• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
His factories are filled to the brim with safety violations

www.forbes.com

Inside Tesla’s Model 3 Factory, Where Safety Violations Keep Rising

As Tesla announces a more affordable model, its Fremont, California factory workforce had already felt heavy pressure to produce enough cars. And the strains showed: safety regulators have assessed more fines at the plant other large U.S. automotive plants, a Forbes review finds.

Thanks for the link

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
As an owner of Tesla Model 3, Elon is a complete fucksticks. Dude needs to get booted from Twitter.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Elon posting 2b to his twitter is the same as you all posting gifs and images here. Hold yourselves (and this community) to the same expectation or stfu about it.

I mean, pretty much every single fan art thread here has everyone sourcing the art they post, and if they don't they're usually called out for it.

Gifs are an entirely different ballgame when it comes to sourcing, but at this point I figure most people who make them want them to be shared off-the-cuff. I know personally I've made a couple gifs in the past and didn't care one iota that they got shared around. If I wanted credit to go to me, I'd watermark it.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
You guys get worked up way too easily. Watch nothing change from this because it's a complete not an issue. If you expect people - a billionaire or otherwise - to credit the artist when it's a shitpost or something similar (meaning, not taking credit, not an image of your product or something your associated with, just posting to followers) you're expecting way too much from people. I absolutely agree that if he passed it off as his own work then he deserves this outrage; example, "Drew something cute, might delete later". The example of will smith is great because its OF HIM. I would not expect Will Smith to credit something or go out of his way to find the original creator (example: https://www.instagram.com/p/BywarlNhpUz/)

Elon posting 2b to his twitter is the same as you all posting gifs and images here. Hold yourselves (and this community) to the same expectation or stfu about it.

I understand not always knowing or remembering to immediately credit the artist, but telling people off after they request it is a bit bullshit. It's what you expect from children, not a grown "mature" man.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Musk is an asshole for doubling down but people do this shit all the time. But I think it's blowing up because it's a billionaire with millions of followers on Twitter so everything he does will be viewed in a vacuum.

A simple, "@" would've sufficed Elon.

Artist and art communities always react this way no matter what because a lot of internet artist live off their commission work, so if someone is reposting your art without proper credit that hurts your income as potential customers won't know where to find you, and believe me, there is a ton of people who live off internet commissions.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
Why does he have to be a baby about giving credit? You know damn well if someone said "no" to giving him credit he'd go bonkers

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Artist and art communities always react this way no matter what because a lot of internet artist live off their commission work, so if someone is reposting your art without proper credit that hurts your income as potential customers won't know where to find you, and believe me, there is a ton of people who live off internet commissions.

This.

It goes far beyond some "oh everyone posts images without credit", this is a dude with a wide engagement range.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
His factories are filled to the brim with safety violations

www.forbes.com

Inside Tesla’s Model 3 Factory, Where Safety Violations Keep Rising

As Tesla announces a more affordable model, its Fremont, California factory workforce had already felt heavy pressure to produce enough cars. And the strains showed: safety regulators have assessed more fines at the plant other large U.S. automotive plants, a Forbes review finds.
Musk designing Tesla factories around aesthetics instead of safety and practicality is classic Bond Villain 101.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Star Trek Discovery say he was the most important person of the 21st century or some shit? That's gonna be embarrassing as fuck to look back on.

Not that much, because hilariously it retroactively can be seen as a negative

The character that said that line turned out to be an evil bastard from an alternate dimension where humanity became a fascist empire bent on universal domination and the subjugation of all other races. The guy who praised Elon Musk was from evil facist earth. Think about that.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

Yeah he's just an arrogant dickhole. But this kind of thing should happen anytime people do this (assuming the artist is living off commissions). Also how does that work? I guess people will pay to post or use the art? I make art but never considered living off of it.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's just an arrogant dickhole. But this kind of thing should happen anytime people do this (assuming the artist is living off commissions). Also how does that work? I guess people will pay to post or use the art? I make art but never considered living off of it.

Basically, most people operate in one of 2 common methods:

1)direct commission work in which people pay you directly to draw something specific of their desire and the implicit license to that work they paid you to produce.

2)A patreon, where people donate to you for keeping doing your art with some tiers getting a say on what you draw.

People sometimes also do things like YCH (your character here) auctions in which they show a base sketch and it's auctioned to turn the sketch into the winner's character or subject of choice, or adoptables, which basically are the artist excersicing random character design and then selling the rights to the character to whoever wishes to buy them.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unless this artist try to pass as 2B as her own creation the talk about she should credit the original artist of 2B is non-sense. Just my two cents. In fact, she couldn't know who was the original artist, but still recognize 2B (from Nier) was a inspiration to make a tribute.

joeyjoejoe99

Oct 30, 2017
User banned (1 week): trolling, hostility, account in junior phase
Someone posted it earlier in the thread but I feel this image continues to be apt, so once more, with feeling
tumblr_pbx6v7QLdu1xoyw8po1_1280.jpg
I didn't make this subject, the fact that Elon is the face of it is irrelevant. Nice meme tho, what's the source?

joeyjoejoe99

Oct 30, 2017
Unless this artist try to pass as 2B as her own creation the talk about she should credit the original artist of 2B is non-sense. Just my two cents. In fact, she couldn't know who was the original artist, but still recognize 2B (from Nier) was a inspiration to make a tribute.
Nailed it. Artists, you should be watermarking all of your work just like memers do on insta/reddit. Common sense in 2019.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Basically, most people operate in one of 2 common methods:

1)direct commission work in which people pay you directly to draw something specific of their desire and the implicit license to that work they paid you to produce.

2)A patreon, where people donate to you for keeping doing your art with some tiers getting a say on what you draw.

People sometimes also do things like YCH (your character here) auctions in which they show a base sketch and it's auctioned to turn the sketch into the winner's character or subject of choice, or adoptables, which basically are the artist excersicing random character design and then selling the rights to the character to whoever wishes to buy them.

This is really dope.

Thanks for the knowledge.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
It's a shame geniuses are usually assholes. I'm sure geniuses of previous eras were assholes as well.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Musk designing Tesla factories around aesthetics instead of safety and practicality is classic Bond Villain 101.

I saw a tweet the other day to the effect of Musk running Tesla like it's the Gizmonics Institute, and I have 0 doubt that if SpaceX weren't under fairly heavy government regulation they would be trying to set up the Satellite of Love right now

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

I knew it wouldn't last but it still amazes me he acts like the kids I saw on Sonic fan forums back in the day who said they were quitting the internet because someone criticised their OC only to come back 5 days later. If anything, Musk seems to have less integrity.

it does make me realize all some people need to rise to the top is a base level of privilege and to exude confidence though.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Musk is a prick and a textbook example of a guy who is incredibly book smart and dumber than a bag of rocks in every other department.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Honestly I have my qualms at considering him particularly book smart considering how much of his work is just re-inventing the wheel

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I saw a tweet the other day to the effect of Musk running Tesla like it's the Gizmonics Institute, and I have 0 doubt that if SpaceX weren't under fairly heavy government regulation they would be trying to set up the Satellite of Love right now
The only reason no one internally would try to protest the idea is because they don't want Musk to pick them as the test subject.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
You guys get worked up way too easily. Watch nothing change from this because it's a complete not an issue. If you expect people - a billionaire or otherwise - to credit the artist when it's a shitpost or something similar (meaning, not taking credit, not an image of your product or something your associated with, just posting to followers) you're expecting way too much from people. I absolutely agree that if he passed it off as his own work then he deserves this outrage; example, "Drew something cute, might delete later". The example of will smith is great because its OF HIM. I would not expect Will Smith to credit something or go out of his way to find the original creator (example: https://www.instagram.com/p/BywarlNhpUz/)

It's reasonable to be frustrated when someone else takes/spreads your work without any credit to you. It's a sore spot within the artist community in particular because there are so many parasite accounts that deliberately use other people's content as their own.

And given this, when someone noteworthy goes out of their way to petulantly refuse to give any credit and insist that no artists should be credited, people are right to call out that kind of shit-bird. It doesn't help when there are clear parallels to that figure's own parasitic relationship with workers/engineers.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last year he wanted to pay the artist of a unicorn picture he liked in "exposure"... this time, he isn't even willing to "pay" that?