• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
This is in direct competition with the AverMedia Liver Gamer 4K... at a lower price.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Only took em about 18 months to responded to the AverMedia Liver Gamer 4K.......but if they hadn't of made such a colossal fuck up of the MK1 then they wouldn't have to!

Hope they give some sort of discount to the poor people who purchased the MK1

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Did you manage to compare them? Wondering which one to buy.
If you have any intention of using older consoles, the Avermedia GC573 4K is known to handle basically everything the OSSC can spit out along with 240p and other low or non-standard resolutions. Dunno about this specific Elgato device but all their others are known to choke on anything slightly non-standard.

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
If you have any intention of using older consoles, the Avermedia GC573 4K is known to handle basically everything the OSSC can spit out along with 240p and other low or non-standard resolutions. Dunno about this specific Elgato device but all their others are known to choke on anything slightly non-standard.

I probably won't. I plan to use it with ps3/ps4/x1x/switch/pc.

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
I'll get it done today. The system the Elgato is in has been used for another project, but I'll put the card in the same maching the AM is in and see about how they compare.

Thank you. I am sure that it works nicely with consoles, but I am a bit worried about using it when playing on a pc.
My CPU is decent (8700k), but I am not sure that it would not be a bottleneck when recording 4k hdr footage.

OP
OP
F34R

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone tried using both this one and Avermedia?
Not sure which one to buy...
I've used both of them and either way they both work well for what I use it for. Both were able to capture 4K HDR 60 frames per second without any issues. I didn't have any problems streaming live with either one..

The only thing that you need to be aware of is that neither one of the cards worked well in the 4X slot for me. I had to move both cards into an 8X slot for them to be able to capture HDR 4K 60 frames per second. That Hass to do with something in my system using some of the band with on that Forex Lane and I still haven't figured that out yet. That Hass to do with something in my system using some of the band with on that 4x slot and I still haven't figured that out yet. Avermedia was able to replicate the problem and fix it on their end, but it wasn't the same fix for me.