• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He is an asshole and likely mingles with other assholes. Makes you think what circles these people are in.

Oct 25, 2017
Fair. I just worry this is going to go down a bad road and get very ugly if people don't start separating politics from this virus.

The is keyboard warrior name calling essentially only what some of these posts amount to, just spewing hatred....

This shit is getting gross

The GOP and the White House made it political the moment they tried to throw anything possible at the wall to shield themselves from the consequences of mishandling of the virus, down to actively encouraging and endorsing people to get out there and protest governors for maintaining stay at home measures. The left has nothing to answer for because they weren't the ones who made it a partisan issue, especially when the right have now made it their philosophical mission to call for the US economy to be restarted no matter what, people's safety and lives be damned.

I don't even know what to say about your second and third sentences. You're accusing posters in this thread of spewing hatred towards Elon Musk? Hahahaha. Oh poor Elon. So bullied and misunderstood. Won't someone please think of the poor bullied Elon? Elon would never do anything far more crass and genuinely gross like say, publicly call a diver a paedophile.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
So politicians are adopting Red Pill and trying to normalize a misogynistic hate group now? I'm surprised it took them this long. Musk continues to be awful and now he unabashedly throws his lot in with the Trumps. Just goes to show how garbage a person he is.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
The right wing is just institutionally sanctioned selfishness and absolute use of the available practical powers. People expecting empathy from billionaires need to wake up. If one really cared about others, one wouldn't reach billionaire level, because being a billionaire is a systematic failure, and there's no real argument for you having more than you need when other people need so little to even keep themselves alive. When you're right wing, you say "tough shit" and go on accumulating wealth and power. However then the argument goes as to why do the majority then accepts that reality instead of taking matters into their (more numerous) hands? Why would one accept the (unfair) imbalance of power of such few reduced individuals that cause general harm?

It's on us, really.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok wait I'm beyond confused. Is elon saying that rose twitter (demsoc twitter) IS the red pill, or that they need to take the red pill? Why the fuck do Trump's kids think he's suddenly joined their side?

Macam

Nov 8, 2018
Anyone lionizing Bill Gates post retirement might want to look at how he got all those billions and the practices involved therein.

Yes, his foundation is doing good work on diseases now — but as Jimmy Carter shows, you also don't have to be a raging asshole that sets an industry back decades either to be able to get to that point. Also, as noted, his foundation's other work, notably in education, isn't always the best either. His case is a bit more nuanced.

Musk is just a bullshit marketer and full time troll that likes to play engineer on occasion and knows how to hire well.

Mar 3, 2018
I wonder what Grimes thinks about all of this.

I'll retract my statement and say I was wrong if the times comes, but I see this situation the same with Kim and Kanye

ultimately these rich people are so detached from our reality, that when one of their partners says dumb things they think it's just trolling as it doesn't affect their bubble in any way shape or from. people really need to stop looking up to celebs, SPECIALLY billionaires that look at them as livestock.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just saw this on my feed (from someone condemning it), looks like the masks are finally off so hopefully those who still doubt it can see now.

Just wanted to share the latest thought slime video for those who still believe Musk is some kind of genius instead of the self serving piece of shit he really is.

It's not about being a drop in the bucket it's about principle. He doesn't deserve our attention.
Sorry but it doesn't work this way.

Ideally people who would spread alt right, bigoted shit like this would be deplatformed to minimise the spread but if that isn't possible, the only option left is to call it out plainly for what it is.

Ignoring this shit just allows it to fester and grow in the dark which is even more dangerous long term because it allows movements to get followers and commit to a cause.

Oct 27, 2017
Lily's right, fuck those idiots.

It's disappointing, but not surprising that so many Far Right assholes try to co-opt The Matrix into their lingo. But of course they missed the parts in the film (And films if you enjoy the sequels like myself) where there were a diverse cast of people who all helped and supported Neo on his journey, and the home he's protecting is called Zion.

So yeah, they missed the point.

Someone should tell those idiots that the matrix was directed by two trans women and watch the horror in their face when they realize their favorite thing was made by trans people.

Of course now it's been made to mean something different. I think 'being redpilled' now is code for 'I want a pat on the back for being a bigoted asshole but nobody is telling me "good job!" on my garbage opinions so I'll just pretend I'm the real enlightened one and everyone else is sheep'

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should tell those idiots that the matrix was directed by two trans women and watch the horror in their face when they realize their favorite thing was made by trans people.

Of course now it's been made to mean something different. I think 'being redpilled' now is code for 'I want a pat on the back for being a bigoted asshole but nobody is telling me "good job!" on my garbage opinions so I'll just pretend I'm the real enlightened one and everyone else is sheep'

As I said earlier in the thread I hope the new Matrix film is ultra progressive, and knowing whose making it I wouldn't be surprised if it is, just to see the mountain of salty bull shit from the dudes who worshipped the original but didn't seem to get shit about it aside from people in trench cloaks and leather fighting people in slow mo.

Nov 13, 2017
List of words hijacked by the right that annoy me to no end.

- Cuck
- Woke
- Simp
- Red Pill

Probably more words I've forgot, but these are pretty much the top of the list. Thing is, the red pill and blue pill were amazing concepts in the Matrix and my intepretation was whether you want to address the truth head on, no matter how horrific it is, or choose to live an illusion. It's such a damn shame the right have hijacked it.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
As I said earlier in the thread I hope the new Matrix film is ultra progressive, and knowing whose making it I wouldn't be surprised if it is, just to see the mountain of salty bull shit from the dudes who worshipped the original but didn't seem to get shit about it aside from people in trench cloaks and leather fighting people in slow mo.

It's still weird to me that a alt right latched on to this film so much. The resistance was populated by a lot of people of color, and women. Did they just never notice that? I hope you're right that the new one will just be super progressive in a way that is impossible for people to ignore.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Lilly is a badass and I love her even more if that was possible. I howled while reading this clapback, it's just perfect in every way.
I'm glad she's on Twitter, just like I'm glad she's back to partaking in the creation/writing of shows (Work In Progress is pretty good, bless).

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

rNlILvS.gif

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Man has musk completely shown his ass during the pandemic. Man has become a complete piece of shit. Don't know how anyone can defend him anymore.

And to think I used to admire the guy several years ago. Just another greedy narcissistic billionaire

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
And yet his creepy cult of nerds will keep defending him.

I have realized that just like a bunch of republican voters consider themselves temporarily-embarassed-millionaires, there's a group of internet nerds who consider themselves temporarily-embarrassed-Musks. I can think of no other explanation at this point in 2020.

farmland

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure about now but Tesla has in the past had higher rates of injuries than industry average and busts union organising. He's always been trash, is it any surprise that a capitalist believes in right wing conspiracies as well?

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Where are the Elon Musk fans when we need them? Can they explain how Elon is doing more good for the planet then harm? Seems like hes happy to openly support those (while doing it himself) that are butchering it.