• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Final predictions?

• GOAT

Votes: 260 23.3%
  • 95-99

Votes: 269 24.1%
  • 90-94

Votes: 388 34.8%
  • 85-90

Votes: 160 14.3%
  • Below 85

Votes: 38 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
This might be GOTY but when we still possibly have GOW Ragnarok and BOTW2 releasing this year it really is too early to say that. People thought RDR2 and GTA5 would dominate GOTY too b/c they had a 97/98

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
If it holds at 97, would be one of the best rated games of all time. And if you look at just the last 15 years (or whatever you define as a modern window), would be even better. Can't wait.

Styrman

Nov 7, 2017
Why did I have to open this thread... I was already so hyped it hutrs, but tomorrow is going to be unbearable now.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
This is going to become my favorite game of all time I can feel it. Granted I have greatly disliked some other high scoring games but I just know From isn't going to let me down.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit

I was expecting plenty of praise and accolades but I was not ready to see it set the gaming world ablaze like this

Absolutely incredible climb for these talented developers!

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I played it at 4K, 1440p and 1080p. 4K and 1440p at High/Ultra settings, 1080p on a different machine with med/high. Ultrawide is not supported, you'll just have a 16:9 with black bars.

Embargo is over, I can talk about everything.
Does the game show/specify it's use of Easy Anti-Cheat upon load? Is there any visible way to disable it and only play offline? I ask this, not for my first playthrough, but for subsequent playthroughs and modded playthroughs where you can quickly alter stats and load outs to switch builds and test crazy stat distributions out. I really enjoyed doing some and watching a lot of that sort of content and modded playthroughs of previous souls games and I worry that the inclusion of Easy Anti-cheat will stop those from happening in the future.

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
i mean, Martin didnt write the story no? he helped with the lore.

the story is still from's

What I'm saying is, IDK he was brought on other than to attach his name to the project. Every element feels like it came from Miyazaki himself. There's nothing in this game that screams GRRM other than a few GoT Easter eggs.

ergoakari

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
If it holds at 97, would be one of the best rated games of all time. And if you look at just the last 15 years (or whatever you define as a modern window), would be even better. Can't wait.

It's at 97 without counting IGN, Gamespot.. etc.. it's likely going back to 98 unless a flood of bad reviews come in.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
if that post about memory leaks is true then I guess there's your explanation for PC stutter maybe. Noticed a few PC releases with it recently, REVIII and GOTG had it where you needed to restart from checkpoint occasionally

Prob not enough to make me not get it on PC. Only recent title to make me really regret the PC version was RE8

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jason Schreier says the game runs better on PC than PS5? Well shit, I might go with PC after all. Need that day one patch DF analysis as asap as possible.
Those scores are some true "I doubt you could even imagine it" shit. Friday can't come soon enough.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Holy $#!? those scores. If this sinks its teeth into me like DS3 did, I may never be seen again.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
I have a 3080 and a I9 10900KF, and im gonna have to get the PS4 version to play it on a PS5 to get better performance?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
This might be GOTY but when we still possibly have GOW Ragnarok and BOTW2 releasing this year it really is too early to say that. People thought RDR2 and GTA5 would dominate GOTY too b/c they had a 97/98

It does confirm one thing, if both of these games (plus Starfield and others) come out this year, then 2022 will be the greatest year in gaming history. And it won't even be remotely fucking close.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
GOTG is a crossgen game, I guess crossgen isn't as bad as people think it is.
Cross gen never prevented a game from being good. It just limits a little bit how good the graphics can be. Most of the best games ever made are on limited hardware by today's standards. Many of the best games ever made have mediocre framerate, pop-in, etc.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
www.fanbyte.com

Where is Fanbyte's Elden Ring Review?

The latest From Software opus is an extremely long and dense game, so we need some more time for a review. Until then, here's our thoughts.

If Dark Souls is the Super Mario World of this Souls genre, then Elden Ring is its Super Mario 64.

Tony Montana

Oct 27, 2017
I had a strong feeling this would be a generation defining game. It's been awhile since I was this excited for a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.