• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Say goodbye forever to:

• All soups (includes ramen, pho, chowder, etc)

Votes: 500 20.3%
  • Hamburgers & sandwiches (yes, even hot dogs)

Votes: 91 3.7%
  • Pasta & noodles (ALL varieties *except* noodle-based soups and salads)

Votes: 156 6.3%
  • All barbecue (every global variety, including grilled or smoked dishes)

Votes: 325 13.2%
  • All tortilla-based dishes (includes hard corn shell dishes and tortilla chip dishes)

Votes: 519 21.0%
  • Pizza and pizza-like dishes (ie, calzones, pizza rolls, etc)

Votes: 129 5.2%
  • All curry dishes (anything that contains a curry powder)

Votes: 748 30.3%

• Total voters
Jun 7, 2018
I hope none of the people blindly voting out curry are fans of Singapore noodles and satay.

Soup can get in tne sea, where, conveniently, it will also cause less environmental damage than the other options would!

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
I voted Tortilla just because I like the other ones more.

I understand if people voted for curry, but why the fuck people are voting for soups? It's like a comfort food for cold weathers and it's easy to eat.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
Chosed tortilla based, guess those are my least favourite.

I'm surprised to see so many votes for curry and soup, tho :(

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Bye tortillas.

I like them but it feels like the other options offer far more variety so earth would lose the least without tortilla based dishes.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
Soup, hands down. More of a beverage anyway if you ask me. How is Curry winning??? Don't you guys realize that Butter Chicken is a Curry??

Jun 7, 2018
I don't imagine anyone with any kind of affection for southeast asian food is voting curry

Yeah, you're probably right, I just imagine there's at least some people voting against their own interests by thinking of "curry" as one singular dish and not considering the wide use of curry powder/curry elements/methods in all sorts of dishes! Like, a bowl of chilli would probably even classify if there was a law drafted up to define and ban "curry".

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of love for curry is disgusting.

Soup is the "who gives a fuck" of the culinary experience.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone voting should show video proof of trying 5 recipes from each category, I refuse to believe curry is the top choice to ax.

BBQ can gtfo

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I am pretty inexperienced with curry but I love Thai red curry dishes so I guess that's enough to qualify it for zapping. Kind of a toss up between bbq and soup for second place - great but inessential. Hands off the rest…

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I don't eat Curry often, but I do like it and, honestly, that would just be a jerk move on a global scale given how prominent it is around the world.

I honestly don't like soup, but I do enjoy the occasional Ramen and Chowder. And again, don't want to be a jerk on a global scale.

So the only option appears to be Pizza.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
You know, I honestly wonder how many of the votes in favor of getting rid of curry are from Americans.

I mean I get it, I'm from the US myself and curries aren't really that big a thing here (although it's not hard to find them, you can even be a lazy bastard like myself and buy frozen ones at the grocery store for tossing in the microwave when it's like midnight and you haven't eaten dinner yet and you can't be assed to cook something like a normal person) so it's likely a case of 'Well I never/rarely eat this stuff, so doesn't bother me if it were to disappear'.

(Curry is great btw)

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Barbecue isn't a huge thing where I live so it's always been a novelty thing to do in the summer, so that's an easy pick for me

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like how the curry fans are trying to make this about something to shit on others again 🤦

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
I'm convinced that everyone voting for soups has never had good ramen. You cannot simply give up ramen once you've an amazing one from an authentic ramen place

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
Legit couldn't vote on bbq for the mere fact it would eliminate Korean bbq. It's def soups that should go.

Jun 7, 2018
vmJgJMD_d.webp

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
there are a lot of bad soups in the world but the good soups pull a lot of weight
9gkid.jpg

breathtaking

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe tortillas are in 3rd place behind soups and curry. You people disgust me.
Tortillas are just stale, dried up sandwiches.

Supha_Volt

Nov 3, 2017
I can't believe that the option that contains hot dog is the least voted for? How?! You'd throw out all of the amazing dishes for a hot dog? Never change

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Pasta

Don't think I've ever, ever really had a pasta craving any day lol. I'll eat and enjoy spaghetti or other pasta dishes, but I wouldn't miss them at all if they disappeared.

Supha_Volt

Nov 3, 2017
hot dogs are awful but they're being lumped in with all the good sandwiches, and the list of good sandwiches is virtually endless
That's true and is a bit unfair. I don't think I've had a sandwich that I would take over any of the other options. Some of the options for sandwiches are just another one of the options put into a bread of some sort. More so ok the bbq side of things

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I love bbq more than soups and most curries, but still voted for that. I feel like it'd be the smallest cultural loss of the options.

If I had to eliminate one from MY personal diet, it'd be soups though.

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
They're all shitty options but I think I could live without pasta. I enjoy noodles but often view it as unnecessary carbs. I know it's not that simple and pasta can be made in many forms, some super nutritious but that would be my selection.

Applebite

Oct 27, 2017
It's pizza for me. And I love pizza. But that is easily the option that would exclude the least amount of food options. The other ones have a much wider impact.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Question.

I completely drain my ramen. Never eat it like some soup.

Does it still fall under the soup category or does it fall under the noodle catagory.

Jun 7, 2018
Individually yes but a complex combination of those would be outlawed

So hypothetically, would a dish containing cumin, coriander/cilantro, cayenne, garlic, paprika, chilli peppers and oregano count as a complex enough combination to be outlawed? And what about a powdered spice blend containing those same ingredients? Would that count as a curry powder, even if it had a different name?

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
absolutely baffling. out of all the other choices, pho, ramen, grilled/smoked meat, tacos, pizza, all types of different curry...most of yall would rather eat a fucking hamburger/hotdog/sandwich? absolute TRASH

The impact of banning curry
OP
OP
echoshifting

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
So hypothetically, would a dish containing cumin, coriander/cilantro, cayenne, garlic, paprika, chilli peppers and oregano count as a complex enough combination to be outlawed? And what about a powdered spice blend containing those same ingredients? Would that count as a curry powder, even if it had a different name?

Any dish that includes a combination of four or more of the following ingredients in a sauce:
Ginger
Turmeric
Coriander
Chili Peppers or Powder
Cumin
Fennel
Bay Leaves
Cloves
Cinnamon
Mace
Cardamom
will be banned out of an overabundance of caution

Someone speculated earlier in the thread that banning curry would impact chili, for example, and that is correct