• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of that quote from an LBJ biographer, sorry too lazy to look up his name, that power doesn't corrupt it reveals. Right now it is revealing that Musk is a giant piece of shit and people who go to bat for him are fucking clowns. Like most billionaires, this man will throw you to the wolves if it helped him meet his goals. Billionaires are not heroes or role models but signs that the system is rigged.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Boy, it kinda sounds like someone who has no idea how to build a properly functioning company, doesn't it? Are we still so far down the capitalist rabbit hole that insane work schedules are looked at as something other than a complete logistics failure?
Ryno feels about Musk the way hellfire and brimstone preachers feel about Jesus. You'll never convince him that Musk isn't the greatest human that has ever lived.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
Dude you can literally just go to the fucking hospitals and see what's happening but you won't because you're a fucking coward only interested in dragging back your workforce.

Hospitals in California are probably half empty/full. I know here in Missouri it's the same but that's because all elective procedures are cancelled (which is broader then many would care to know). My wife does a lot of elective procedures and they don't have work for her at the hospital so her hours have been cut 20%.

Elon is an idiot because hospitals did this to prevent hospital capacity from being exceeded.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Eat shit musk. I hope none of the local leaders, city, state cave or give in. Let him cry about it like a fucking manchild on Twitter all he wants.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
I hope Tesla finds a way to boot him, because I was planning on buying a Model Y later this year and I don't think I can while he's still running Tesla.

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hospitals in California are probably half empty/full. I know here in Missouri it's the same but that's because all elective procedures are cancelled (which is broader then many would care to know). My wife does a lot of elective procedures and they don't have work for her at the hospital so her hours have been cut 20%.

Elon is an idiot because hospitals did this to prevent hospital capacity from being exceeded.
Then he should go visit some nursing homes or jails if he wants to be a hero.

Oct 26, 2017
They are objectively not shitty cars compared to others by nearly every metric. And there are a lot of talented and non-problematic engineers that work at Tesla not named Elon Musk. Stop it.

Tesla cars may put up objectively better numbers in mileage and cost per whatever.

Whether or not that makes the cars shitty is entirely subjective.

Going strictly by the definition of those terms.

🧐

Oct 27, 2017
Y2K was only a big nothing because for months leading up to it legions of software developers worked ridiculously hard to make sure that nothing happened. It was only because they were successful that all the media hype around Y2K seemed like a massive overreaction.

Similarly, if all of our efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19 are successful those efforts will seem to some as a massive overreaction because we successfully prevented the virus from personally affecting them.
It's always like this. People work hard to avert disaster and when disaster doesn't happen idiots think it's not because of the hard work, but because the threat was overblown.

Feb 24, 2020
I am an Indian (consider myself to be in petty - bourgeoisie class). My perspective is similar to Elon.
These outbreaks will beome more common in future. We cant keep doing this. We had Avian, then Swine, now it is Corona.
Either change the way we live or do work. or give us back our fundamental rights.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I am an Indian (consider myself to be in petty - bourgeoisie class). My perspective is similar to Elon.
These outbreaks will beome more common in future. We cant keep doing this. We had Avian, then Swine, now it is Corona.
Either change the way we live or do work. or give us back our fundamental rights.
You agree to die alone at home and not burden the hospitals?

Oct 25, 2017

Ah yes, the fundamental right to spread disease and kill people.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the elderly and immuno compromised around you appreciate your willingness to sacrifice them in the name of GDP.

Feb 24, 2020
Joni BlastProcessing kmfdmpig
The narrative shouldn't be about the necessity of lockdown alone. The narrative should be about the healthcare system. US has such a big un-insured or under-insured population. Indian healthcare system is in-sufficient.
If governement locks me down in my house, it should plead for its innocence, explain its failure to secure my rights. Otherwise it does look like a fascist behemoth. Government is always secondary to fundamental rights. I am happy that US people take their fundamental rights seriously.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Opinions are great and I respect yours.

Okay, when you find me a
Tesla cars may put up objectively better numbers in mileage and cost per whatever.

Whether or not that makes the cars shitty is entirely subjective.

Going strictly by the definition of those terms.

🧐

The cars have been benchmarked to death by most major car publications and the consensus is that they are either competitive or lead the pack in all common driving metrics (Yes, the build quality is questionable on a lot of the parts). If you want to call them shitty to be a contrarian, that's fine.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The narrative shouldn't be about the necessity of lockdown alone. The narrative should be about the healthcare system. US has such a big un-insured or under-insured population. Indian healthcare system is in-sufficient.
And Europe has plenty of health insurance and amazing healthcare systems. Guess what, they still stumbled. You know Northern Italy's healthcare is considered top of the world. It couldn't handle the pressure. That is why the narrative is about the necessity of the lockdown at the moment.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If governement locks me down in my house, it should plead for its innocence, explain its failure to secure my rights. Otherwise it does look like a fascist behemoth. Government is always secondary to fundamental rights. I am happy that US people take their fundamental rights seriously.

I know you are just a troll but you only care about your fundamental right to do one thing (leave your house) you don't care about anyone else's right to have their health looked after. You put the right to leave your house above the right of others to live. Disgusting person.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
All these alt accounts are coming out to explain to us our right to die making rich people more money but what about my right to not read their lazy terrible posts?

Oct 25, 2017

The narrative is about a lot of things. Even with a stellar, best it could possibly be healthcare system, some level of social distancing would still be necessary to deal with a novel virus like this. Restrictions would still have to be placed on people. No offense, but I find that the people who talk about "fundamental rights" the most, tend to understand them the least.

What is happening right now in America is absolutely legal, and absolutely constitutional under the 10th amendment. It's very clear, legally speaking, and is backed up by centuries of precedent. It's not fascist. The first step to taking fundamental rights seriously, is to crack a book and understand them.

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, when you find me a

The cars have been benchmarked to death by most major car publications and the consensus is that they are either competitive or lead the pack in all common driving metrics (Yes, the build quality is questionable on a lot of the parts). If you want to call them shitty to be a contrarian, that's fine.

I don't give a shit about the cars. I just can't stand when people use the term "objectively" wrong.🧐

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of course no one is happy about things. Nor are people outside of perhaps South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, Germany and a very few other countries saying "my government did some great work with this", but going out isn't a solution. We know that one sick person typically infects 2.5 others or so. You have the right to put yourself at risk but not the right to put others at risk. If you think that governments taking reasonable steps to protect their populace is "fascist" I don't know what to tell you. Go live in your libertarian utopia.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017

The fundamental right to health takes precedence over the non-fundamental right of a rich person to make more money.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
gotta love all these people screaming about fascism after the YEARS of authoritarian moves by the pumpkin-in-chief, including putting minorities in cages and stacking the courts with his toadies.

but no, it's the "shelter in place" orders that are fascist.

Feb 24, 2020
I know you are just a troll but you only care about your fundamental right to do one thing (leave your house) you don't care about anyone else's right to have their health looked after. You put the right to leave your house above the right of others to live. Disgusting person.
Nope i am not. I can elucidate my opinion with supporting facts and subjective criticism. I am not saying there are alternatives, i am not saying lockdown was un-necessary. This is political engineering to drive our points.
Last time we were complacent, our government amended the constitution and removed right to property.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
A rocket scientist that cannot critically think is still an idiot.
He can think critically. Let's not pretend this is some element of madness or idiocy: he's just willing to put lives of others at risk for sake of his business and his own goals.

Which is worse so let's call him out for that. He's playing the Troll here purely because it suits him; this is calculated and is about his factories and facilities getting operational again.

Christ even Zukerberg who seems lacking in empathy is saying stay hunkered down.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nope i am not. I can elucidate my opinion with supporting facts and subjective criticism. I am not saying there are alternatives, i am not saying lockdown was un-necessary. This is political engineering to drive our points.
Last time we were complacent, our government amended the constitution and removed right to property.
That's quite different from how you worded it earlier:

I suspect we'll see more telecommuting when COVID is finished. With that said, you can't restructure society significantly in a matter of days or weeks which is why lockdown was necessary. If not wanting to see my family members, neighbors or coworkers die to a massive pandemic = I'm a "fascist" then:
1) I'll be a fascist
2) The word no longer has any meaning other than "government does things I don't like."

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
001.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Why are you posting on your alt-account?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere and I just missed it, but besides the normal financial considerations he has for getting his business running again, he unlocks more options if the market capitalization is above 100 billion for six straight months:

www.businessinsider.com

Elon Musk's $750 million Tesla payday could be threatened by the coronavirus shutdown he slammed as 'fascist'

While Musk is worth about $40 billion, his income includes relatively little cash, as much of his wealth is tied up in Tesla and SpaceX stock.

Feb 24, 2020
User Banned (permanent): troll account
KoopaTheCasual I am new here.
Also, right now Indian weather is very hot (40-46 C or 104-116F). Indian covid-19 cases is unusually low for such a crowded country. Despite every expert insisting there might be link between high temp and covid-19 spread, Indian government has done no testing or research.
We are used to very high temperatures ( the reason why we have darker skin ), (any) flu is never a huge issue in India.
I would say Herd Immunity is a better idea than Herd mentality !

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Elon Musk is a billionaire and, as such, his only concern is making more money.

He'll be very safe, because he can afford to not be in contact with people.

So, you know, time to stop billionaires from being a thing.

Oct 27, 2017
KoopaTheCasual I am new here.
Also, right now Indian weather is very hot (40-46 C or 104-116F). Indian covid-19 cases is unusually low for such a crowded country. Despite every expert insisting there might be link between high temp and covid-19 spread, Indian government has done no testing or research.
We are used to very high temperatures ( the reason why we have darker skin ), (any) flu is never a huge issue in India.
I would say Herd Immunity is a better idea than Herd mentality !

And how many die before you get to herd immunity in a country with such a high population?

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
I know this is lazy af but I've had a busy day and can't be arsed to read every page so If somebody could hook me up?

1.) Have the Musk stans rolled up?

2.) Are shelter in place orders stopping the creation of electrical vehicles, space internets and FREEDOM?

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
as a prole, fuck off. i'm not dying for some rich twat.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Musk is such a fucking clown. I'd be so livid if the CEO of my company ran this kinda bullshit on a critical earnings call, putting on this narcissistic sideshow while laying off thousands of your workers. Just a staggering disconnect from reality.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I know this is lazy af but I've had a busy day and can't be arsed to read every page so If somebody could hook me up?

1.) Have the Musk stans rolled up?

2.) Are shelter in place orders stopping the creation of electrical vehicles, space internets and FREEDOM?
very few muskys today, hmmm, weird

and yes, can't really make electric cars from home