• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
What the hell happened to this guy? He once seemed like a visionary, now he seems to have completely gone off the deep end.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Stigmatizing mental health
What the hell happened to this guy? He once seemed like a visionary, now he seems to have completely gone off the deep end.

Note that I AM NOT DEFENDING HIM, but in trying to determine why he acts like an idiot as such there are several possibilities:

1. He might be trying to bring conservatives into the Tesla market by acting this way, especially with Cybertruck coming out soon.
2. He has spent the past 20 years building up Tesla, that's a lot of work and effort, so yeah from his point of view being forced to shut down would be frustrating.
3. He has actual mental issues despite being overly intelligent.
4. He really is just an arrogant asshole.

Who knows what the actual reason is, none of these excuse behavior like this, but in today's political environment it's almost acceptable, sadly enough.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
If he is really determined to do this he needs to greet everyone who comes in with a firm handshake and spend a day with the workers at the Tesla factory. I mean that would only be logical right?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
He seems it, until you realize that he bought his way into Tesla (including the right to call himself the founder) and his company got taken over by the company that actually made Paypal. So that is already his two biggest things.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Der Spiegel is going with the view that Musk has next to no liquid cash, it's all tied up in shares that he can't sell without losing control of the company. He's scared the value of those shares will drop due to the whole lockdown so he's trying to force the company open to get the stock price up.

www.spiegel.de

Elon Musk verkauft seine Immobilien: Blank oder Wahnsinn?

Tesla-Gründer Elon Musk will sein Werk trotz Behördenverbot wieder hochfahren und sich notfalls "festnehmen lassen". Zudem verkauft er auch seine Immobilien. Ist das wieder nur ein Spleen des Unternehmers, oder braucht er dringend Geld?

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Really used to quite like Elon but boy no way I can look kindly upon him now. Hope he gets arrested. What he deserves for what he is doing endangering his employees.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Der Spiegel is going with the view that Musk has next to no liquid cash, it's all tied up in shares that he can't sell without losing control of the company. He's scared the value of those shares will drop due to the whole lockdown so he's trying to force the company open to get the stock price up.

www.spiegel.de

Tesla-Gründer Elon Musk will sein Werk trotz Behördenverbot wieder hochfahren und sich notfalls "festnehmen lassen". Zudem verkauft er auch seine Immobilien. Ist das wieder nur ein Spleen des Unternehmers, oder braucht er dringend Geld?
Yeah, I think with the diver suit it was revealed he's out of cash. Would make sense he's doing this, but he's still an idiot.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

www.spiegel.de

On the one hand that makes a lot of sense, but on the other Musk deliberately crashed the stock price when he tweeted that it was too high only two weeks ago...

Apr 25, 2020
I loved his little half hearted attempt at appearing noble. "If anyone has to be arrested, pweeeze let it be me". I mean wtf is that even

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand that makes a lot of sense, but on the other Musk deliberately crashed the stock price when he tweeted that it was too high only two weeks ago...
Crash stock price, buy some extra, have stock prices raise. Profit until the SEC is reinstated by Biden.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
He's a billionaire head of a giant company, he knows he's not gonna be arrested. Such a sack of shit.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Note that I AM NOT DEFENDING HIM, but in trying to determine why he acts like an idiot as such there are several possibilities:

1. He might be trying to bring conservatives into the Tesla market by acting this way, especially with Cybertruck coming out soon.
2. He has spent the past 20 years building up Tesla, that's a lot of work and effort, so yeah from his point of view being forced to shut down would be frustrating.
3. He has actual mental issues despite being overly intelligent.
4. He really is just an arrogant asshole.

Who knows what the actual reason is, none of these excuse behavior like this, but in today's political environment it's almost acceptable, sadly enough.
He has actual mental issues? Can you elaborate on this? This is news to me.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
All the people in other threads about Musk that said things like "yeah he's an asshole but people are overblowing things" please kindly go fuck yourself into the sun. People are going to die because of this asshole.

I stand by what I said.

This is a news worthy Elon thread, the name of his son or his partner Grimes are unnecessary threads used for people to vent anger pent up over this guy or other things going on in life.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Fast and Safely is also the poorly received spinoff of the Fast and Furious franchise.

There are currently open factories where worker safety is a top priority and then there are also shit shows like the Tyson plants. I think you need accountability to prevent a repeat of that in the Tesla factory.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
It's listed as one of the possibilities, it's not a statement of fact.

Honestly, that's the only option of those four that could be at all defensible.

Idk, I just get the vibe he's an egomaniacal asshole. Guess that depends on if you want to classify that as a mental illness which I don't think I can in his case.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
To those who have be following closely and actually know the specific details on the situation, what are you thoughts on this perspective?:

There's always some shit going on with Elon so I admittedly haven't follow this issue in detail.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
Musk has always been awful. His behavior towards his Tesla employees is nothing new.

The only thing different is the political climate we are in is one that rewards his behavior, so he feels more free to openly brag about his behavior.

Here's an article from 2010 from his first wife and mother to 6 of his children (one died).

Our culture likes to pretend how public figures behave in their personal life doesn't matter. I disagree, the Musk you see in 2020 has the same behaviors as written about in this 2010 article, just magnified. Which is typically what happens to personality flaws when they go untreated.

He doesn't see other people as actual humans. Other people are to be used as long as they are useful, then discarded.
He thinks everyone around him is less than. He is the supreme being. Other people and their emotions and needs are distasteful to him.
He has an obsession with micromanaging his image to the detriment of those around him.
He has no issue being deceitful and tricking others into bad situations so long as it benefits him.

Every last one of these negative traits are what you see him doing today to his Tesla employees.

At the time, people said his wife knew what she was signing up for, so her complaints are invalid.
Just like how people now say his Tesla employees can quit, so their complaints are invalid.

Here are some quotes:

As we danced at our wedding reception, Elon told me, "I am the alpha in this relationship." I shrugged it off, just as I would later shrug off signing the postnuptial agreement, but as time went on, I learned that he was serious.

--

Elon's judgment overruled mine, and he was constantly remarking on the ways he found me lacking. "I am your wife," I told him repeatedly, "not your employee."

"If you were my employee," he said just as often, "I would fire you."

--

Elon made it clear that he did not want to talk about Nevada's death. I didn't understand this, just as he didn't understand why I grieved openly, which he regarded as "emotionally manipulative."

--

My first thought wasn't, Thank God nobody's hurt. It was, My husband is going to kill me.

--

One month and three sessions later, he gave me an ultimatum: Either we fix this marriage today or I will divorce you tomorrow, by which I understood he meant, Our status quo works for me, so it should work for you. He filed for divorce the next morning. I felt numb, but strangely relieved.

--

Eight years after I signed the postnup, I began to understand just what I'd done. I had effectively signed away all my rights as a married person, including any claim to community property except our house, which was to be vested in my name once we had a child.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Love it when rich people who do nothing all day talk about "an honest days work".

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
He doesn't see other people as actual humans. Other people are to be used as long as they are useful, then discarded.
He thinks everyone around him is less than. He is the supreme being. Other people and their emotions and needs are distasteful to him.
He has an obsession with micromanaging his image to the detriment of those around him.
He has no issue being deceitful and tricking others into bad situations so long as it benefits him.

I had a boss like this. Most everyone hated him and a lot quit. I really feel for his employees. And his ex wife's story, man...

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
The weird flex here is Tesla is a premium brand that people purchase because it signals something about you (I care about the planet and sustainability). This is now destroying that and tying Tesla as a brand to Trumps policies that are extremely unpopular with Tesla's core market.

This is really fucking dumb. If Tesla starts being seen as red-hat adjacent he'll have lost his brand entirely. I mean, the Rs have spent the last forever in oils hip pocket pretending climate change isn't real. They aren't going to line up and buy a cuck-mobile that doesn't run on freedom juice.

The only explanation here is that the company is (once again) cash strapped and has debt obligations coming due.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I stand by what I said.

This is a news worthy Elon thread, the name of his son or his partner Grimes are unnecessary threads used for people to vent anger pent up over this guy or other things going on in life.

You're more clearly bothered by my post than what Elon is doing which is frankly pathetic. Seriously you whine about other people's priorities and thread creation and you don't even think/empathize with the people suffering because of his actions. Clearly it's more important that threads meet your approval, despite I see neither a moderator nor an admin tag next to your name, than to blast Musk for being an abject asshole WHEN HE CLEARLY IS AND YET THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT DEFEND HIM ON THIS SITE.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
seriously question is there not a safe way to open up a assembly line for cars? From what i've seen of Tesla's and other car manufacturing lines the cars are the ones that move down the line, the humans typically stay in one place and are fairly spread out.

This is really fucking dumb. If Tesla starts being seen as red-hat adjacent he'll have lost his brand entirely. I mean, the Rs have spent the last forever in oils hip pocket pretending climate change isn't real. They aren't going to line up and buy a cuck-mobile that doesn't run on freedom juice.
this isn't true. I know of several hardcore MAGAs that not only own solar panels, but own teslas. To them its a cost savings measure and couldn't give a shit about the greenness of it. There's also several members of the houston tesla facebook group that literally work for oil companies but own teslas.
not everything is cut and dry and most people don't care about a brands image if they're saving money. See also: Amazon.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
You're more clearly bothered by my post than what Elon is doing which is frankly pathetic. Seriously you whine about other people's priorities and thread creation and you don't even think/empathize with the people suffering because of his actions. Clearly it's more important that threads meet your approval, despite I see neither a moderator nor an admin tag next to your name, than to blast Musk for being an abject asshole WHEN HE CLEARLY IS AND YET THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT DEFEND HIM ON THIS SITE.

This is some grade a gaslighting.

Nice work.

The true marks of an empath you are.

I'll just keep to myself then.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
The weird flex here is Tesla is a premium brand that people purchase because it signals something about you (I care about the planet and sustainability). This is now destroying that and tying Tesla as a brand to Trumps policies that are extremely unpopular with Tesla's core market.

I don't see that happening. Tesla products are so good they sell themselves, Tesla doesn't even bother to advertise at all. People will keep buying Tesla's and not care one bit about the politics of it nor Elon's crazy antics.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
seriously question is there not a safe way to open up a assembly line for cars? From what i've seen of Tesla's and other car manufacturing lines the cars are the ones that move down the line, the humans typically stay in one place and are fairly spread out
That's a lot of factories, the problem is that people don't just appear in place and then poof out when the day is over. Factories and warehouses have a lot of movement during breaks and lunch, people going to the bathroom, having to speak to others on what you're working on, and clocking in and out for the day is a complete mish mash of people. So while you're working, you may stay in one spot for a while doing your thing, but then you've got people moving past you to head somewhere else, lots of people taking lunch together in the same breakroom, people coming in and out of the building at the same times - that's where most of the danger is coming from assuming people are already working several feet apart on the assembly lines.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Musk has always been awful. His behavior towards his Tesla employees is nothing new.

The only thing different is the political climate we are in is one that rewards his behavior, so he feels more free to openly brag about his behavior.

Here's an article from 2010 from his first wife and mother to 6 of his children (one died).

Our culture likes to pretend how public figures behave in their personal life doesn't matter. I disagree, the Musk you see in 2020 has the same behaviors as written about in this 2010 article, just magnified. Which is typically what happens to personality flaws when they go untreated.

Every last one of these negative traits are what you see him doing today to his Tesla employees.

At the time, people said his wife knew what she was signing up for, so her complaints are invalid.
Just like how people now say his Tesla employees can quit, so their complaints are invalid.

Here are some quotes:
America is a fantastic breeding ground for successful narcissist...

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
This is some grade a gaslighting.

Nice work.

The true marks of an empath you are.

I'll just keep to myself then.

Your vacillations are quite irritating. It's like devil advocacy taken to its ultimate conclusion. If you feel unduly attacked, just imagine the choice these workers have, between their health and losing their jobs. You aren't a victim either way.

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
I don't know how much you guys know about Tesla culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017

www.spiegel.de

If he wants to keep the stock price up maybe he should stop tweeting about how it's too high.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Your vacillations are quite irritating. It's like devil advocacy taken to its ultimate conclusion. If you feel unduly attacked, just imagine the choice these workers have, between their health and losing their jobs. You aren't a victim either way.

I don't feel attacked and I am not a victim. Misunderstandings are normal and I don't cosign this behavior or plan of action by Elon at all.

I just don't think negativity towards Elon should be redirected to other users on here.

Feel free to continue your projecting.

I'm good.