• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I mean, it's really not that hard to understand why Elon Musk attracted a lot of supporters amongst communities like this one. He was a socially awkward nerd willing to spend a lot of his money on futuristic shit. And he accomplished a lot with the money he spent.

I think most reasonable people can see that the guy has done some good while also not being perfect in other respects.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
What a piece of shit.
Three headlines that tell you everything you need to know about this asshole:
3/06: The coronavirus panic is dumb (Musk's Tweet).
3/17: Tesla factory is still open for business as Musk tells employees 'I will personally be at work'
3/26: Tesla email reveals two employees have tested positive for COVID-19

It's honestly shocking that this piece of shit has fans still. You can love Tesla cars and admire SpaceX landing booster vehicles without supporting Musk as a person. Only such an arrogant asshole would keep spewing nonsense after being wrong so god damn many times.
Yep. It's fine to be glad that his engineering projects are advancing science, but that technological progress is not much without societal progress necessary for it to actually benefit all people.

Musk's brand of anti-intellectualism here does nothing but make people distrust and fear facts and science (medical or otherwise); a gross regressive social ideal that singularly stunts and reverses social & scientific progress inherently while promoting financial inequality that makes it so that less and less people have access to any beneficial technology that happens to still be made.

Sure he's an innovator but his behavior outside of the lab and in the real world actively enforces a situation where those innovations are out of reach and disincentivized or suppressed in society.

Becoming a doctor or engineer or researcher and helping to advance science loses value in a world where people are encouraged not to listen to doctors, ignore or manipulate science for the sake of profit, and where professionals with the knowledge, insight and facts are demonized to the point of violence when the theocratic, populist leader tells his worshipers that he has all the answers and all the pros are lying.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
was he thinking well when he called a rescue worker a pedophile for dismissing his dumbass idea for a child-size submarine and accidentally incited an SEC investigation against himself by trying to make a 420 joke on twitter

i literally can't think of a thing the man has done that seems intelligent. tesla succeeds in spite of him, and even then just barely

Also worth noting, Tesla wasn't even his company. The company was started by someone else, the most useful bit of engineering from Tesla was developed before Musk entered the picture, then he came in and bought the original founder out and has tried to mostly wipe that history away, down to paying the original founder to allow Musk to call himself a founder.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
f8Y6Xng_d.jpg

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's pedo Musk again. Like always, ignore that motherfucker.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
he's a fucking privileged entitled piece of shit. he may be intelligent but that doesn't make him worthy of anyone's respect

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
You ever wake up in the middle of the night and had to pee really bad? So you give it your all right into the toilet? That's how I feel like pissing into this dick lord's mouth.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I like billionaires. I hope to be one someday. Let us elect politishuns who will give them powers. Maybe they will help us.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Is Spike still a thing in America? Because I would really want to see his head on there so he can make a valuable point for once.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
You don't get it guys he is saving humanity trough his luxury car business or his tunnels where you use your car so you don't interact with the poors.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Hated him since that pedo thing, sold all my shares at the time and missed the run up afterwards.
And I've been proven right, as I have been with Bernie. If you can't acknowledge he's trash tier now - I don't know what else to say. Enjoy your Tesla car.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's really not that hard to understand why Elon Musk attracted a lot of supporters amongst communities like this one. He was a socially awkward nerd willing to spend a lot of his money on futuristic shit. And he accomplished a lot with the money he spent.

I think most reasonable people can see that the guy has done some good while also not being perfect in other respects.

"Some good"? He has made slightly different cars and is working to privatize space travel so he can create a monopoly on communications satellites. That's a pretty small sliver of good.

Nov 27, 2017
California
The man sold flamethrowers so yeah, he doesn't give a shit about the planet or the common people
Personally I think he is plotting an Elysium type getaway cause this planet is doomed

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I don't even think he believes that shit himself. He's just panicking because this quarter is going to be a loss if they don't open up the factory. People are literally dying in the streets and he's more worried about his bottom line.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being so rich that stay at home is basically a kind of weightless paradise of whatever you want. A huge swimming pool, tennis courts, servants, a private jet that makes a mockery of the restrictions other people are stuck with. And you're still this guy.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
"Some good"? He has made slightly different cars and is working to privatize space travel so he can create a monopoly on communications satellites. That's a pretty small sliver of good.

You are being very disingenuous when you refer to SpaceX as an effort to "privatize space travel so he can create a monopoly on communications satellites". That's not really their main objective. And even setting that aside, the creation of reusable rockets is still an impressive innovation that will open up all sorts of opportunities and advancements in space travel.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i go back and forth on musk but this is the point of no return, what a complete idiot.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
I want Tesla and SpaceX to succeed, but I also want Elon to shut the fuck up about anything not regarding cars, satellites, or spaceships.

FIE

Banned
Feb 16, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Downplaying the severity of a pandemic, concern trolling, account in junior phase
I like how you all dehumanize anyone you disagree with.

It's a great tactic.

TRASH HUMAN BEING
TURD
POS

I think the economy needs to reopen. And people need to find ways to work and make money while washing hands and wearing masks and being tested.

Pretty simple. This pandemic is dumb. It should have taken a week to roll out tests and masks. But this is America. We elect poor leaders who don't have any strategic bones in their bodies.

Then you all dehumanize anyone who you disagree with. Like the dude is legitimately weird but brilliant. He is a human who fucks up and has poor hottakes. Just like I see almost all of you have.

Oct 25, 2017
You are being very disingenuous when you refer to SpaceX as an effort to "privatize space travel so he can create a monopoly on communications satellites". That's not really their main objective. And even setting that aside, the creation of reusable rockets is still an impressive innovation that will open up all sorts of opportunities and advancements in space travel.

It's just the thing that is visibly happening, is all. A massive companies main objective tends to shift to where the profits are, no matter what their PR statements say. Shifting to a privatized system doesn't open up opportunities, it closes them off to anything that doesn't have a clear profit motive. The opportunity here is solely for Mr. Musk and his investor's wallets.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how you all dehumanize anyone you disagree with.

It's a great tactic.

TRASH HUMAN BEING
TURD
POS

I think the economy needs to reopen. And people need to find ways to work and make money while washing hands and wearing masks and being tested.

Pretty simple. This pandemic is dumb. It should have taken a week to roll out tests and masks. But this is America. We elect poor leaders who don't have any strategic bones in their bodies.

Then you all dehumanize anyone who you disagree with. Like the dude is legitimately weird but brilliant. He is a human who fucks up and has poor hottakes. Just like I see almost all of you have.

He's pretty trash, regardless of whatever hot take you have to throw out there.

Dude is scum and wants to put profits over human lives. I'll dehumanize him all I want.