• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He just can't stop as he came back for seconds during Tesla's earnings call today

Article
Elon Musk called the shelter-in-place orders in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the US "fascist" actions that are stripping people of their freedom on a Tesla earnings call on Wednesday. Musk's comments come after a torrent of criticism for remarks he made late Tuesday night on Twitter, in which the billionaire CEO echoed President Trump by writing in all caps, "Free America Now."

The rant began after Musk said, "We are a bit worried about not being able to resume production in the Bay Area, and that should be identified as a serious risk." Six Bay Area counties jointly extended the shelter-in-place orders affecting San Francisco, Fremont, and other cities through May 31st, with only some minor relaxing of restrictions.

"The expansion of shelter-in-place, or as we call it, forcibly imprisoning people in their homes, against all their constitutional rights, is, in my opinion, breaking people's freedoms in ways that are horrible and wrong, and not why people came to America and built this country," Musk said. "What the fuck!"

"If somebody wants to stay in the house that's great," Musk continued. "They should be allowed to stay in the house and they should not be compelled to leave. But to say that they cannot leave their house and they will be arrested if they do... this is fascist. This is not democratic. This is not freedom. Give people back their goddamn freedom."

Eat the Rich

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
The founding fathers were known experts on infectious diseases, they definitely had that in mind when they wrote the constitution.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This little fuck grew up in South Africa during Apartheid right? So the how the FUCK can this little piece of excrement at all compare quarantine people to save their lives over actual fascist shit he witnessed firsthand?

I can't wait for the Musk stans here to defend him.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Whiny baby, lashing out as his Tesla identity being temporarily paused. He was asked to manufacture respirators and he failed there. Now hes calling to endanger people. What a shit

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every Big news source is running with this headline, this is fucking awful as these dumb fucks now have their leader to follow

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
And yet somehow Tesla stock keeps rising.

I really hate the free market...

That's because electric vehicles are the future, regardless of whether Elon is involved with them or not. The writing is on the wall for the industrial combustion engine. Even if Tesla were to go down, another company with a (hopefully) less publicly idiotic CEO would fill the void.

Nonetheless, its exremely unfortunate that both the most successful mass-produced electric cars to date, and NASA''s Space Shuttle replacement, are tied to this fucking asshat. The public shareholders need to get rid of him already, if they don't want the brandsto be forever tied to Elon's perpetual stupidity.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol these dipshits are so fucking dramatic with it too. "But our American freeeeedoom! " *bald eagle cries in background*

Gosh, if only they channeled as much raw passion and emotion towards things that are actually important right now, like the pandemic itself or climate change.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This little fuck grew up in South Africa during Apartheid right? So the how the FUCK can this little piece of excrement at all compare quarantine people to save their lives over actual fascist shit he witnessed firsthand?

I can't wait for the Musk stans here to defend him.
They won't if the last thread is anything to go by. Instead, they'll pick the people that post the most extreme things about Musk and respond to them instead, never actually responding with their own thoughts on what Musk said here.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
That's because electric vehicles are the future, regardless of whether Elon is involved with them or not. The writing is on the wall for the industrial combustion engine. Even if Tesla were to go down, another company with a (hopefully) less publicly idiotic CEO would fill the void.

It'll probably be Volkswagen considering how they currently have the largest portfolio of EVs right now, from VW, Porsche, and Audi.

** excluding Chinese EV companies, but I have little to no information on them.

Oct 25, 2017
Now we can all sit back and wait for the inevitable triple down, followed by a series of sarcastic and dismissive walkbacks.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I''m out...

Tesla has done more to advance cars into the already artificially dellayed electric future than anyone else, but he's just not a great person. It's non stop drama and calamity and it's all self inflicted. His staff suffer, sttock suffers, and the glowing impression people have of the technology suffers (however incrementally) and yet all he has to do is button his lip, and he can't.

I hope they have a new CEO by the time I'm in the market for a new car. I'd love to get a refreshed and significantly updated Model S - or an AWD Wagon version or a model x that didn't look like a Model 3 going into anaphylactic shock. Actually my DREAM Tesla would be an AWD camper in the mold of the Airstream Mercedes. The electric platform could create radically new space saving solutions - not just drivetrain and engine space savings, but systems for reconfiguring spaces, hanging cabinets, murphy beds, ovens, etc etc. Almost every non window surface could be solar paneled.

And I absolutely will not buy one while he's CEO. Unless I do. Like, if I really want one. In which case I will forcefully complain about his Twitter habits.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Hoping this thread won't get replies so they can stop seeing it.

Ryno23, where you at?

??? I was summoned here for? There's nothing to defend he's making stupid unhelpful comments and acting like an idiot.

It's possible to be a fan of Michael Jordan the basketball player and at the same time realize he's an asshole.

Likewise It's possible to be a fan of Elon Musk the engineer, and visionary and be a fan of Tesla/SpaceX and at the same time realize he's an asshole that at times says stupid things. The world isn't black/white people there's nuance

Oct 25, 2017
A person with this level of regard for public safety is in charge of one of the largest self driving car programs in the world.

Doesn't really engender confidence in something people need to trust their lives in.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
And I''m out...

Tesla has done more to advance cars into the already artificially dellayed electric future than anyone else, but he's just not a great person. It's non stop drama and calamity and it's all self inflicted. His staff suffer, sttock suffers, and the glowing impression people have of the technology suffers (however incrementally) and yet all he has to do is button his lip, and he can't.

I hope they have a new CEO by the time I'm in the market for a new car. I'd love to get a refreshed and significantly updated Model S - or an AWD Wagon version or a model x that didn't look like a Model 3 going into anaphylactic shock. Actually my DREAM Tesla would be an AWD camper in the mold of the Airstream Mercedes. The electric platform could create radically new space saving solutions - not just drivetrain and engine space savings, but systems for reconfiguring spaces, hanging cabinets, murphy beds, ovens, etc etc. Almost every non window surface could be solar paneled.

And I absolutely will not buy one while he's CEO. Unless I do. Like, if I really want one. In which case I will forcefully complain about his Twitter habits.

Yeah, I'm planning on my next vehicle being electric if possible, and Tesla is off the table. Not while this fucking asshole is in charge.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how much this dumbshit is doing to convince me to buy any other brand of electric car on the market

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Who is being arrested for leaving their house? No one. Where does Musk get his facts? Facts from his ass.

Oct 25, 2017
??? I was summoned here for? There's nothing to defend he's making stupid unhelpful comments and acting like an idiot.

It's possible to be a fan of Michael Jordan the basketball player and at the same time realize he's an asshole.

Likewise It's possible to be a fan of Elon Musk the engineer, and visionary and be a fan of Tesla/SpaceX and at the same time realize he's an asshole that at times says stupid things. The world isn't black/white people there's nuance

I don't remember that time that MJ ran a massive company and was responsible for the safety of hundreds of factory workers or when he developed cars with self-driving capabilities that directly impact public safety. Musk's job constantly calls for him to weight safety against his his companies finencheal considerations and ultimately, his own pocketbook.

These "unhelpful comments" give us a direct look at how Musk views balancing money vs safety. These statements are engineering statements; they are product statements.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He should hurry up and fuck off to Mars. Would appreciate it if he takes along all the rich assholes with him too, and leave Earth in better hands.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FMCmO16.gif

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So when people say that they have double standards, well pretty much true.

Elon the chosen one, all the nerds, green energy Advocates, tech people that have been with him since day one because they thought he was a badass even with all his cringe.

All the money in the world can't cover how awful you really are, nope.