• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Not having stutters at 4k max but it starts at 60 fps and slowly creeps down to around 54 fps. Weird

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
Ryzen 5800X
2x8GB RAM 3800Mhz
RTX 3060Ti

Game is okay, I think it's playable but really not ideal. I had a couple of times where the game basically got me killed when I was messing about with the Tree Sentinel. Hopefully, it gets patched quickly. I think G-Sync is maybe making it better than it is.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
I've just beat Margit and only now am I running into the occasional stutter - where the game will drop to 40fps for half a second at best. Still haven't run into anything major.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Have a 3080 and i9 9900k but the Stutters aren't as bad as I expected. They are there and need to be looked at but doesn't seem as nightmarish as some others.

Only 16 gbs of ram

I have the exact same system i9 9900k and RTX 3080. I don't think having more ram (32GB instead 16GB) is going to change anything at this point. Time to fire this up and give it a try.

Reektan

Oct 30, 2017
Gamepad is working now - I remembered I had a USB flight stick plugged in too. Pulled it and now it works. Saw this on the big thread on the steam forums about it.

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
Can't get my Xbox series controller working (via bluetooth). The button prompts show but that's about it.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I have the exact same system i9 9900k and RTX 3080. I don't think having more ram (32GB instead 16GB) is going to change anything at this point. Time to fire this up and give it a try.
Yeah I was wrong definite issues with Stutters and intermittent drops. Fine most of the time but real issues that need to be looked at. More than playable but yeah

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017

Kobra_Zer0

Oct 27, 2017
After playing some more yeah this is pretty damn bad, i don't think i can play it like this. I'm seriously considering locking the FPS to 30 to get a much smoother experience and hope that they manage to fix this damn port.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I've been through the tutorial area and run around the open world a bit and only noticed one big stutter so far that seems to happen every time I go up the stairs where you drop back down, if there's been anything else it's been minor

Manzoli

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
So reading through this thread, how the fuck did any game journalist play through this game and NOT notice all the issues? How the hell is something like the game crashing or not recognizing a freakin' controller acceptable? Not to mention the frame rate going apeshit. Stutters can literally mean the difference between life and death in the game. did these people even play the same game as the general public?

Honestly feels like cyberpunk 2077.

TrueHero

Feb 24, 2018
God a big part of me wishes this didn't use easy anti cheat, sounding like the dream of mods like cinders getting made eventually are out of the picture with no way to play offline

romey

Mar 2, 2020
I don't own the game. But I'm tired of these highly anticipated games coming out with performance issues.

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
The game should natively support Xbox pads. Try turning off all of steams's controller configs. So then the controller is only using the native xinput driver. And not using steam for any control over your controllers.

For Playstation controllers, try doing the same----but then using something like DS4 windows to emulate xinput.
This didn't work unless I'm doing it incorrectly.

Urðr

Aug 13, 2020
Apparently my GTX 1050ti + 16gb of RAM should be able to run the game at 30fps, even with the current messy patch. Phew...

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I have 40 minutes of time left to play this on Steam in order to decide if I want to refund or not.

I have stutter every single time I move my camera really fast.

i7 9750H & RTX 3060TI @ 1080p
16GB DDR4 and Samsung SSD

This should not be happening.

Gonan try to switch to my 1650 MaxQ and drop the settings just to see if anything changes. I don't care if it's potato at this point. I just want to be able to MOVE WITHOUT STUTTER.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Spoke too soon I guess. Performance took a nose dive for me in the last half hour, so I decided to look around and I swear some of the more severe hitches seem to coincide with spikes in network throughput. I am pretty sure the anti-cheat code is at least in part responsible for the stutters. Shader cache stuttering is one thing, but this game seems to be running checks of some sort in the background and while it waits for a response, it freezes momentarily.

Yeah when I was getting pauses in that little dungeon, it felt like I was playing an online game with bad network congestion. It was like it would pause for a second and then speed up to catch up. The game isn't using too much of my PC resources from what I can tell. I have a feeling this anti-cheat software may play a part in this.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
runs pretty smooth locked 60 (i hate stutter judder and all that shit, bloodborne ...) in 4k max settings with a 3080ti and 12900k. only stutter i had was running up the stairs after doing the tutorial. no drops in boss fights either
I don't know how. I am running a 3090 with a 10700k on a Sammy 980 Pro and it's a stuttering mess for me. I even went fully offline by disabling my wifi.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Not to contradict anyone else's experience since clearly there's a problem, but with an i5 12400 + 2060 @ 1440p it's pretty much a constant 60 with max settings for me.

It's just the starting area of the open world and I don't have the horse yet to zoom around everywhere, but so far, so good.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
So after ~2 hours I've definitely had some stutters here and there but its not severe enough to make the game unplayable. No hard pauses yet. I did leave it on "High" settings and its running pretty much locked 60. Next play session I plan to bump up to maximum to see how it runs. If it doesnt get any worst than this then I'd have no problem getting through the whole game with the amount of stutters I've seen so far.

My rig: 3080. 5800x, 32GB ram, 1440p, Win 11.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
Game runs in an acceptable state for my old machine. Under min specs with an i5-4690k and the game works! So I'm happy with that.

Some noticeable stutters in the overworld, but no freezes or crashes so far, and nothing game breaking.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
GMG will 100% not refund that. Any cdkey site won't once you use your key.

they absolutely did when I had them refund my destiny 2 witch queen purchase (which I had already applied to my steam account) when they came out with an even better sale like a week later. They contacted steam and removed it from my account and i repurchased.

If they dont refund me i will fucking charge back. i am that fucking upset right now. I dont care if i never buy games on gmg again.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
i7-6700k
16g ram
windows 10
playing at 1080p

Even with everything on low or off, can't get to 60fps at the first save point in the open world... yet Dying Light 2, open world, max settings (non ray traced), 60fps 99.9% of the time.

Load stutter there even in the tutorial area, didn't freeze on the tutorial boss godrick or whatever. Guess I'll be waiting on a huge price drop on the PS4 version to play on my PS5, to get 1080p 60fps, later this year.

Edit: It's odd people are having issues with xbox controllers. Using Xbox Series X controller with wifi dongle, zero issues, I don't use steams configurations for controllers, I don't have any of those boxes checked. Are you folks using bluetooth with xbox controllers?

Last edited:

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Not to contradict anyone else's experience since clearly there's a problem, but with an i5 12400 + 2060 @ 1440p it's pretty much a constant 60 with max settings for me.

It's just the starting area of the open world and I don't have the horse yet to zoom around everywhere, but so far, so good.

NO STUTTERS? oops caps

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
So reading through this thread, how the fuck did any game journalist play through this game and NOT notice all the issues? How the hell is something like the game crashing or not recognizing a freakin' controller acceptable? Not to mention the frame rate going apeshit. Stutters can literally mean the difference between life and death in the game. did these people even play the same game as the general public?
Yeah, so far for me from a technical perspective it's been legitimately worse than Pokemon Legends Arceus, Battlefield 2042, and Cyberpunk 2042 all were at launch.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
RX 570 4GB
16GB RAM

1080p, High settings

I'm getting 40fps~ in the initial open world area, it gets closer to 60 in enclosed spaces. It's playable enough. Putting shit in medium doesn't make much of a difference, so it doesn't matter.

It really has no business struggling with performance to be honest, this game is no looker. Image quality is horrendous, there's some weird sharpening filter or something.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
RX 570 4GB
16GB RAM

1080p, High settings

I'm getting 40fps~ in the initial open world area, it gets closer to 60 in enclosed spaces. It's playable enough. Putting shit in medium doesn't make much of a difference, so it doesn't matter.

It really has no business struggling with performance to be honest, this game is no looker. Image quality is horrendous, there's some weird sharpening filter or something.

Do you have the AMD sharpening turned on? I think often it does help, but in this game it's too much. Better keeping it off.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Win10
2080S
16GB RAM @ 3300MHz
installed on a SATA SSD
1440p w/gsync

crazy stutter when i try to fight one of the first dudes you see in the open world.
tree sentinel[

Nyteshade517

Oct 25, 2017
10700KF
3060 Ti
16GB 3600mhz RAM
1080p/Max Settings
Windows 10
G-Sync Compatible monitor with G-Sync enabled

Played for a couple hours through the tutorial area and ran around some in the initial open world part/almost through a mini-dungeon. I'm playing with the game set to Offline Mode so I dunno if that's made any difference. For me it's ran pretty smooth 99% of the time. It's had a stutter at times with the only repeatable one being going up the stairs beside the hole you drop down in the tutorial area. I think it stuttered and dropped frames noticeably one other time but I can't remember where or what I was doing.

I've also seen people say that the Xbox Series X controller won't work wirelessly. I'm using the Wireless Adapter For Windows 10 and I've had zero issues. I do have Bluetooth also but I haven't tried on that.

The weird thing I've seen is that when the game launches it seems to make my display get a bit washed out which is fixed once I exit & also when I do exit it takes the game a really long time to actually end.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
OK, I played for an hour. Awesome game so far. I haven't had a single technical problem except a very small stutter when I first entered the open world area. Otherwise zero issues.

I've got a 3060 ti. The thing is, I have 48 GB RAM which is a comical amount of RAM. I feel like the RAM is helping me here. I also had zero issue with the FF7 Remake port, which for 99% of people was a stuttery mess. My wife bought it for me and I played the entire game from beginning to end with no technical problems the entire time.

I haven't fought the Tree Sentinel yet, maybe he'll make me stutter.