• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Well now since they made money, lets go back to Sekiro please. Sekiro DLC + Sequel + anime announcements at summer game fest will do it for me.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Totally deserved. It will be interesting to see how this resounding success will influence From's future projects.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Talking about DLC again, I am curious on the scope there. Elden Ring is way bigger than I expected. Will the same apply to a DLC?

Jun 24, 2019
Congrats to them 🎉

Elden Ring is an incredible game but not without flaws. I hope they learn from the feedback and continue to make outstanding titles.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Tbh this is a little disappointing. It sold 12 mil in first 18 days. I thought it would at least reach 15 mil by the end of March. Now it's highly unlikely that it will reach 20mil till the end of the year. Maybe about 16-17 mil.
Again it's still a very successful title but looks like it's a little frontloaded
It hasn't even seen a price drop or promotion yet that wasn't a retailer reducing its own cut.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
now just give me some dlc or a rya statue and I'll be set til ER2

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Tbh this is a little disappointing. It sold 12 mil in first 18 days. I thought it would at least reach 15 mil by the end of March. Now it's highly unlikely that it will reach 20mil till the end of the year. Maybe about 16-17 mil.
Again it's still a very successful title but looks like it's a little frontloaded

Nah. Its still the constant top game on Steam salecharts and on consoles its doing well as well. Game defies a lot of sales trajectories for titles like it.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Deserved, this game is a masterpiece. Can't wait for the DLC/expansion.

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
In an office somewhere in Square-Enix HQ...

DuVUG6KX4AM_nRp.jpg
LMAO

Ilyahero

Nov 25, 2019
Nah. Its still the constant top game on Steam salecharts and on consoles its doing well as well. Game defies a lot of sales trajectories for titles like it.
Yeah, I know that it's a top seller on Steam. That's why I am a little bit disappointed that it sold only 1,4 mil from March 14 to March 31. I think it sold even less in April.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
Do remember that a lot of people also probably cannot play it yet, as it runs on a certain dx12 requirements and anything below that won't run it at all.

Considering the chip shortage, a lot of people can't upgrade so soon, at least I knew a few ppl that has this experience.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So many people can now join the Serpent King, as FAMALEEEEEE!!!

Congrats to From and Bamco. It's a crazy but also well deserved success.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know that it's a top seller on Steam. That's why I am a little bit disappointed that it sold only 1,4 mil from March 14 to March 31. I think it sold even less in April.

Those are still pretty darn good numbers for a game that already sold 12 million copies prior to that and hasn't had any sales yet. It will be interesting to see how it does the rest of the year.

Ilyahero

Nov 25, 2019
Those are still pretty darn good numbers for a game that already sold 12 million copies prior to that and hasn't had any sales yet. It will be interesting to see how it does the rest of the year.
Yes, hopefully they'll share some numbers in the future. I am pretty sure it'll reach 20 mil pretty fast, Maybe not this year though

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

I am saying that its selling more than this indicates basically. I can easily 20M by end of year, which would be super strong legs.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't beat the game yet.

Been going out of my way to unlock and explore all the hard to get to areas.

Just found a big tree-top zone I been running around in the past day or so.

Love how this game keeps surprising me.

I just wish they could make it run better on PC. Crashes and stutters still abound and I just want it to be smoother. :(

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
damn, they have a come a long way.

i dont know what the King's Field games sold, but i do remember the unconfirmed reports that Demon's Souls had reached 500k units sold back in 2010 or so, and people were really happy it was relatively succesful on PS3 and not a total flop. 13.4mil is craaaaaaazy compared to that, hah. i hope there are still many of the same people working on these games, and enjoying the explosive success. you deserve it.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I still haven't beat the game yet.

Been going out of my way to unlock and explore all the hard to get to areas.

Just found a big tree-top zone I been running around in the past day or so.

Love how this game keeps surprising me.

I just wish they could make it run better on PC. Crashes and stutters still abound and I just want it to be smoother. :(
I finished at the 92 hour mark. Immediately start playing again and found 2 caves that I missed in the beginning of my first playthrough. I have my Deck now so I'm going to finish my second run there because I know I missed somethings even though I took my time.

Kazen

May 31, 2019
Probably around 15m+ now? Since it's still top sale on Steam and most played paid game on xbox on most regions.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I remember how happy a bunch of us were watching Demons Souls crawl to 1 million on its good word of mouth back on ps3.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
Rare phenomenon to see such lockstep critical and commercial success. Fromsoftware and Elden Ring truly deserve every bit of it and more.

I'm anticipating the DLC more than any AAA release I can recall. If they're aiming to top prior expansions it'll be something for sure.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well now since they made money, lets go back to Sekiro please. Sekiro DLC + Sequel + anime announcements at summer game fest will do it for me.
Let's please, please, please never go back to Sekiro. I'll take 5 seasons of ELDEN RING DLC + Elden Ring 2 + Elden Ring HBO Original, thanks