• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Following the RCP lead, Warren now also matches Biden in The Economist's polling average, with a higher margin of error cap.

Friday evening news!

Elizabeth Warren has taken the "lead" in The Economist's average of 2020 Democratic primary polls. She is tied with Joe Biden at 25%.

Warren: 25% (22-28)
Biden: 25 (23-27)
Sanders: 15 (14-17)
Buttigieg: 6 (4-7)
Harris: 5 (4-6)

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Hard to see anything or anyone derailing her candidacy at this rate.

She's weak in the South, but Biden's campaign is already predicting losses in Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada. It's not as if black voters dislike Warren - give her three wins in a row and she'll surely turn some heads.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this trend for Warren in the polls. She just needs to keep on building and maintain her support and I will be beyond ecstatic to vote for her as President come November 2020.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biden needs to get lost already.

Don't understand how such a shitty candidate can linger around this long.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Keep building that momentum, Liz. Would never be more proud to vote for a candidate.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once Kamala flopped it has been been obvious she would be the nominee.

a MISTAKE but oh well, hopefully the math is on her side during Nov 2020. I am doubtful.

Sanders* 2024!

*Hologram

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
I really really like Bernie, but I don't know if he has a realistic chance. Is a Warren/Sanders ticket too much to ask for?

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be rooting for Bernie until the end of the primary, but as my #2 pick, she has my support in the general. I just do not want Biden. I would really just love to see a three way debate between Biden, Bernie, and Warren.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is a three person race now.

And I feel confident Biden will find a way to torpedo his candidacy.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Hard to see anything or anyone derailing her candidacy at this rate.

She's weak in the South, but Biden's campaign is already predicting losses in Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada. It's not as if black voters dislike Warren - give her three wins in a row and she'll surely turn some heads.

Andrew Gillum might be able to help her out in the South. Though a lot of those states are blood red.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
It would be incredible if she's our next President. I can't imagine anyone more suitable for the moment than her.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
User Banned (5 days): Trolling
Cool, republican for most of her life Warren is clearly who progressives should be routing for.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Riding Obama's coattail will only get him so far. I swear every sentence of his Obama this Obama that.

I think its that. The voters who linked him to Bams are starting to come around that he isn't really like Obama, Obama isn't coming out for him and Obama's legacy is still going to remain. While Warren is in a good spot between Clinton and Sanders. Less ranting at the clouds like Sanders, but more fire than Clinton. Also doesn't come with nearly the same baggage as both.

It is terrible to say as well, but Sanders going to the hospital is going to work in the favor of Warren. She is going to gain more of his voters.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Bernie's woes must be also causing a boost here?
It depends on how you're defining Bernie's woes, because there are a lot of them. Since getting in the race, Bernie's support hasn't changed much at all. He's between 12-15% in most reputable polls. The issue for Bernie is he's not even holding onto majority of his 2016 support, and he's literally picked up 0% from 2016 voters who didn't vote for him in the primary. His demographic problems are well known. What's not well known is that he literally only has support in the 18-29 age group. Once you get out of that? He's in the low single digits. (Most recent poll had him running 7th among voters 65+ who make up a far larger share of the electorate than the youths. Warren is currently winning about as large a share of Bernie 2016 voters as Bernie is. She's also winning the most liberal voters. Bernies two stronger bases--youth and independents aren't breaking for him at anywhere near the 2016 margin. And pretty much once you hit 29, his support evaporates.

On top of that he's a 78 year old man who just had a heart attack. Yesterday's polling showed 30% of Democratic primary voters said that it makes them less likely to vote for him. His favorables are down across the board, even in states where he should be doing better than he is. And most of this happened BEFORE the heart attack.

Warren has been gaining pretty widely by getting folks who were undecided to commit to her. She's the only candidate who has moved up in the aggregate week by week. She's doing the hard work of politicking, her favorables are way up, and people like her.

She's the one.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really really like Bernie, but I don't know if he has a realistic chance. Is a Warren/Sanders ticket too much to ask for?

Sanders won't be VP. He offers nothing as a VP- he turns off centrists, and he's old which makes the risk of dying in office high.
Most likely VP will be a centrist, non-senator, swing state with executive experience. I'd predict someone like Steve Bullock, where the only real divergence is on healthcare, and that might be a case where he is bowing to the realities of being in Montana.

lostconst

Oct 27, 2017

My hope is still that Bernie drops out (because he reasonably can't win) and throws his support behind Warren. It'd give the more likely candidate a much better base and at this point infighting doesn't really help anyone.