• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That is the best breakdown and timeline of all the events leading up to the tweet. Most media just sensationalized the story.... Unsworth was not actually a member or active part of the rescue...

Wow. I just read that entire thing and it was EXCRUCIATING. I'm not sure how anyone could read that without cringing into their shell let alone consider it a valuable breakdown of what happened. My god.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Hopefully the diver gets swamped in court fees for actually pursuing this silliness.
CjcA902m.png

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017

That is the best breakdown and timeline of all the events leading up to the tweet. Most media just sensationalized the story.... Unsworth was not actually a member or active part of the rescue team that asked Musk for help and gave him specifics for the sub. He is a hero and deserves all the praise for his contribution, but it was correctly identifying where the kids might be and giving the Thai govt a list of expert divers... He had no business commenting on the sub because it was way out of his expertise, he is not a diver, and CNN was just trying to create a sensationalized story asking him...and at the time he hadn't seen or spoken with anyone about the sub so... Read through link if anyone actually cares other than to drive by lol Elon publicity stunt lol mad they didn't use his sub.

I love this lmao. Your hero is a moron.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

That is the best breakdown and timeline of all the events leading up to the tweet. Most media just sensationalized the story.... Unsworth was not actually a member or active part of the rescue team that asked Musk for help and gave him specifics for the sub. He is a hero and deserves all the praise for his contribution, but it was correctly identifying where the kids might be and giving the Thai govt a list of expert divers... He had no business commenting on the sub because it was way out of his expertise, he is not a diver, and CNN was just trying to create a sensationalized story asking him...and at the time he hadn't seen or spoken with anyone about the sub so... Read through link if anyone actually cares other than to drive by lol Elon publicity stunt lol mad they didn't use his sub.

hi could i get a yahoo answers breakdown?

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I'll buy Tesla stock if Elon somehow manages to dig up actual pedophilia evidence.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
I'll buy Tesla stock if Elon somehow manages to dig up actual pedophilia evidence.

HIs attempt was to hire a felon (convicted of fraud) that was pretending to be a Private investigator after he send an email to Tesla. Zero background checks or anything. Paid him 50K.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Probably has to do with being informed. There is a very large number of users on this forum that have been hilariously wrong about everything relating to Elon and Tesla.
So Elon Musk did not call a man a pedophile and hire a private investigator* to try and prove said man was a pedophile because he was mad that he got made fun of on the internet?

*not actually a private investigator

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Shame he wasn't stupid enough to try to bribe the judge. Would've been glorious to see his dumb ass thrown in the slammer.

Nov 14, 2017
Actual judge, after hearing evidence and arguments from both sides: this should go to trial.

Unbiased and objective people whose views on Elon Musk and Tesla are rational and logical: hope this guy is bankrupted for wasting the court's time.
How about instead, we target the specific individuals who are creating the problems.
Odd complaint. They said "eat the rich", not "eat everyone" or "eat people at random".

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Calling the guy a pedo is still the dumbest and most random thing I think Elon has done. He honestly deserves to get dragged for it

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
That's so fucking funny!!!

I use to be a big fan of his but then he did this and it showed me how egotistical he is!

Enjoy the prospects of his company tho so hopefully his crazy ideas pop off

Yep. To me not even egotistical, narcissistic. Reminds me totally of something trump would do. Want to be seen the hero and then when not considered so and pointed out he was the opposite start trying to make the other person look bad.

It was so much like a trump thing to do it totally killed my good opinion of him.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

Another thing that came out of this case, while everyone wants to bash Elon for his supposed "PR" stunt and making it about himself. Here is Vern looking ahead for Hollywood movie $$$ and actually bashing the divers for taking the spotlight (one passed away..) from him and saying they will pay for it. Him going on CNN bashing Musk and his sub out of nowhere, when he had no understanding of it or the situation surrounding Musk working with the rescue team, could easily be viewed as seeking attention trying to create a story... you know for fame or $$

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Conspiratorial Rhetoric Over Multiple Posts in this Thread
again, what does this have to do with Misk calling someone a pedophile

I'd say it's pretty damn relevant to the trial if guy was looking for a payday, goes on CNN and makes outrageous inflammatory statements... Then sues for a payday.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Another thing that came out of this case, while everyone wants to bash Elon for his supposed "PR" stunt and making it about himself. Here is Vern looking ahead for Hollywood movie $$$ and actually bashing the divers for taking the spotlight (one passed away..) from him and saying they will pay for it. Him going on CNN bashing Musk and his sub out of nowhere, when he had no understanding of it or the situation surrounding Musk working with the rescue team, could easily be viewed as seeking attention trying to create a story... you know for fame or $$

What does any of this have to do with Musk's baseless and disgusting lie?

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this thread not about the trial? Those are court documents and I'd say his motivation for money, then going on CNN and bashing Musk out of nowhere is absolutely relevant to the trial
So your suggestion is that Vern intentionally insulted Musk, because he knew Musk would call him a pedophile, so he could sue for money?

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
So your suggestion is that Vern intentionally insulted Musk, because he knew Musk would call him a pedophile, so he could sue for money?

I'm saying guy was looking to cause a stir and grab the spotlight, because he was looking for Hollywood and book $$$ in his own words, so he went on CNN to drop bombs knowing the lightning rod celebrity Elon is....

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it's pretty damn relevant to the trial if guy was looking for a payday, goes on CNN and makes outrageous inflammatory statements... Then sues for a payday.
So both sides right? Even in a clear cut situation you can't really side against Musk. It's like a religion for some of you.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying guy was looking to cause a stir and grab the spotlight, because he was looking for Hollywood and book $$$ in his own words, so he went on CNN to drop bombs knowing the lightning rod celebrity Elon is....

But what does that have to do with Musk calling him a pedophile.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people stan for this imbecile again???
A nerd with a shit personality that never evolved past his early teens, does a positive thing purely for his own ego and so millions will like him and crawl back to him after all those comments made about him in high school!
The whole nerd but become *successful* resonates with alot of questionable individuals.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
What's the difference? This thread is about two specific people, and nothing larger than that.
I see it more as being about how the ability of individuals to accumulate disproportionate amounts of financial power enables some of them to reshape and influence society in undemocratic ways and how we need to sue and then eat them before they call us all pedos.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
"I've got the perfect plan!

I'll lie in wait, and one day Musk will call me a pedophile.

And then, get this... ILL SUE HIM FOR CALLING ME A PEDOPHILE!

WHAT A CUNNING AND DEVILISH PLAN!"

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No guys don't you get it. Vern meticulously planned this diabolical scheme to trap Musk into calling him a pedophile.
Musk had no other option but to do what Vern wanted. He definitely couldn't apologize after the fact, NOT hire a PI, settle, or anything like that.

Elon was the victim of a grand conspiracy.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I see it more as being about how the ability of individuals to accumulate disproportionate amounts of financial power enables some of them to reshape and influence society in undemocratic ways and how we need to sue and then eat them before they call us all pedos.
I am not in disagreement that "disproportionate amounts of financial power enables some [disproportionately wealthy folks] to reshape and influence society in undemocratic ways", but this is not a thread about that.

Unless of course you can find another instance of a billionaire calling a (relatively) poor guy a "pedo", in which case I will withdraw my complaint.

Otherwise I would advocate against drive by posting, especially when it diminishes the argument that many of us share.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
you remember how this shit evolved, these shit protections of Musk on this?

- Musk calls the guy a pedophile, double down on it

"Woah, Musk is so sure, he must have dirt on the diver!"

- Musk has nothing on the diver, diver plans to sue

"Well, the diver should be thankful Musk called him a pedophile, now he's going to get paid."

- Musk tries to get case dismissed, fails

"THE DIVER ONLY CARES ABOUT MONEY!!!"

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

Lol, and can you point me where in this timeline of yours that the diver is forcing Musk to call him a pedo and hire a private detective (who turns out to be a scam artist himself, lol) to "investigate" the diver?

Maybe you should go to the nearest Tesla factory to recharge or replace your battery, because I think the juice running to your brain is running out.