• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
KV49ivn3qlc4Hm4CWw1tsyb27hH98pVn9KRgyVe0oqQ.jpg

Elvira is back for one night (Replay on Monday) on Shudder the Horror Movie Streaming Service.

It's on right now! Didn't see an Era thread on it so I decided to make one. Right now it's showing one of the greatest movies ever made.

images

Also tonight:

House On Haunted Hill (1959)
House_on_Haunted_Hill.jpg

The City Of The Dead (1960)

61PTTtM5wAL._SL1000_.jpg

And last but not least
Messiah Of Evil (1973)
Messiahevilmargreer.jpg

Shudder is always doing free month sign ups so if your an Elvira fan you have no excuse to not check it out.

Click here to go to Shudder login and go to the "It Came to Shudder" channel.

So join us, and Unpleasant Dreams.

OP
OP
deimosmasque

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I really hope Shudder makes her a regular staple with specials like they do with Joe Bob Briggs.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I️ see there's a replay on Monday, but will it be available on demand after that? Won't be able to watch it for awhile

OP
OP
deimosmasque

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
They haven't said what time of if it's on demand. I imagine it will be, can't think of any of their original content that hasn't gone on demand.

Also I'd say that I'd forgotten how much I loved Elvira Mistress of the Dark movie, but I can't as I watch it at least once a year.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
They haven't said what time of if it's on demand. I imagine it will be, can't think of any of their original content that hasn't gone on demand.

Also I'd say that I'd forgotten how much I loved Elvira Mistress of the Dark movie, but I can't as I watch it at least once a year.

It's really a fun movie. Scream Factory is finally releasing Elvira's Haunted Hills on blu-ray in October. I recently revisited it & while it doesn't hold up to this one; it's a good time. I kinda wish this marathon had that in it, but I'm lookin forward to the older films & Elvira's cracks during them.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Shudder makes her a regular staple with specials like they do with Joe Bob Briggs.
WHAT?!!
I think I've been living under a rock, I didn't know he was doing stuff with Shudder. I use to watch TNT when he hosted...MonsterVision(?). I'm going to have to sign up for Shudder for some Joe Bob and now some Elvira. Now I just need AVGN to do Monster Madness.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
WHAT?!!
I think I've been living under a rock, I didn't know he was doing stuff with Shudder. I use to watch TNT when he hosted...MonsterVision(?). I'm going to have to sign up for Shudder for some Joe Bob and now some Elvira. Now I just need AVGN to do Monster Madness.

Shudder has had Joe Bob back for a few years now. He's got his annual Halloween Hoedown special coming up on October 8th.

OP
OP
deimosmasque

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
WHAT?!!
Yup. They have him come in to do what they called the Last Drive-In a 26 hour marathon. It was literally supposed to be the Last show for Joe Bob.

It did so well he comes back every year for about 10-12 movies every year and other specials through out the year.

Can you only watch this through their live stream? Is that only available within the actual Shudder app and not Amazon?
There should be a VOD on Monday. But yes it is only through Shudder.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Its not Halloween season until I watch Mistress of the dark

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
deimosmasque

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
I've never seen it before, but I'm really digging Messiah of Evil. It has a sort of a giallo or Italian supernatural vibe despite being an American film. The supermarket scene and the theater scene were both instantly memorable.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen it before, but I'm really digging Messiah of Evil. It has a sort of giallo or Italian supernatural vibe despite being an American film. The supermarket scene and the theater scene were both instantly memorable.
This is where I'm at. I had VERY low expectations but I'm actually throoughly impressed. The theater scene lingered for just long enough to actually be quite disturbing, and the imagery of the vampires' silhouettes through the overhead glass is pretty creepy