• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Final predictions?

• GOAT

Votes: 260 23.3%
  • 95-99

Votes: 269 24.1%
  • 90-94

Votes: 388 34.8%
  • 85-90

Votes: 160 14.3%
  • Below 85

Votes: 38 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Wow - wasn't planning on getting this as I suck at these games but these scores are eye opening at least.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
INNOVATIVE / BOLD Game Design & World building is always the way to create genre defining games.

Gaming is really the most creative & best entertainment ever.

So glad that Bloodborne make me love soulsgames, Before we have both Japan & Western to make these groundbreaking games, now Japan lead the way !

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So not only it is a great Souls game, it also nails the open world despite some peoples fears in here

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Holy scores... I might have to go for this one...

Has any reviews mentioned how this would be for a non-initiated souls fan?

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
I planned on playing this throughout the year, guess it'll be my only game this year :)

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018
Predicted 95 on the prediction thread... Feels like it might end up even higher... PRAISE!

Last edited:

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Okay, get me into that time capsula to Friday RIGHT NOW!

I expected a low 90s score, but this screams early GOTG contender. Wow!

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
IGN 10/10:

www.ign.com

Elden Ring Review - IGN

Elden Ring is a massive iteration on what FromSoftware began with the Souls series, bringing its relentlessly challenging combat to an incredible open world that gives us the freedom to choose our own path.

RockPaperShotgun:
That's the thing about Elden Ring, its open world has your back, in its own - often painful - way. Souls has always been about inching through claustrophobic corridors and bashing your skull against whatever's in the way. You compare foreheads with friends, "Look at this bruise Barry, that's me five hours in". And Barry would probably peel his hair back and reveal the exact same bruise. Adventures in past Souls games tend to line up, as you're all wandering down the same pathways. But that's not the case with Elden Ring. You might show your bruise to Barry and he'll peel his hair back to reveal a scar or a massive indent or a tattoo of a mouse tustling with a skeleton. Both of may be five hours in but you'll be on totally different trajectories. No matter how hostile the game's world may be, it pushes you to succeed and carve out your own adventures. It is, by far, the most encouraging Souls yet.

www.rockpapershotgun.com

Elden Ring review: an unmissable journey through the most impressive open world to date

Elden Ring is an action-RPG with an open world that's not only incredibly rich, but pushes you to succeed in so many br…

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Live footage of publishers going after FromSoftware

vJZrq5b.gif

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to be able to play this for a couple of weeks. The wait is gonna be unbearable :(

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
God damn, have they managed to somehow raise the bar even further? Didn't think I could get more excited, glad I took some time off.

Akusar

Oct 27, 2017
Does any review talk about the last gen versions? Wish i could play this game on a PS5 with high fps :(

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
Didn't expect high 90s but glad to see it. Hopefully the PC version isn't the dumpster fire it impressions have made it seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.