• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Say goodbye forever to:

• All soups (includes ramen, pho, chowder, etc)

Votes: 500 20.3%
  • Hamburgers & sandwiches (yes, even hot dogs)

Votes: 91 3.7%
  • Pasta & noodles (ALL varieties *except* noodle-based soups and salads)

Votes: 156 6.3%
  • All barbecue (every global variety, including grilled or smoked dishes)

Votes: 325 13.2%
  • All tortilla-based dishes (includes hard corn shell dishes and tortilla chip dishes)

Votes: 519 21.0%
  • Pizza and pizza-like dishes (ie, calzones, pizza rolls, etc)

Votes: 129 5.2%
  • All curry dishes (anything that contains a curry powder)

Votes: 748 30.3%

• Total voters

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
I hate Pizza so this be easy

Can't believe curries are so high? There is 1000s of varieties with Curries and they're delish

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So get rid of stuff like pho, ramen, tortilla dishes, and curry dishes, but keep all the tighty whitey dishes like pasta, sandwiches, pizza and burgers? Era gonna Era.
Pizza aside (and it's still an internationally popular food), none of the other categories really lean white. Plenty of asian noodle dishes and the sandwich and burger is such a generic and broad category that it can apply to a number of dishes in pretty much any cuisine

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Y'all are deleting curry?

Curry?

This thread is cursed.

(BYE hamburger)

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Almost went tortilla-based but had to go BBQ. Lose one thing versus massive varieties of things.

Everyone voting curry is wrong.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
I would say soups if not for ramen. I like all of them but I could go the rest of my days without barbecue and not be too upset. It's expensive as fuck and there are already plenty of other delicious ways to prepare meat.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Gotta go with tortillas.

Sandwiches would be the alternative - while not totally equivalent I can certainly have one or the other and not feel like I missed the other. Plus so many dishes for either can switch. I find bread more varied so I'd spare it in that set.

Everything else, which I pretty much all enjoy something of and now crave some BBQ or curry, is more unique.

If tortillas and sandwiches were merged I may have to go curry. I do love it but it feels far more specific than the others. Meaning you find types of soup, or noodles, or bbq in so many cultures and styles, but curry is much less of a global creation. Maybe if you lumped in some of the "super spiced" stuff like blackened foods it's be harder.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I think it would have to be burgers/sandwiches or tortilla-based foods. Which absolutely sucks as I love both.

I eat tacos more often than burgers, but a really good burger hits better than a really good taco does. So I'm tempted to go with tortilla-based dishes.

But then I'd feel absolutely awful to delete a staple of Mesoamerican cuisines just to save something I eat a few times a year. And then I remember other sandwiches and realize how important they are to much of the world as well, and now I'm just stuck.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Soups would be a close call but I've had my life saved too many times by soup when I'm sick or lazy. I'd eliminate tortilla dishes sadly.

If you voted to eliminate curries you are sincerely a fucked up person though. All that flavor… gone, like tears in the rain.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Yeah I've noticed Ramen seems to be the more popular Asian food in NA

over here Ireland, UK and a lot of other EU places like Germany

Curry like dishes are very popular

the idea of waking up hungover with no curry option saddens me

we just all in bed wait till we wake up to fix this poll

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Honestly? Pizza and pizza related foods. It's awesome and I love pizza don't get me wrong, but there's such a limited variety of things to do with them and so that's my choice.

Tacos, burgers, soups, pasta, barbecue and curry foods all have shit tons of different varieties and options to where it would really suck to be without them. Curry I've not had much of since there's no "real" Indian food places near me according to my Indian friends (though part of me thinks they're gatekeeping but eh) but I know that so many Indian and Japanese foods use a "curry" and so that's fucked up to choose that

Thanksgiving leftovers are almost always turned into tacos and soup, just thanks to them being easy foods to use for leftovers

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Curry dishes leading the poll?

All yall get out.

For health reasons I was gonna post pasta, noodles...but I just picked what I barely eat.

Tortillas gotta go.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
easy, burgers and sandwiches. yall curry voters can go get some taste buds with yo broken ass tongue.

Raskol

Sep 5, 2018
I have IBS so pizza is an easy choice.

Tortillas if I were to choose an actual least favourite.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Hamburgers and sandwiches. Yes. Hamburgers have so much grease and are guilty meals, and 95% of hamburgers taste the same.

Sandwiches are pretty tasty but so unfilling. Subs have too much bread-to-filling ratio.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry tortillas.

Let's take all those burrito ingredients and stuff them in a naan.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Curry curveball. It seems like the easy choice until you realize how good it is.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
BBQ easily.

It's tasty but the planet would thank us and imo its not nearly as much of a staple as all the other choices are.

BobbyB

Aug 18, 2021
I like pizza but I could live with never eating one again.
I would rather trade both soup and tortilla dishes since both of those suck and wouldn't be missed at all.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Pizza is the worst and least varied of the bunch so I sacrifice that. Only pizza even worth a shit is actually stuff like Margherita and Neapolitan pizza and everything else is cheap drunk food dogshit.

And if the price of everything else can go down we can have a better super cheap delivery take over the US.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
goodbye tortillas.

never had curry much, so i can't vote for that. gotta have clam chowder though, so soups stay. and i can get my bread + meat combo with hamburgers anyway even though i do love a good burrito, taco, and enchilada.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Plebs will vote soup because they never had a good one.

The real answer is all tortilla-based dishes, I bet even people who love tortilla wouldn't notice it's gone.
I, and 300 something million Mexicans would definitely notice. Tortillas are a staple of our diet. I eat tortillas 5-6 days out of the week.

Last edited: