• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
User Banned (5 days): spreading misinformation
Less about my survival as it is limiting myself from becoming a carrier, which has implications.
What the fuck? If everyone thought like you guys we'd be fucked.

Make adjustments people, I don't care how healthy and young you are.

Also: how dare you downplay the Corona virus and compare it to a fictional thing.
You can infect other people even if you're likely to have no major complications yourself.
Jesus christ, Im not downplaying anything. In fact I hope my government issues a closing of the schools as well as Norway and Denmark has.
What I mean is - the panic that has infected the earths population is not a neccessary solutionary behaviour.
To be infected you have to speak to someone for 15 minutes face to face. If you go to a store each week you wont get infected.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Jesus christ, Im not downplaying anything. In fact I hope my government issues a closing of the schools as well as Norway and Denmark has.
What I mean is - the panic that has infected the earths population is not a neccessary solutionary behaviour.
To be infected you have to speak to someone for 15 minutes face to face. If you go to a store each week you wont get infected.

You were purposefully flippant and sarcastic. And I'm not going to trust you know what you're talking about when you compared the elderly and the young in relation to this disease. The rates are nowhere near the same.

The panic about buying too many goods is something to be critical about, but having people spend more time inside to prevent the parts of the population more likely to suffer complications shouldn't be mocked.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Man this guy...

Does some great things, but is shitty.

Who the hell told you this?

I hope you don't believe avoiding 15 minute conversations is the trick to avoiding infection.

Last edited:

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Car crashes are certainly worrisome when you're driving a Tesla that might lock your doors while you're stuck inside with the flames.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember car crashes wiping out 1%+ of the global population
That's not how viruses work. You're a lower risk yes, but the risk doesn't suddenly go from zero to one after 15 minutes. The entire point people have been pushing hand washing is because it lives on skin and surfaces for significant amounts of time and people are picking it up that way.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Known asshole and pedo Elon Musk acts like a dumbass, while people still downplay the coronavirus.

News at 11.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
And let's say only half of the US population gets the disease at some point and let's say the death rate is about as low as influenza 0.1 percent, we still have 115.000 people dead.
I'd say it's pretty damn serious.

According to the latest WHO report (https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...00313-sitrep-53-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=adb3f72_2), there are currently just under 81k people that have gotten the virus in China. That's about 0.006% of the total population of China. Not only that, but the spread of the disease in China has already drastically slowed (only 11 new incidents on the last day reported). Now, these numbers are most likely under-reported since some people get the disease and don't realize it, but even so, that's a very small percent of the population. In Italy, which is the country being hit the hardest outside China, about 0.03% of the population has had the virus.

Different areas are affected differently based on environment, population demographics, and cultural & government response, but the current numbers don't support any region coming anywhere near 50% of a total country's population. Even 1% would be an extreme amount given the current stats. Be cautious and do your part to protect yourself & those around you and let's keep those numbers low.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Dear Elon Musk

You are good at making electric cars.

You suck at healthcare. So shut the fuck up.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me it's less about preventing getting infected and more about preparing for if I do get infected and trying to keep my family from getting the virus since one has diabetes, another had COPD, and another has asthma.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Im tired of these "he's partial right responses". He's not. He's dead fucking wrong and we need to shut down ignorant comments such as his

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
The hell people are STILL stanning for this fool after a comment like this? It's a goddamn crisis, he should be helping instead of posting bullshit like this with the following he has. But no, people are like "well, he has some good ideas...", the hell? Everybody has good ideas, it's just to bad this dumbass had the chance to realize them.

Id rather he keep developing solar tech and evs than worry about coronavirus because as far as I can tell he knows nothing about medicine and he is the one of the only ones shifting public opinion about evs and solar.

That said he should keep his mouth shut about things he doesnt understand, obviously, but unfortunately I think he thinks he understands everything even if he doesn't.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
He just wants his workers to keep working until they die. He doesn't care about anything but that. He knows his business will be impacted, but realistically if things get bad he can just forget about running his business as usual.

And it's not at all comparable, because dying from a car crash doesn't kill 2 other people you know, recursively.

The only thing he's a little right in that is 'panic is dumb'. People need to plan rationally, and now the only reason people need to run on grocers is because of the panic.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
By his stupid logic why worry about car crashes when heart disease kills more people? Might as well do away with seat belts, air bags and safety features as caring about car safety is "dumb" when heart disease exists.

Fuck all of these people who have underplayed the significance of COVID from the start and therefore enabled stupid behavior which contributed to the spread. "bUt ThE fLu KiLlS mOrE PeOplE"

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm definitely not buying a Tesla now.

In all seriousness, he can go fuck himself. Maybe he should launch himself towards Mars and never return, with opinions like that.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I cant believe this fucking piece of shit still has defenders. People are dying so all his defenders can go to hell as well

Oct 25, 2017
He just wants his workers to keep working until they die. He doesn't care about anything but that. He knows his business will be impacted, but realistically if things get bad he can just forget about running his business as usual.

And it's not at all comparable, because dying from a car crash doesn't kill 2 other people you know, recursively.

The only thing he's a little right in that is 'panic is dumb'. People need to plan rationally, and now the only reason people need to run on grocers is because of the panic.

This is it. He can't stand the idea of anyone stopping work for any reason. Pharaoh needs his pyramid finished.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
I agree cars are way too dangerous and we need more regulations to force them to be safer. And also this virus this is a real threat only stupid people and arch-capitalists want to ignore.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It is fucking dangerous and wrong to say that the only way people are getting infected is by speaking face to face for 15 minutes. What's wrong with you?

You think after 15 minutes the virus can be detected taking its chances and jumping from one body to the next?

It doesn't work like that.

If I go to the store and someone coughs on me, I might get it. It's as easy as that.

And rush hour in the NYC subway makes it unavoidable. Not to mention dangerous - people are packed like sardines - what if someone panics because they are physically stuck and think they are infected?

I'm not panicked. I'm scared and angry that many governments are not making the right calls - we need to adapt and sacrifice some quality of life so that we can all get through this.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am so exhausted by the abject stupidity of people. What the fuck does he think is going to happen to car crash victims when the US Healthcare system collapses under the weight of c19 patients flooding hospitals? How are we collectively as a nation ignoring what is happening in Italy right now? Jesus Christ, Donald Trump is truly representative of so many of us. That's the ugly truth of his Presidency.

Ajax125

Nov 15, 2017
The rich really need to stop downplaying ideas that will barely impact them as much as it will likely impact their employees.

shauntu

Oct 27, 2017
With many things Musk is a really smart guy and is making an impact in this world that is honestly quite amazing, but he is also as dangerous as the Coronavirus. The stupid stuff he says, spreads with a high rate to others around him and from there to even more others, and the stupidity spread leads many others to then act stupidly. Unfortunately, some people who act on that stupidity could cause real damage to themselves and others. Like the coronavirus, some demographics are more susceptible to not only help spread Musk's stupidity but then also act upon it.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I had 1-3% chance of dying every time I got in a car, I wouldn't drive and most people who drive would be dead.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
His companies do amazing work, but he really has a tendency to say some off the wall stuff. It sucks that his companies' agendas & his personal agendas don't seem to mesh. Waiving Supercharger costs right now would be a good move for him to make.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Musk has this thing where he likes to go against conventional wisdom and expert opinion. Sometimes it serves him really well, like when that conventional wisdom was 'you can't reuse the same rocket multiple times' or 'electric cars are not viable'. But sometimes it makes him look really, really dumb.

This is one of those times.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
This Freakonomics shit is so dumb. "It's fine to let a virus spread and lead to the preventable deaths of thousands of elderly people and young people with respiratory health issues, because this other totally unrelated thing that's normalized kills more people."

Facile argument. We still find car wrecks intuitively horrifying, we make the tradeoff in risk because of the overall net good for society, and safety advocacy is a massive part of society's response to the rise of motor vehicles.

In short, libertarians are fucking dummies. They have very little of value to say about human nature, beyond their own child-like personal wants and needs.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Are you a 70 year old? Or a toddler?
If not, then you'll survive shopping each week.

Its not Captain Trips
Christ. Sorry man, but these two posts are really stupid. Really, really stupid. Misinformation and bullshit like this is going to aid the spread of the virus, and even if you get it and aren't in a high-risk group, you might pass it on to someone who is.

Fucking hell.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
This Freakonomics shit is so dumb. "It's fine to let a virus spread and lead to the preventable deaths of thousands of elderly people and young people with respiratory health issues, because this other totally unrelated thing that's normalized kills more people."

Facile argument. We still find car wrecks intuitively horrifying, we make the tradeoff in risk because of the overall net good for society, and safety advocacy is a massive part of society's response to the rise of motor vehicles.

In short, libertarians are fucking dummies. They have very little of value to say about human nature, beyond their own child-like personal wants and needs.
Exactly. Just because x is worse than y doesn't mean we don't have to worry about y.