series, like assassin's creed, gears of war, and so on.

I have item saving syndrome and suck at using in-game items. I'm that guy who never uses ethers or elixirs in RPGs, and I never use rocks/ash/etc in Fromsoft games.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a grown upp man and I play unhealthy amount of Disney's afternoon collection. I have played through cip and dales two time this week (!) and Im also cheating by rewinding.

Other that that I'm pretty normal.

It's a retro NES game collection, i don't think it's even meant to be played by any demographic other than grown people.

Modern day kids don't even know any of those cartoons and probably are confused about the designs in ducktales.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
I was playing FIFA 19 with a friend and I was leading 3-0 and he turned around in the 2nd half 3-4. 🤣🤣

s1lver

Oct 28, 2017

dee.jpg

Dec 20, 2017
When I was a child I tried to play paper mario 1000 year door. I couldn't get past the initial port area. I remember in particular there being a section where an npc tells you stop moving because they dropped their glasses, and the moment you move you crush them. I didn't realize that you were supposed to crush them, so I kept reloading the save trying to wait long enough for the npc to find their glasses.

Oct 30, 2017
The one video game challenge that I have never been able to overcome was the second waterfall segment from the Hakuna Matata level of the SNES lion king game. I have gone back as an adult and still could not do it. Souls games and Japanese action games are no problem for me but for some reason, falling rocks continuously put me on my ass.

blackmass

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin - Germany

That's quite an icebreaker.

Edit:
I was playing FIFA 19 with a friend and I was leading 3-0 and he turned around in the 2nd half 3-4. 🤣🤣

I lost 5:4 after leading 4:0 in a FUT Online match.

I played Bloodborne in Offline mode only.

I duplicated items in Dragon Age: Inquisition like crazy.

I mostly bought DMC3 after learning about Dante's coatless/shirtless costume.
There is a way to get the camera stuck under Link's tunica at a certain point in Twiligh Princess (on GC.) I'm doing it just for the lulz several times during a playthrough.
They grow old but they never grow up…

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I got to the final boss of Persona 3 FES, got fucked over by the dumbass AI (despite using the AI settings multiple times) right near the end when he had a sliver of health left. This happened multiple times, and every single time it felt like "This is gonna be the one!" and then the AI does something fucking stupid when the protagonist gets an ailment making it impossible to win at that point. That fight literally comes down to RNG.

The entire game the AI understands what reflection is, and not to attack into it. Suddenly on the final boss they just don't. If you have an AI party member set on "Heal/Support" and there's nothing they can heal or support, they will ATTACK! Those that know the last phase of the final boss of Persona 3, you can see why this is a major issue.

I played started P3P instead, which lets you control your allied party members. I'm close to the end of that now. It's easier in some ways, but harder in others (like charging you for healing).

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I have over 1000 hours in Sonic Adventure 2

I didn't know what the Persona compendium was in P4 until like the 5th dungeon. I thought you had to go to and capture each individual Persona.

When I was younger, I stole an N64 with the Expansion pack from my grandmother's house in order to play DK64

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i usually play games on the easiest difficulty that's offered. i have no problem with hard games if there's no difficulty option, but once it's there i choose easy.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Back in 2014 when Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze came out, I didn't had enough money to buy the game but I REALLY wanted it to have it on day one so I borrowed some money from my shitty salary that I should have not took in order to afford the game. I went on release day to the usual gaming store and when I arrived, they told me they didn't get any copies of the game... that they only had in other store, but that store is located pretty much on the exact opposite of the city. And since I didn't had a car, nor enough money to ride the bus, and since I stupidly was commited to get the game on day one, I made the even more stupid decision of going on foot to that fucking store. ON FOOT! I walked 9 km to the store and another 9 km back home. I was feeling like Forest Gump when he ran for years. At least they did had the game available...

It was almost 10 pm when I arrived at home... I played for 15 minutes until I passed out due to how fucking tired I was. To make things even more lame, I didn't touched the game anymore until a few weeks later. I was sort of pissed off with myself after that for wasting so much time, energy and money I shouldn't had spent on something that dumb as getting a videogame of a damn gorila. At least the experience was an eye opener and I stopped that obsessive impulse to buy new games on day one and dumb shit in general. I have not bought a physical game in years, only digital and because they were on sale.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I'm not really embarrassed because I don't really play them anymore.....but I am very,very bad at competetive shooters.....in a one-on-one situation I would die 95% of the time,lol.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I bought Metal Gear Solid 4 before buying a PlayStation 3.
Then I bought a PlayStation 3 console that came bundled with Metal Gear Solid 4, so I have two copies.

I haven't played it once.

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
When I was a kid, I had a pirated version of MGS1 (not cool/good, I know!) And couldn't get the codec number for Meryl for ages. I played up till that section over ten times, it wasn't until a friend came to my house that he told me about it. I always thought I missed something in the game and wasn't sure where to find the code. Derp