• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has the game gotten a ps5 patch or native release?

Also, I haven't touched this game since... 2016? How has the game changed since then? Were its systems and mechanics refined?

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Fallout 76 is Fallout 4 online w/ a much bigger/better map.

It's more like a Destiny style online game than an MMO.
Yeah, definitely. ESO is much, much more of a traditional MMO. I don't think the two games are comparable at all, really, aside from both being multiplayer spin-offs based on Bethesda franchises.

Zephon

Dec 10, 2017
Does the game have matchmaking or LFG system for dungeons?
I'm looking for a decompression game and being able to play it solo sounds great.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 load times are amazing for FO76. On my same internet connection and a decent SSD they are crap on PC.

And it runs smooth as hell.
Oh wow I failed...looks like I've been playing it off my external. Going to try and move it to internal and see if that helps some haha

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
This was my Covid quarantine game last summer. Was really bummed to read the PS5/Series X versions aren't coming until Q3/Q4. I was hoping they would launch alongside the expansion in June.

gpn

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to get into ESO since I love Oblivion and Skyrim, but I just haven't been able to. I'm not an MMO player, but Fallout 76 was pretty easy to pick up since it's so close to Fallout 4, ESO though was like something completely foreign to me. Any good beginner tutorials out there for someone coming from Skyrim? I'm on PC if that matters.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played a bit of it on gamepass and liked what I saw, but I think I'm going to wait until the Series X update hits. Still 30fps, though it did seem pretty stable in an area crowded with players.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I started this last week. As a solo player I'm agreeing with OP. It's comfort food gaming, I don't feel penalized for making my character spec the way I want it. Skyrim was the game I compared to an ex gf I couldn't stop thinking about and this fills the void.

I only wish, I could start from the very beginning, as I like to do things in order, I think I started in Morrowind? Not sure. I'm trying to give the lore the attention it deserves as I have surface level knowledge, but I wanna appreciate it and dive in to really immerse myself into it.

Yakuza Like a Dragon is constantly knocking at my door though.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Son of a bitch now I'm definitely thinking about it lol I have a friend that has been asking me if I wanted to try out the game.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This game easy for people to jump into? Been debating for a while now if I want to jump into ESO.
Yup, the game is pretty easy to leap right into, you can hop right to any new expansion area or zone for the most part, and level scaling means you can really just go for the content you feel like. Plus, much of the content is very solo-friendly so you can just roam and do things as you like.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Damn it OP, now I can't stop thinking about giving it a shot lol. I played it a bit during one of the free trials and liked it quite a bit.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
I will always praise ESO as the ultimate comfort game. So much content and the stories are almost always engaging. Wish the combat wasn't awful but everything else makes up for it.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Has the game gotten a ps5 patch or native release?

Also, I haven't touched this game since... 2016? How has the game changed since then? Were its systems and mechanics refined?

Not yet, I think last stream they said they'll talk when they have more to share. I'm guessing a couple more months at least. I really want that 60 FPS

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about getting this game off and on this week. The graphics look a bit bad, even for a person that still love how FFXI looks and animate, but I have no idea what the gameplay is like even after watching videos.

I could just get the base game to see if I like it, or I could wait and just test with the collection pack during a nice sale. I should probably try to watch a "let's play" where the person is playing for the first time again. I usually get sponsored results from people trying the dlc where you start in a prison, the Skyrim one I think. It seem like they got a lot of content creators to try that one.

Dec 23, 2017
Amazing amount of content and no pressure to do anything. Almost as good as Star Wars Galaxy. Plus I can play the game my way, if you want to be a heavy armor great sword swinging nerconmancer, go for it. Not only won't the game penalize you for it, but it will open up new skills for advancement depending on how you play. Like a passive ability for incressed defence for wearing heavy armor.

Amazing game with crazy amount of content and almost always on sell.

Sounds like something I might enjoy.

I hate being pushed through the same narrative as everyone else, told to do my daily chores or to log in everyday for your log in rewards. I like open ended games where I can explore at my own pace, play my way and make my own story.

I'll do some research on ESO, I heard its getting some kind of Oblivion update and I just so happen to love Elder Scrolls Oblivion. I have my eyes on a game called Book of Travels as well.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh it seems I have access to a trial of the game, I wonder if I can still try it a bit. I forgot I got in the beta but never tried or downloaded it. Worth a shot, likely won't work.

tubesuZ.jpg

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Every year the game features a new story arc and they are mostly standalone. Just be sure to play content within the same arc in the intended order.

1. The Planemeld (Base)
2. The Daedric Wars (Morrowind, Clockwork City, Summerset)
3. Season of the Dragon (Elsweyr, Dragonhold)
4. Dark Heart of Skyrim (Greymoor, Markarth)
5. Gates of Oblivion (Blackwood, ?)

No, ESO is very story focused.
Thé story IS good ?

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
As a stress head I have a lot of games I use to cope with anxiety and depression. No surprise that you can just sink into that game and forget about life for a minute. Hades similarly pulls me out of my head and just has me vibing because I don't feel like there are any stakes, the audio is pretty soothing, and I can get lost in trying to make it one more room.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Used to play, it but inventory management was a pain and I hated them locking the big crafting bag behind a sub.
Combat wasn't great, zone stories were good for an MMO and there are some great music tracks.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I have Base+Morrowind+Summerset on PS but I am thinking of starting over on Xbox because of the Bethesda Deal an gamepass. Im kinda out of the loop as to what I have to buy to actually get access to everything up until now.

Does the Blackwood Preorder give me access to Greymoor? Or do I have to buy both? Or do I just buy Blackwood and sub to ESO?

Well I'll sub anyway since the game is a pain in the ass without the crafting bag.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Used to play, it but inventory management was a pain and I hated them locking the big crafting bag behind a sub.
Combat wasn't great, zone stories were good for an MMO and there are some great music tracks.
As a hoarder this might hurt this game for me. I shall look up videos on how bad it gets.

ESO How to Manage Your Inventory WITHOUT ESO Plus (Guide)
www.youtube.com

ESO How to Manage Your Inventory WITHOUT ESO Plus (Guide)

This Elder Scrolls Online beginner guide covers the BEST way to manage your inventory without eso plus. This is one of the biggest pain points for players st...
(first comment) "Even with ESO+, I struggle maintaining bag/bank space because of the "I might need it later" mindset."

Why do devs do this? One of the worst parts of early FFXI was the limited space thanks to PS2 memory. Oh well.

Last edited:

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I find it's a great podcast/youtube game, you can just chill and explore the zones while listening to something else

Oct 28, 2017
Out of the blue i decided to finally play Skyrim for the first time last month. I just finished it and absolutely loved it. Looking at screenshots of the mmo im surprised by how great it looks compared to Skyrim lol. Should i play this?

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Been there since day one and it's still my go to game of choice after a bad day. ESO + member and bought all the chapters and spend equal amounts of time in both PvP and PvE but I can happily spend hours just decorating my houses

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the game will go on sale on Steam for the Lunar Sales. I really miss playing The Elder Scrolls.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
and the One Tamriel update, which effectively removed any semblance of a challenge from the overworld content, hasn't helped either.
Really hate it. I know where they're coming from and why many MMO follow this modern approach, but it's almost impossible to have a challenge while questing and following the story. I'm also aware that not everyone wants a challenge but having the option in said options would be nice.

Progression feels not real and worthwhile, but only artificial. It sucks. Which is a shame because there's much to like in ESO. For example it's one of very few MMOs getting exploration right with hidden things to find that feel rewarding.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Been there since day one and it's still my go to game of choice after a bad day. ESO + member and bought all the chapters and spend equal amounts of time in both PvP and PvE but I can happily spend hours just decorating my houses
The variety of houses will never not amuse me. You can get whats like illegal basement apartment, all the way up to a fairyland castle.
Hopefully the game will go on sale on Steam for the Lunar Sales. I really miss playing The Elder Scrolls.
I would be shocked if it doesn't. It is always on steam sales, and individual sales like every other month

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll just start over on Xbox. Better safe that sorry.

Game is pure chill and is a nice distraction until ES VI finally launches in 2029.

Noobguru

Oct 27, 2017
Played this at launch, didn't love it. Then I saw it was $8 in the PSN sale yesterday and grabbed it on a whim. Excited to see if it clicks now

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
"No pressure to do anything" makes me interested lol

It's casual friendly? Like, can I come back after 3 months and still be fine?

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I downloaded this and gave it a bash but bounced off it pretty quickly. It kinda feels like a really cheap Skyrim? Like the combat is like Skyrim, but even worse (lol).

It made just download Skyrim SE and mod it to 60fps and having a much better time.

Maybe I'll try again at some point.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Those that are jumping in fresh be aware there are some pretty big changes coming to the champion point system with the next major update so dont go working on your end game builds just yet!

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I like elder scrolls a lot but don't like mmo all that much
I also wanted to give fallout 76 another go now that years passed and its supposed to be way better

You and me on the first part. It's got a bunch of standard MMO-like questing to go with some other good story missions in the newer areas.

76 is in good shape. Still something of a mess technically (typical Bethesda visual glitches and the like) but mostly is what they promised. It's almost entirely sp unless you don't want it to be. The focus is definitely on gear, much like Fallout 4. New guns, new weapons, crafting upgrades. If you don't like that, don't play 76.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded this and gave it a bash but bounced off it pretty quickly. It kinda feels like a really cheap Skyrim? Like the combat is like Skyrim, but even worse (lol).

It made just download Skyrim SE and mod it to 60fps and having a much better time.

Maybe I'll try again at some point.

I have some days where I agree, completely. ESO needs a bit of time to give you multiple abilities so you aren't stuck in the "Skyrim-lite" melee attacks that feel awful.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
You and me on the first part. It's got a bunch of standard MMO-like questing to go with some other good story missions in the newer areas.

76 is in good shape. Still something of a mess technically (typical Bethesda visual glitches and the like) but mostly is what they promised. It's almost entirely sp unless you don't want it to be. The focus is definitely on gear, much like Fallout 4. New guns, new weapons, crafting upgrades. If you don't like that, don't play 76.
Yeah I'm gonna give 76 a try after I play fallout 4. I looked at elder scrolls online and it's definitely not for me. It's too much mmo. I know I'd love the world and stories but probably can't get too invested. I'd rather replay Skyrim or oblivion.

When I get around to it.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I really tried to get into this a few times, it just feels so vanilla to me, every time it's mentioned I give it another shot. I know it's good it just hasn't clicked for me yet.