• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alvar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (permanent): downplaying the severity of a pandemic, account in junior phase
how many people have to die before quarantine is no longer "way overboard"?
Sure it would mean you'd have to step over a few more bodies but at least you'd be able to get a haircut and coffee.
Overboard?

More like not doing enough.
How much bigger should the death toll get for the lockdown to finally be "justified"?
Yeah, who cares if people are dying? Let me get out of the house you freedom-stealing assholes!
FUCKING 'MURICA
I also assume that you are wrong

Ok, so I guess many here are convinced complete lock down is the only way...

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
remember when people thought this guy was "le real life Tony Stark"? what a fucking joke

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds

He's thinking of New Zealand, the US is on track for somewhere between Outbreak and the Walking Dead with Dumpf in chief chugging bleech

remember when people thought this guy was "le real life Tony Stark"? what a fucking joke

Always thought he was the real life Hank Scorpio, and hes really doesn't fit the nice guy persona, but billionaire supergenius bent on world domination either, hes more like Obadiah Stane

Alvar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Come on man, don't double down on something so ridiculous.
Wait, what am I even doubling down on?

I live in a country with social distancing without lock down.

My kids go to school and pre-school, both me and my wife works. We do practice social sitancing here though.
I did add that I cannot speak for what would work in other countries though, it might not be possible there.

And no, I was not even trying to defend his tweet, you should respect what has been decided in your country, but anything should be up for discussion.

Cheeky

Oct 30, 2017

Holy forking shirt! What is he smoking !?
There's 10s of thousands of new cases a day, right now! That pink line sure doesn't look like it gonna hit the very bottom of the graph any time soon

At best I can assume that maybe he's confusing "the number of new daily cases" with "the day-on-day increase in numbers of new daily cases" -- which is close to zero now.

d950e46c-896e-11ea-9dcb-fe6871f4145a

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
remember when this guy got sued by the SEC because he tweeted a bunch of misleading bullshit about taking Tesla private? fucking clown.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what am I even doubling down on?

I live in a country with social distancing without lock down.

My kids go to school and pre-school, both me and my wife works. We do practice social sitancing here though.
I did add that I cannot speak for what would work in other countries though, it might not be possible there.

And no, I was not even trying to defend his tweet, you should respect what has been decided in your country, but anything should be up for discussion.
"I'm just asking questions!!"

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Holy forking shirt! What is he smoking !?
There's 10s of thousands of new cases a day, right now! That pink line sure doesn't look like it gonna hit the very bottom of the graph any time soon

At best I can assume that maybe he's confusing "the number of new daily cases" with "the day-on-day increase in numbers of new daily cases" -- which is close to zero now.

d950e46c-896e-11ea-9dcb-fe6871f4145a
That Tweet was over a month ago.

Still a stupid thing to say though.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Translation: I'm losing a shit ton of money with my factories closed and earnings reports are coming up. Let's jump on the freedom bandwagon and try and get my factories opened.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Tesla earnings are going to be pretty bad, huh?

I worry that more people will agitate for a return to "normal" and end up costing us a lot of lives. We've already seen it from conservative politicians and media, and now I guess it's lord business's turn. Hopefully not too many people buy in to the idea that we need to be cavalier with lives for money's sake.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't believe I used to like him, but then of course I found out about some of the shitty things he has done, especially with his workers and it all spiralled from there.

Guy is just another rich prick who thinks he is amazing. Essentially comes off like an incel who got rich and could buy his way out of all his problems and now doesn't have to think about him being the cause of his problems.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is so fucking stupid. Where are the obsessive people who show up every time there's favorable news for him

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
It still amazes me that people in general aren't up to date that Elon has always been a massive fucking moron.

He's never been bright, but he's never been this wildly irresponsible.

I mean aside from the time he used his international public platform to randomly accuse a rescue worker of pedophilia without basis.

Or the time he used it to blatantly commit securities fraud.

I mean okay it's pretty par for the course but this being a disease is kind of a fresh spin!

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, this thread will likely go down that path, as every other thread about him does. Apparently we're just supposed to forget or ignore the fact that this guy is a gigantic fucking asshole because Tesla.