• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
<a few years after The Simpsons leaves airwaves we will see the following Twitter announcement and experience deja vu>

... "Springfield," a #TheSimpsons sequel series from Disney Animation is in development at Fox. The show is said to be set 20 years after the events of the original series. Billie Eilish will voice Maggie as an aspiring 20-something rock musician struggling with day-to-day life. Eilish will also executive produce. Will be aimed at adults.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Elizabeth Banks really loves digging up crusty old IPs and making bombs

Forreal. Maybe she'll make Thundercats next. Terrible ass director tbh

Also that Flintstones comic looks dope haha, wonder how long it ran for

Edit: my bad I thought she made Power Rangers too

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
<a few years after The Simpsons leaves airwaves we will see the following Twitter announcement and experience deja vu>

... "Springfield," a #TheSimpsons sequel series from Disney Animation is in development at Fox. The show is said to be set 20 years after the events of the original series. Billie Eilish will voice Maggie as an aspiring 20-something rock musician struggling with day-to-day life. Eilish will also executive produce. Will be aimed at adults.
For this to truly track with the Flintstones trajcetory, we'll need a few years' worth of explicitly kid-focused Simpsons spinoff material.

Always thought it was interesting how they did those Maggie Simpson shorts and put them in front of kids' movies when it's generally not that appropriate for children (not on the level of Family Guy raunchiness but still, I probably wouldn't let my kids watch it until they were 8 or so at least... he says having started watching Simpsons from the age of 4).

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is this in an omnibus or something

I remember looking a couple years ago and it wasn't yet

that and snagglepuss. I wanna read them but just put them in a normal book, I don't wanna buy a bunch of comic books
Flinstones was 12 issues, so there are two trades. I strongly recommend it. It's really a great comic with biting satire that hits hard all while avoiding feeling preachy or focused only on satire.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I hope it's good in a way that it runs for ten years and not in a way that it gets cancelled too soon.

Also the Flintstones comic is, stone cold, the best thing I've read in the past ten years. It is utter perfection, a perfect mix of pessimism and optimism over the entire human experience.

b07ad3d8cc3efdad84b4c9ef55982397.jpg

Did I mention Werner Herzrock is in it?

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like it could be cool. It feels like it has been over 20 years since I've seen the Flinstones in any media. The last cartoon I remember was some kind romantic comedy about how completely dysfunctional the lead's marriage was.

Also holly crap at these comic panels. They look really interesting.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

By the time that actually happens, Maggie's voice actress will be someone who hasn't even been born yet lol

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
is it gonna be based on that run of ultra depressing flintstones comics?

Hopefully not? Flintstones was my favorite cartoon growing up and that shit was hella disappointing to read. The concept of it was fine enough but I wish it hadn't been attached to something I enjoyed that much and been it's own thing.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Flintstones was a prime time show at the time, aimed at a wider audience than most cartoons at the time. I mean, Bugs Bunny didn't advertise cigarettes. It was basically a template of what animation could become in another 20-25 years.

So this is fair. I'm game.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I believe Seth was working on a continuation/reboot of the original that didn't have any sort of "gimmick" like aging the characters 20 years.

People were pretty negative about the idea, assuming it would just be Family Guy with the Flintstones characters, but I think that was a bit unfair and that he likely was going to try and be faithful to the original. The Orville proved that Seth isn't stuck in the Family Guy mold.

IIRC the flintstones reboot was what fox was going to do assuming the simpsons ended. Then they renewed the simpsons and no longer had a hole they needed to fill.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know that you could announce a show that appeals to me less than anything related to the Flintstones but an adult aimed Flintstones show sounds horrendous. I guess it has to be aimed at adults because how many people under the age of 50 give a shit about the Flintstones?

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that you could announce a show that appeals to me less than anything related to the Flintstones but an adult aimed Flintstones show sounds horrendous. I guess it has to be aimed at adults because how many people under the age of 50 give a shit about the Flintstones?

The original was for adults.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
So 20 years in the future?

Sooo that would mean Pebbles is like late 30s or early 40s right? Cause IIRC the babies became college age adults in the original series.

So I guess it's about her and her kids.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Will watch.

I grew up watching Flinstones so I might as well watch this.

One day I will have to sit down and read this thing. Looks amazing.

One of the best comics in the last 20 years.

So 20 years in the future?

Sooo that would mean Pebbles is like late 30s or early 40s right? Cause IIRC the babies became college age adults in the original series.

So I guess it's about her and her kids.

20 years after the original show not the spin-offs. She was still a baby (in fact she was born in season 2), so she will be in her twenties.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
The Flintstones were just a rip off of the Honeymooners aimed at adults when it first premiered. Makes sense.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it looks better than what the Seth MacFarlane version apparently got looked like

I agree with most that he probably would have done a fine job with the writing/tone but I am not a fan of the style. I wonder what Bedrock will look like!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can see people discussing The Flintstones comic from a few years ago. I thought that comic was good. I thought that comic was very good.

Not sure how this show will be.

Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully it looks better than what the Seth MacFarlane version apparently got looked like

I agree with most that he probably would have done a fine job with the writing/tone but I am not a fan of the style. I wonder what Bedrock will look like!

I don't know why but the family guy-style faces with the smug fucking smile and half-opened eyes made me irrationally angry. I'm very glad it was never greenlit.