• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elizabeth Banks will play the iconic character Ms. Frizzle in a Magic School Bus film.

Deadline reported Thursday that Banks, 46, will star in and produce the new live-action hybrid movie.

The film is based on Scholastic's Magic School Bus book series by Joanna Cole, which was previously adapted as an animated TV series in the 1990s. The series follows Ms. Frizzle and her class as they take educational field trips that explore science.

Universal Pictures, Banks' Brownstone Productions and Marc Platt are developing the project. Banks will produce with Platt, Max Handelman, Iole Lucchese, Caitlin Friedman and Adam Siegel.

"We are delighted to bring to life the iconic Ms. Frizzle and her zest for knowledge and adventure in a fresh new way that inspires the next generation of kids to explore science and supports the dedicated teachers who help make science real and accessible for young learners every day," Lucchese said in a statement.

More at:
www.upi.com

Elizabeth Banks to play Ms. Frizzle in 'Magic School Bus' film - UPI.com

Elizabeth Banks will star in and produce a live-action hybrid movie based on Scholastic's "Magic School Bus" book series by Joanna Cole.

Bus, do your stuff if old

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Given Banks's track record, I imagine this will be a perfectly fine movie that will nevertheless bomb at the box office.

PlatStrat

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I can see her playing Ms. Frizzle. Though I don't really think the concept really lends itself to a full length movie.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Seems like perfect casting to me.

We were watching TV and saw Banks on that Press Your Luck show and was like, is this what she has to do to pay the bills now?

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can see her playing Ms. Frizzle. Though I don't really think the concept really lends itself to a full length movie.
Whenever I hear "Magic School Bus film" I imagine an epic traveling from the inner abyss of Arnold's bowels to the reaches of Pluto and beyond.

But would it be educational though...

Status
Not open for further replies.