• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't work that way. Numerous have tried, unless you get the mainstream to move with you, it ends up being Truth Social or Gab, in other words, a ghost town. Which is why he didn't buy one of those platforms or start his own.
If Keanu made it, people would follow. Keanu can save us. He only needs to start using the internet.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if this buyout was prompted by some private message warning from Twitter moderator team. "To tone it down or face a ban."

Musk seems to be allergic to regulations or rules. This is evident in how he runs his businesses and how he reacted to COVID restrictions.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't twitters stock like 70 bucks not too long ago? Seems like a dumb offer to take.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
God, I hate rich man children. They answer every moment of embarrassment by fucking things over for the rest of us.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a requirement of reaching a certain level of success that your brain simply gives up the correct definition of "Free Speech" and what it actually refers to?

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
you shouldn't be able to just buy shares in what is essentially the modern day public square IMO. this was always going to happen eventually

hopefully Elon fucks things up as usual and we all move to some other site

This is the root of the problem. It's really weird that our public forum is a publicly traded company.

I wonder if people would move? Or has social media matured as a market making startups incredibly expensive from a user acquisition standpoint?

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
I've always waited for a new platform. Maybe this fucker's move will open the new ways.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
If he does buy Twitter will he make himself
a founder like he had to sue PayPal and Tesla to be considered a founder?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
This is the root of the problem. It's really weird that our public forum is a publicly traded company.

I wonder if people would move? Or has social media matured as a market making startups incredibly expensive from a user acquisition standpoint?

The biggest issue is that "our public square" runs in the red all the damn time. So even a more egalitarian square would have massive financial hurdles to overcome.

redmason81

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2022
Watch him sell his twitter stock in a few hours after this announcement for billons in profit since the news hyped up the stock.

And this is legal somehow? I expect Musk to declare "I am the Senate!" at some point soon.

Imagine being worth $275 billion and still feeling the need to engage in pump and dump schemes.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't pass a background check without concern, so he's trying to literally buy his way around it. Can't figure out his endgame unless he really doesn't like the Epstein posts.

I still think the background check thing is overblown as an explanation. The man is a CEO for a rocketry company that does contracts for the Department of Defense. I'm pretty sure he's gone through a background investigation.

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017
What does he want to do with twitter anyway? Is it political, like does he want to boot one group out, let another in. Or does he just want to toy around, implement musk-bucks every time you get a like?

He probably has no clue why he wants it huh?

clmartin

Banned
Apr 1, 2022
why do I have to go 19 posts deep to find this information. these tweets are dumb does anyone care about individual share price without also mentioning how much everything is going to cost?
The amount per share that existing shareholders are willing to sell for is the entire point.

He's not offering to hand over $43B to Mr Twitter. The money goes to shareholders on a per share basis.

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
Now I want to see Elon turn Twitter turn in to truth social and have something else take its place.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
I really don't believe it but..
is it true that he is doing all this because a kid is tracking his Jet flights and posting it on twitter?

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
What does he want to do with twitter anyway? Is it political, like does he want to boot one group out, let another in. Or does he just want to toy around, implement musk-bucks every time you get a like?

In all likelihood, he's just trying to inflate the value of his stock as a "pump and dump" scheme.

If he's actually wants it, it's just because he's absolutely in love with being an internet shitlord and wants unfettered freedom to continue.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
He so desperately wants to not only be able to say and do whatever he wants with zero repercussion, but also be the sole guy who decides what others can say or do on the platform. He wants himself and all the other right wing trolls to be able to say wherever they please.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea Twitter's market cap was so low (relatively speaking). I find it so much more prevalent than FB. Besides consumer users, it's basically the defacto PR announcement platform for everything and the source of so much breaking news.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Someone throw the pedo out from the airlock without a spacesuit.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The cult of Musk on Twitter whenever there's any articles criticizing him is crazy. He's got a cult like following that might be stronger than Trump's. Trump has *more* cult followers, but Musks are equally nuts. When stories came out about how he didn't disclose his purchases when he owned 5% and that he could be sued for it, the attacks against the NPR journalists who were reporting the story were nuts.

That "Weird nerds" Apu taking the bullet meme are just so apt.

Watch him sell his twitter stock in a few hours after this announcement for billons in profit since the news hyped up the stock.

Wouldn't surprise me.

I have a small amount of twitter stock that I overpaid for and I'm eager to dump off, so if this spikes up prices I'M OUT

astro

Oct 25, 2017

Protect "Free Speech".

Translated: let people say whatever they want free from consequences.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the best case scenario is that it's just a blatant pump and dump where he'll pocket untold millions in profit with almost no effort.