• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Racist? Mediocre japanese developers are well known for bad habits programming videogames such as syncing physics to framerate and such in this very gen.

Good japanese developers on the other hand are able to do black magic like the RE Engine. I dont't see racism here. Too much thin skin, that's for sure.

Others have already responded but yeah I'm referring to the use "JAP" which has extremely racist history/connotation.

PowerK

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User banned (1 month): Dismissing concerns of racial terms, hostility toward other members, account in junior phase
Are you fucking serious? I sure hope that is an acronym for something I'm not aware of and you're not just casually dropping racist shit like that...
Yes. I'm serious.
JAPAN = can be abbreviated to JAP
KOREA = can be abbreviated to KOR
Don't derail the thread and stick to the game. Shove politics up your behind.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I'm serious.
JAPAN = can be abbreviated to JAP
KOREA = can be abbreviated to KOR
Don't derail the thread and stick to the game. Shove politics up your behind.

writingexplained.org

What is the Abbreviation for Japan? - Writing Explained

Japan abbreviation. Find the common abbreviations of Japan and other English words at Writing Explained. The most common way to Japan is...

Honestly, I never realized this was even considered racist as well. I think the abbreviation JAP has been thrown around in the States sometimes even in media since I was kid. Maybe I am wrong? I don't think your intent was meant to be disparaging. I guess we know now and can use the below instead:
  • JP
  • JPN

PowerK

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ok. Let me rephrase.
Well.. that's what happens when you give these mediocre "JP" developers (close to) metal access.

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
This is the only thing that has really minimized my stutters. I still get a few but not so bad.

Special K
SE22.3.5-NOCEGUI
==============
+ Reduced D3D12 Copy Command Allocator overhead in Elden Ring
+ Testing alternate Thread Pool scheduling to fix 'EzWorkPool' dumping all
of its threads onto core 0/2 in Elden Ring

>> Set [SpecialK.System] GameOutput=false to opt-in

* Consult the Thread Widget to confirm 'Ez...' threads are being
distributed to different CPU cores.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Weird as fuck. When I start the game, or die and return to a Grace, I will be a the 70-80ms frametime garbage. If I simply Alt-Tab out of the game, then back in, it drops down to a perfect 16ms at 60fps with zero stutters, and stays that way until I die again, after which I repeat the process ad nauseum as I die a lot.

Why would that even work? I'm glad it does but it's just straight up bizarre. So I guess I have to recommend other people see if that works for them? I dunno.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
Weird as fuck. When I start the game, or die and return to a Grace, I will be a the 70-80ms frametime garbage. If I simply Alt-Tab out of the game, then back in, it drops down to a perfect 16ms at 60fps with zero stutters, and stays that way until I die again, after which I repeat the process ad nauseum as I die a lot.

Why would that even work? I'm glad it does but it's just straight up bizarre. So I guess I have to recommend other people see if that works for them? I dunno.
I wonder if that's related to an issue I was hit with a few days back. I could load into the game, and it'd run fine until I died, or tried to fast travel. Then it'd hang on the loading screen. I had to verify the game files to get rid of that.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017

I had a similar issue with Outer Wilds on PC, the performance would seemingly at random become extremely choppy and stay like that no matter what until I alt-tabbed out of the game and back in. Was like that when it first released, and was still like that when I played the expansion many updates and patches later.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I wonder if that's related to an issue I was hit with a few days back. I could load into the game, and it'd run fine until I died, or tried to fast travel. Then it'd hang on the loading screen. I had to verify the game files to get rid of that.
I had a similar issue with Outer Wilds on PC, the performance would seemingly at random become extremely choppy and stay like that no matter what until I alt-tabbed out of the game and back in. Was like that when it first released, and was still like that when I played the expansion many updates and patches later.

It's happening right now in Stormveil Castle; the game loads in and I'm a 60fps/16-17ms, I walk around for a bit, open an Imp Statue and suddenly it drops to 44-47fps and ~75ms frametimes. I alt-tab and it goes back to perfect performance.

From pls.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately my 2070 Super can't quite keep up at 1440p throughout the second zone, especially as I get further up north. Performance goes as low as ~40-45fps. Feels bad. :*(

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017

Maybe the game window is losing focus for some reason and alt tabbing away then back again temporarily restores its focus?

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Getting soooo annoyed at the fact that when I quit the game it just takes about 5 minutes for the game to actually fully stop running?
Dang does it really take that long for you? I know it's not ideal but it takes about 15-20 seconds for the game to fully close out after exiting on my end, weird that it does that but it's not that big of deal for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Getting soooo annoyed at the fact that when I quit the game it just takes about 5 minutes for the game to actually fully stop running?

Thought I was the only one, takes at least 30 seconds to a minute for it to actually close. Extremely annoying. Quitting the game in general is such a slog, since you have to sit through the splash screens get back to the title screen, then log back into the server, JUST to press quit. With the save corruptions/losses I don't want to just alt-f4, but it's so tempting.

BrunOz

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Same thing here and it's kind of annoying. I wonder if From Software will ever be able to fix most (if not all) of the annoying issues with the PC port and when since they've announced a Ray Tracing update before of all things.

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
Same thing here and it's kind of annoying. I wonder if From Software will ever be able to fix most (if not all) of the annoying issues with the PC port and when since they've announced a Ray Tracing update before of all things.
On this subject, I think it will be Ray traced sun shadows that get added to the game as it's the games weakest point. That's if it ends up happening.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
I keep getting this very annoying stuttering, like when i face a boss, after a while the gane freeze for 1 and hald second, then unfreeze for a moment and then freeze for half a second, then it repeats every 1 or 2 minutes i put every thing on low and same problem.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I went through Leyndell today and had to turn the game off and come back a few hours later
My 3080 was chugging at 50 or so fps with the stutters, by far the worst showing this game has had for me in 50 hours

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
I've been lucky enough not to encounter any stuttering. Over my 7 hours of play so far, I've only seen it stutter once, and it was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it thing that lasted a fraction of a second outside of combat, which could be caused by anything.

It's a brand new, very powerful computer, though (i7 12700K, 64 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3090, Windows 11.). But based on what people were saying, I expected the game to stutter no matter the computer.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Whose idea was it to bind 'camera reset' and 'lock-on target' to the same key confg, with no option of divorce?

I want to have words with this person.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Some people just can't notice stuttering somehow, it's there for everyone lol. My mind has adjusted to it somewhat tho

Rain is annoying, sometimes it drops me to the mid 50s at 4k with a 3080 and i99900k

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So if the patch doesn't come out tomorrow, it's not gonna come out this week I guess.
At least the timing makes it seem like it's a bigger one than before.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I feel like I'm one of the lucky ones. I get some minor stuttering from time to time but that's about it. I haven't had those horrible freeze stutters where the game just hangs for a few seconds, I haven't had invisible enemies, I haven't crashed even once, had no issues using my DS4 etc.

I run it at 1440p max settings and it stays at 60 fps most of the time.

R5 3600
16Gb RAM

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
The game hanging on closing is actually the game crashing in the end. Check Windows Event Viewer people.
Well, the user wants to quit the game. Mission accomplished, right?

While we're on the topic, though, I would like to see them add a direct "Quit to Desktop" option from inside the game. I hate just being kicked back to the menu, just to have to go back into the menu, wait for it to connect and all that jazz, before finally exiting the game. This has always been a nitpick of mine with From's games.

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
I went to play right now and Steam just won't recognize any of my controllers all of a sudden. Any idea why that would happen? Tried a PS4 controller and a PS5.

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Not directly tied to PC performance but has anyone noticed a significant drop off in the reliability of actually being able to play co-op on PC?

It worked great for me for the first four or five days, both in terms of being able to summon people and also to leave my summon sign down and help someone with a boss. But ever since that first window of time it's been non-stop "A connection error occured. Returning to your world" error message whenever I've tried to help as a summon, or invaded.

It's also lead to a few nasty hard crashes to desktop when the connection dropped. It's really frustrating as helping out as a phantom is one of my favorite parts of these games, and I also wanted to farm up some rune arcs. Hoping it gets better with a patch.

Stimpack

Oct 27, 2017
I've been lucky enough not to encounter any stuttering. Over my 7 hours of play so far, I've only seen it stutter once, and it was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it thing that lasted a fraction of a second outside of combat, which could be caused by anything.

It's a brand new, very powerful computer, though (i7 12700K, 64 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3090, Windows 11.). But based on what people were saying, I expected the game to stutter no matter the computer.
3080, i9, 64 gigs. 50 hours in. It doesn't stutter all the time, but sometimes it happens often and for like 10 minutes. It could very easily get me killed in a fight, and it's my only issue with the game so far. Very unfortunate.

XBlade

Oct 26, 2017
Not directly tied to PC performance but has anyone noticed a significant drop off in the reliability of actually being able to play co-op on PC?

It worked great for me for the first four or five days, both in terms of being able to summon people and also to leave my summon sign down and help someone with a boss. But ever since that first window of time it's been non-stop "A connection error occured. Returning to your world" error message whenever I've tried to help as a summon, or invaded.

It's also lead to a few nasty hard crashes to desktop when the connection dropped. It's really frustrating as helping out as a phantom is one of my favorite parts of these games, and I also wanted to farm up some rune arcs. Hoping it gets better with a patch.
Yes, this constantly happens when I try to play with my brother and we live in the same house!

Sep 21, 2019
I don't want to lose all the messages tho :(

I felt the same way, but quite frankly, the messages this time around are really souring my experience.

I enter a cave with a woman on her knees with both hands nailed into a wall. She speaks out in agony and screams in pain about the people who hurt her.

The closest message is a message about using her mouth for a hole with a thrust motion phantom that plays in perpetuity.

Another nearby message is the classic "try finger, but hole."

A third measage states, "opportunity ahead," which I assume is also about rape.

And a fourth and final message in the room is another overt rape joke.

I'm now playing offline and loving it. Fuck these rape jokes and stupid, degrading humor bullshit. It just isn't funny. It's savage.

Unlike the other Souls games, this world feels so alive, and I don't feel the need to see white phantoms, blood stains, and messages everywhere for the world to have more "life." Especially if the added flair consists of rape jokes, toilet humor, and bullshit.

I do miss helping people defeat bosses, but fuck it.

I love my no-compass mod as well as unlocking the framerate and extending the LODs.

Last edited: