• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, guy is literally donating to planting trees and ERA wants to spin that as bad

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
1 million trees: We were planted by a fucking idiot!

The guy is donating a million to plant trees. Let's dunk on him!

We literally had a thread trying to do the same thing

No yeah, it's great. But he probably shouldn't have lied about being broke though due to calling someone a pedophile.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
"Although Musk, 48, has a $23.6-billion personal fortune that ranks him No. 38 on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, he's relatively cash poor. Much of his wealth is from his stake in rocket company Space Exploration Technologies Corp., and he has said he has no plans to sell any shares."

1M is probably nothing to him, and "relatively" cash poor in regards to 23.6billion is probably still millions

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, guy is literally donating to planting trees and ERA wants to spin that as bad
I keep noticing that repeatedly with quite a few users here. The dudes out there helping the planet yet some folk are just going to bash him for it. Yes he makes some dumb comments, but he's not some super villain like he's made out to be. Nor is he perfect either.

*sips tea*
I guess I'm gonna go drive around in my Tesla now.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
EIE7WsTU4AAdbL4

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he is cash poor. Maybe he has like fifty houses but he had to sell one to plant these trees.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. He probably has most of his cash in a none liquid state. Pretty normal for these guys. They don't have billions sitting in a bank.

the money is probably part of a charity org. So it's different. But he should pay that dude off already.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Mmm, I love disingenuous takes where people claim that others are objecting to him planting trees, instead of what they're really pointing out is that he just donated 1 million after claiming he was cash poor.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I ever find myself on TV and call someone a pedo guy, I promise not to lie about my finances when I am taken to court

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The guy is donating a million to plant trees. Let's dunk on him!

We literally had a thread trying to do the same thing
I keep noticing that repeatedly with quite a few users here. The dudes out there helping the planet yet some folk are just going to bash him for it. Yes he makes some dumb comments, but he's not some super villain like he's made out to be. Nor is he perfect either.

*sips tea*
I guess I'm gonna go drive around in my Tesla now.

You do realise that he isn't doing it because he believe in the cause but because it's good press? If Elon actually cared about the enviroment and planting trees...then he would have already been doing it without being prompted.

Plus people issue is with the fact that Elon is seemed to be lying about his finance and yet seems to have the cash to spend $1 million like it's nothing.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How is he going to end up paying for his lawyer fees + settlement once the court laughs him out for tripling down on calling someone a pedophile on the internet because he was mad?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
You do realise that he isn't doing it because he believe in the cause but because it's good press? If Elon actually cared about the enviroment and planting trees...then he would have already been doing it without being prompted.
you really don't think that the founder of Tesla cares about the environment?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
its so easy for billionaires to get good boy points by simply hand picking charities and causes to give to

aww what a nice guy

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Plus people issue is with the fact that Elon is seemed to be lying about his finance and yet seems to have the cash to spend $1 million like it's nothing.
So when I get asked to donate for a charity at work does that negate the fact I did a good deed because I was asked to donate rather than scouring through charities on my own and donating that way???

The finance portion you mention has been addressed at least 5 times already in this thread.

Valkyr Junkie

Oct 27, 2017
A friend of mine works for Tesla and he told me earlier this year that Musk was very cash poor and lived off a line of credit from Deutsche Bank due to not wanting to cash our stock in his companies and lose control.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Thats.. delusional. If he wanted to make money, he wouldnt have gone into the electric car business, nor the aerospace industry. It is pretty well documented that he put almost everything on the line, including most of his personal assets.
Dunno what his motives actually are, but money and the environment certainly aren't the only two possibilities. Considering the cause of the whole pedo business, it's not hard to imagine that he's a gloryhog.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory Community Generalizations; Accumulated Infractions
So he's going to donate a million trees and that's a bad thing on ERA?

This community is almost the definition of 'cut off your nose to spite your face'.

People can't do good and bad things, everything is black or white. Either you're a perfect person or you're The Devil.

Nobody is allowed to be a flawed idiot that might actually not be the definition of evil.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
Dunno what his motives actually are, but money and the environment certainly aren't the only two possibilities. Considering the cause of the whole pedo business, it's not hard to imagine that he's a gloryhog.
That seems very far-fecthed. He took a huge risk going into low margin and (at the time) dead end industries with the hope that he will someday reap some abstract personal glory? I mean there would have been much easier ways to do that, seeing how he was already a billionare because of paypal.

He wants to be Edison or Ford, and was willing to bet the farm for his ego.

Oh and the planet, I am sure he is really fighting for the planet with these trees while trying to GTFO to Mars.

Again, this is far-fetched to the point of absurdity. I get that Era really hate that a person who they dissaprove of could be more useful for humanity than they themselves are, but its simply something that needs to be accepted. Trying to make human life interplanetary doesnt really go against what he is doing here with Tesla, and with this donation.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Thats.. delusional. If he wanted to make money, he wouldnt have gone into the electric car business, nor the aerospace industry. It is pretty well documented that he put almost everything on the line, including most of his personal assets.

He wants to be Edison or Ford, and was willing to bet the farm for his ego.

Oh and the planet, I am sure he is really fighting for the planet with these trees while trying to GTFO to Mars.

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its so easy for billionaires to get good boy points by simply hand picking charities and causes to give to

aww what a nice guy
Yup. What does this billionaire asshole think? We're going to be impressed by vastly pushing forward electric vehicles and planting trees? Why can't he be more like internet poster "Has magic powers" who has contributed infinitely more to humanity?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
That seems very far-fecthed. He took a huge risk going into low margin and (at the time) dead end industries with the hope that he will someday reap some abstract personal glory? I mean there would have been much easier ways to do that, seeing how he was already a billionare because of paypal.
Did he have the same cult of personality around him in the Paypal days that he does now?

Every single thread about the lawsuit that originated from him calling someone a pedophile out of seemingly nothing more wounded pride, there are always a bunch of people who stand for Musk and denigrate the man he called a pedophile, despite Era apparently being a community that cancels every celebrity. Would that phenomenon still happen in the Paypal days and to anywhere near the same degree?