• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Surprised they admitted it was racially motivated this time. Guess it's hard to claim he was just having a bad day when he's ranting and raving about "the chinese".

And of course when he finally decides to do something, it's against an elderly couple.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
"The community was awesome," he said. "It wasn't like they were beating him down ... but they recognized him."

I wish they did stomp his ass

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
"The community was awesome," he said. "It wasn't like they were beating him down ... but they recognized him."

I wish they did stomp his ass
Yeah I'm sure an assault charge is worth it, not.

Regarding his actions and likely consequences. Heinous attack, we'd all like to see a harsh punishment at least as a deterrent to others...but let's face it minor injuries reported, and I'd wager they're not going to pursue as hate crime. He'll get like 30 days in county maybe, assuming they jail him at all due to covid stuff.

Oct 28, 2017
Look at this fucking ape. So fucking dumb he thinks every Asian is Chinese and therefore responsible for....thing. Because the internet said so. God what an absolute simpleton. Happy to see a mugshot online, hope his tiny existence gets further reduced to absolute zero outlook.

edit: I hope this gives the Olympian the motivation to absolutely brutalise the next ape that tries to intimidate her. It seems they don't learn, unless the lesson comes with a caved-in face. Could've saved this elderly couple the trauma.

Oct 27, 2017
Look at this fucking ape. So fucking dumb he thinks every Asian is Chinese and therefore responsible for....thing. Because the internet said so. God what an absolute simpleton. Happy to see a mugshot online, hope his tiny existence gets further reduced to absolute zero outlook.

edit: I hope this gives the Olympian the motivation to absolutely brutalise the next ape that tries to intimidate her. It seems they don't learn, unless the lesson comes with a caved-in face. Could've saved this elderly couple the trauma.
Yeah first off, he's an asshole for blaming "the Chinese" for anything. Most Chinese people probably have a lot of criticism for how their government handled this and wasted the potential goodwill they could earn after withstanding the Trump presidency.

Second he called the Korean couple Chinese which is....not a thing you do with an older Asian person. There were a few major world events that Asian countries were on opposite sides of, specifically Asians of that generation.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm sure an assault charge is worth it, not.

Regarding his actions and likely consequences. Heinous attack, we'd all like to see a harsh punishment at least as a deterrent to others...but let's face it minor injuries reported, and I'd wager they're not going to pursue as hate crime. He'll get like 30 days in county maybe, assuming they jail him at all due to covid stuff.

Police took Vivona into custody on suspicion of elder abuse, criminal threats and hate crimes in connection with the attack on the couple and the threats against Kokumai.

Vivona, a warehouse worker, who listed an address in Corona but appeared to be experiencing homelessness, was booked in the Theo Lacy jail facility in Orange County with bail set at $65,000, according to online records. His arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday. He has not yet been formally charged.

He's a transient, so it's unlikely he'll make bail.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad this got a better ending, now lets hope for the same for the dipshit who assaulted an elderly man the other day. (and every other open case)