• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
So fucking half assed and the folks on twitter are eating it up.

Last edited:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't care as much about her not being nice as I do about the mistreatment and sexual harassment of her employees by producers. I also feel like people are cutting short that "I am that person you see on TV" quote and that's a little unfair. Having said that, it's clear she's a massive hypocrite with her "Be kind" messaging on air and how she conducts herself off air. I hope the people who were victimized by producers and other staff get the support and justice they deserve and that the toxic environment there is a thing of the past. But after this I'll never see Ellen as anything other than a put on persona.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't watched this but did she put a dog in the video like asshole like to do when they "apologize"?
maxresdefault.jpg

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
way too many stories of her being an ahole off the air to believe anything she is saying. next is her carting out her celebrity friends to vouch for her.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
She has literally done interviews outside the show that paint her with a completely different personality than her on-air persona. Like, it's patently false to claim they are one and the same.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how her image has totally been destroyed this past summer

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
normally don't do this but I hit the dislike button with the quickness. she rings completely hollow.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
"The truth is I am that person that you see on TV,"

Yeah sure ok there

To be fair, you cut off the rest of what she said where she says the person you see on TV is just one aspect of her. She also said there's a side of her that gets mad, frustrated and impatient too. Not that I believe she's sincere, but she elaborated more than that.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The truth is that I am that person that you see with Kevin Hart and George Bush on TV,

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
We conquered the moon over half a century ago, but humans still struggle like shit to make a good apology.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
" The truth is I am that person that you see on TV "

Ehh, I don't know, it sounds like it depends on who you're talking to to be "that person that you see on TV".

Hmmmm