• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 24, 2018
This thread is dedicated to those moments in our gaming history we're embarrassed about, either because of weird silly practices we do, embarrassing matches etc. For example with me:

1. The reason I liked Reptile in Mortal Kombat is because I've always wanted a pet Iguana.
2. once had 37 losing streak in Tekken 7
3. When I play Silent Hill 2 for the first time, I only knew Pyramid head from Cultural Osmosis and the movies which had made me think he was more like a latter day Jason Vorhees and was like a murderuous cheeky scamp or an Anti-Hero... So let's just say I had a VERY BIG surprise when I saw his introduction in 2.
4. I fully admit I had a crush on Symmetra because I've always wanted more cool and badarse autistic characters that I could play as that weren't stereotypes. a power fantasy for me who grew up being mocked for it.
5. And my biggest embarrassment and gaming shame is accidentally saying RvB: Recovery One sucked when I was 14 while playing with a member of Rooster Teeth... I hate my teen self for that and I wish I could sorry for it or yell at my teen self for that.

Some ground rules though:

Please don't post anything illegal
Please don't abuse, mock or harass others about their confessions and be respectful.
If you don't feel comfortable posting a confession, don't, their is no peer pressure and do what feels comfortable for you.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I paid one month of Origin Premier to play Anthem.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
I smurf when stressed because mindless wins are fun in games I'm good at and it helps keep me sharp-ish.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back in the day I thought the Virtual Boy was Nintendo's successor to the SNES, so I sold my beloved SNES with an insane number of incredible games and three controllers AND the Super Scope 6 to get a VB.

After a while, I had amassed a library of the most worthwhile VB titles...and then one day decided I needed to trade it all away for an Atari Jaguar with...and here's the cringe-inducing kicker...Dragon The Bruce Lee Story video game. I had somehow got it in my head that I needed the Jaguar for the Alien vs Predator game that was released for it...a game which I never found.

I ended up trading that piece of shit to my brother for a Sega Genesis and NHL.

Probably the most inane series of decisions I've ever made in my life relating to material possessions.

Like...fack! Someone invent a time machine so I can go back in time and slap the shit out of my younger self.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I don't do it as much as when I was a teenager, but sometimes I still go out of my way to get the stupidest or least fun trophies in games.

I spent way too many hours playing Destiny, from its launch in 2014, to around mid 2017.

As a kid, I found Carmelita Fox from the Sly Cooper series attractive.
I still do, and I'm not that embarrassed by it, or I wouldn't have posted it here

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
X360 launch year: I bought Perfect Dark Zero twice. Second time because I scratched the disc by accidentally knocking down my 360. I stopped placing my 360 vertically after that day.

I wish I had known that I wasn't even going to like that game that much. Should have bought Kameo instead.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I swapped my Intellivision + 30-some games with a friend for Vectrex + maybe 5 titles.

I did it mostly for the portability factor as I was travelling between DC & Boston a lot at the time, visiting family.

Worst trade ever. SMH.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a lewd callie and a lewd marie tattoo squid sisters from splatoon 👀 Not as embarrasing as it sounds tbh cuz people seem to love those thats irl. Rest of my videogame tats are pretty sfw tho and they are hidden in casual clothes anyway.
(They are pin-up like)

Also got like over 80+ amiibo.

And gaming wise as in like in gaming truly probably my anger issues in the past where i deatroyed a tv out of anger cuz i lost in gta v. Well that was a good lesson cuz now i count to 10 or take a break if it gets too much sure a expensive one tho. I still curse tho altho i dont aim it at people around me or in games but to the game or myself.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
I am terrible at LoL. Not just playing, but watching a match on stream. I mostly have no idea what's going on, any time.

Actually, the same can be said to most of eSports games. Overwatch, Starcraft, stuff like those....

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
- I once purchased DLC for Sleeping Dogs, just to get the platinum trophy (faster)...

- I think both DICE Battlefront games are better than the original games...

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i need strategy guides to play RE1-3 and Silent Hill 1-4 because i get lost in them pretty easily

tho i did beat the RE2 remake by myself so i don't really know anymore

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Several of my childhood video game controllers have teeth marks on them from when I would get so mad at the game I felt I had to bite something.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I bought X-Blades and no denying that a contributing factor was the cartoon booty on the cover art. I was younger though and I learned my lesson.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I completely mis-read the set-up of Shadow of the Colossus.
I thought the game was about a dude who brought a human sacrifice to some kind of dark god for power, immortality or whatever. Made enough sense to me. They never bothered to explain your relationship to the lady. You're warned not to go to the forbidden place. The disembodied voice you sought out was clearly cartoonishly evil. A lot of those colossi you slay leave you alone until provoked. You slowly become visually corrupted as the game goes on.

Even when you transform and die, you still kinda die and get re-incarnated, making it seem like the mission was mostly a success, save for the whole being trapped in the barren wasteland bit.
When talking about the game with my friends, they were really confused. I don't remember why I was wrong, but I've accepted that I probably was.

Another recent one happened when I was playing Lost Vikings with someone. That game is kinda confusing in co-op, since it's not always clear who is in control. A rather tricky section came up, but I was really pleased to see me ace it from the first try. ...Except it turns out I wasn't the person in control. I was just pressing buttons like a little sibling with an unplugged controller. I felt pretty embarrassed, especially since I acted smug and obnoxious right after. I suspect she didn't realise though, and thought I was being silly and encouraging to her instead.

Last edited:

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- I think both DICE Battlefront games are better than the original games...

Me too buddy.

Also, I bought the Collector's Edition of The Force Unleashed II at midnight release.
Beat the game before 3am.
Immediate regret
whid1.gif

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Couldn't beat wind waker for years cause of the arrow in tornado thing.

Oct 31, 2017
My brother, neighbor and I lost to Glass Joe repeatedly as a kid because we didn't know you could dodge, so we'd punch until tired and then get punched to the ground.

punch_out___glass_joe_defeated_mac_by_kallyxmansion55_dcm1bb4-fullview.jpg

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
When I first played WoW in like 2006 / 2007, I played for a few hours without realizing that I had acquired new abilities that I could map to the hotbar, which was not automatic at the time iirc.
So I basically played with just auto-attack until I reached like level 10 or 15.
To be fair, it was my first MMO and one of my first western rpgs.

The funny thing is, I remember fighting some random mobs and thinking that the combat was really strategic and interesting, lol. Because I had to run around, trying to dodge them and regain health mid-fight.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
FFVII was a formative game of my childhood but I didn't finish for like 10 years, same goes for most RPGs besides Pokémon. Ironically I have the opposite problem now, I finish way more traditional RPGs but Pokémon is an absolute slog for me to get through.

I've been playing FFXIV since May 2017, the month before Stormblood came out, and I haven't even finished the MSQ yet. Hoping to do it by the time Shadowbringers comes out but I ain't the type to dedicate all my free time to an MMO.

The Redeads in Wind Waker still give me the heebiejeebies and I have to look away from the screen whenever I have to beat one.

I'm pretty sure I spent something like 3 hours on the final boss of Mario + Luigi Partners in Time, and my DS battery ran out. Turns out it's just a really bad difficulty spike and you have to fight every single enemy you come across in the rest of the game to stand a chance.

I like almost every Sonic song with vocals, the one exception being Seven Rings in Hand. We Can is a jam and no one can ever tell me otherwise.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Embarrassing in a lighthearted way: I don't know why but most of the male character models in Dying Light were weirdly attractive to me. That game's artstyle wasn't even particularly stylish and every dude just wore Cargo pants.

This did not sooth my rage at the colosseum boss fight, however, where I broke my first PS4 controller.

Embarrassing in a more personal not light hearted way:
I used to(and instinctively still do) looked to Heather Mason of Silent Hill 3 as an older sister figure, as I played that game constantly when I lived in a bad home as a kid and Silent Hill(especially 3) helped me cope. I always hate telling people that the disturbing sounds/music/atmosphere are legitimately relaxing to me because it always sounds like im being edgy, but I just genuinely get calmed by them. Whenever I'm upset, 3's soundtrack is my go to uplifter, and Heather Mason just has a permanent place in my heart.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Advocating Piracy
I have more than 600 games on steam, but lately i've been pirating indie games to save money.... :(

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Mercilessly made fun of a neighborhood friend for buying Earthbound; thought it was a baby game with shit graphics.

Then I (reluctantly) played it... and the shame and embarrassment of my opinion blasted over me like PK Flash.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I bought (and never played) Final Fantasy Type-0 HD at launch just for the demo of FFXV.
I was more animal than man.

Last edited:

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
when I fell into the Etecoon pit in Super Metroid I couldn't figure out how to wall jump my way out and had to start the entire game over

I still can't wall jump in Super Metroid

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played Chrono Trigger, FFVI or FFIX and I absolutely love JRPGs.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I have never played a Final Fantasy game.

I have never played a 3D Zelda game, only the Gameboy games. To me, 3D Zelda doesn't even look like what I consider Zelda.

The only Mario game I have played is Mario Kart on the Wii.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
While using my PS4 controller on PC and having my PS4 on at the same time, I some managed to navigate to the PSN store and buy Airheart..

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
I don't have that much time to play games anymore, and I'm only interested in the story, so I'm often using trainers to cheat my way through.