• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
i suppose they meant, the part that has 2 or 3 tree avatars and like 5 revenants and all the cleanrot knights

Had to bump up heal just for killing the revenants...

Outside the teleporting Banoshed Knights of Castle Sol, that might have been the most frustrating non-boss stretch of the entire game

Actually now that I think about it, clearing basically the entire courtyard of Stormveil castle backwards, from the omen back towards the main gate, might have been worse at the time.

GetLuffy

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 19, 2022

i suppose they meant, the part that has 2 or 3 tree avatars and like 5 revenants and all the cleanrot knights

Are you talking about the pavilion with the Erdtree Avatar and all the archers/ballista turrets?
There's a site of grace directly behind the Avatar that you can sneak to from a path above and then cheese the Avatar if you want.
Correct, also I meant to ask as a battle mage who runs moonveil as main. Been busy at my new job so haven't had a chance to check in since the update dropped or really take in the changes yet.

Oct 28, 2017
Stone shield
seems like easy mode for me.
I take 0 reduction in stamina after massive hits with the shield up and the correct talisman.
Enemies that used to be quite challenging are a push over now.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Yeah I'm kind at that point too.

I keep ending up with like 20k souls I don't want to lose on a boss. Been running through cleaning up tombs I didn't hit before, etc. But a lot of those are giving me like 4k souls or whatever. I need about 40k for a level.

Even most bosses right now aren't giving a level of souls that is useful.
It's kinda wild how little some of the bosses give in the areas before Leyndell. Limgrave/Weeping Peninsula makes sense to get a lower amount. But certain parts of Caelid, Altus and Mt. Gelmir only giving 12-15K? That's silly.

Those three rot crystal fools in Caelid? Those fools are worth at least 50K for their nonsense

I'm ~80 with the Capital up next, I've cleaned up most of the tombs and the Siofra river areas I can get to (including the Nokron area).
One of the bosses on my "to kill" list is that ancestor spirit but that means going to that stupid river with those stupid magic snipers.

If it was one of those that did me in, I reckon I'd just quit

shadoclone

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Each group member now contributes more to team effectivity which means they don't spend all their time simultaneously slamming you.

I meant why is it notable that Godskin Duo and Crucible Knights weren't listed.

Also I was watching a stream and I dunno if this is anyone else's experience, but Elden Beast doesn't even seem to do it's ring attacks anymore, which is pretty dumb, and also makes it even more likely that it's an unintentional change.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
So is it just me or is malenia much harder now? I defeated her pre update and just spent an hour trying to help people and it seems she's healing... way more? like she's not even hitting anything but still healing?!

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
So is it just me or is malenia much harder now? I defeated her pre update and just spent an hour trying to help people and it seems she's healing... way more? like she's not even hitting anything but still healing?!
I think they probably did something to adjust for latency in co-op play, but as a side effect Malenia's healing got messed up.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, her self healing mechanic broke with the latest patch. She self heals even if you i-frame an attack. The only way for her attacks to not self heal is if they miss you entirely.

Hopefully that gets fixed soon, because that's blatantly overpowered.

Last edited:

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Sounds li

Yes, her self healing mechanic broke with the latest patch. She self heals even if you i-frame an attack. The only way for her attacks to not self heal is if they miss you entirely.

Hopefully that gets fixed soon, because that's blatantly overpowered.
This only happens if you're summoning, she isn't any harder otherwise (I believe?).

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Good lord, the colossal blade is an upgrade on every single stat to the katana I'm wielding, but as a samurai I refuse to switch it out due to aesthetics and how slow the blade is.

Now I guess I'm Guts.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Oh no, I haven't even reached her yet but am pretty close. Don't do this to me looooooooool.

Good lord, the colossal blade is an upgrade on every single stat to the katana I'm wielding, but as a samurai I refuse to switch it out due to aesthetics and how slow the blade is.

Now I guess I'm Guts.
Join the Colossal gang, that isn't even the most incredible weapon in the class.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Which weapon you rocking? I'm using ruins Greatsword.
Ruins all day here too, these 1.04 buffs made it an even better pick. More FP, more stamina, faster swings, faster recovery, damn From right when banging my head against the Valiant Gargoyle duo was making me question speedrunning 50 levels into STR.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
No fix for the mausoleum glitch. The one near Sol Castle still doesn't work for me :(

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
+1 to Ruins Greatsword. I used that for majority of my melee build, haven't tried it in 1.04.

That + the upped damage to jump attacks charm and you can just spam jump heavy attacks the entire games, so I never really used ground R2's the entire game, even if the Ruins has the nice spikes from the charged R2. Might try it out on the new patch see how it feels.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
Each group member now contributes more to team effectivity which means they don't spend all their time simultaneously slamming you.

This is interesting because I could swear all of these boss fights already behaved this way. The Crystalian trio is a pain for sure, but it's obvious that they "took turns" to a degree that group encounters out in the wild didn't.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
+1 to Ruins Greatsword. I used that for majority of my melee build, haven't tried it in 1.04.

That + the upped damage to jump attacks charm and you can just spam jump heavy attacks the entire games, so I never really used ground R2's the entire game, even if the Ruins has the nice spikes from the charged R2. Might try it out on the new patch see how it feels.

Jumping heavy attack has become second nature to me because I used it the whole game lol. I've been mixing things up after the patch and it does feel a bit quicker in the recovery for sure. Don't sleep on that two handed charged L2. It does massive damage and works wonders for crowd control. I'm currently at 99 strength with ruins GS at +10. With S scaling it's an absolute beast.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The recovery and activation for Moonlight Greatsword feel great now. For really fast enemies its still tight (it should be) but otherwise its fast enough to dodge potential punishers.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I noticed that while soloing her last morning. I guess I truly beat her.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I'm happy they fixed the thing where certain story related invaders don't spawn if you killed the area boss before finding them.

On the other hand I just got to Malenia on my first playthrough and uhh not great.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I'm happy they fixed the thing where certain story related invaders don't spawn if you killed the area boss before finding them.

Anastasia still doesn't invade in the consecrated snowfield for me because apparently I killed the tree mini boss too soon... I'm missing an Ancient Somber stone.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Anastasia still doesn't invade in the consecrated snowfield for me because apparently I killed the tree mini boss too soon... I'm missing an Ancient Somber stone.
Oh well that sucks. The guy at church of Repose spawned for me after the patch and I saw a friend of mine also get an invasion to work that wasn't working for them before so I assume they just toggled some weird condition that was set for those invasions.

The NPC progression in general is just not great. I've been trying to organically do some of the NPC questlines without looking up guides but then when I finally look them up it appears that the NPCs just weren't showing up for me in certain locations. This is probably because I will often "activate" a Grace without sitting at it and then travel forward? I dunno how to explain it but I'm at Malenia and I have not met Millicent after Altus Plateau.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is interesting because I could swear all of these boss fights already behaved this way. The Crystalian trio is a pain for sure, but it's obvious that they "took turns" to a degree that group encounters out in the wild didn't.

Other than the spear one which basically indefinitely does that hopping poke move to whoever it aggros, the other two don't have any gap closer moves. They're usually swinging at the air if you're far from them.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone else faced issues with having the Sanguine Noble invader spawning in the Consecrated Snowfield area next to those large trees? I was never invaded by him, and I'm pretty damn sure I explored his spawn area before killing off any bosses in those areas.

Not sure what his trigger is, but I would've hoped this patch would fix it.

Deleted member 11086

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 16, 2022
Other than the spear one which basically indefinitely does that hopping poke move to whoever it aggros, the other two don't have any gap closer moves. They're usually swinging at the air if you're far from them.
The other two have ranged moves that unless you get lucky and the aggro and ash all they do us spam spells or the boomerang the other one has.

The two trio fights almost made me quit the game. They were clearly made to be fought with others. But they put the fights in side dungeons where almost no one puts their signs down.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone else faced issues with having the Sanguine Noble invader spawning in the Consecrated Snowfield area next to those large trees? I was never invaded by him, and I'm pretty damn sure I explored his spawn area before killing off any bosses in those areas.

Not sure what his trigger is, but I would've hoped this patch would fix it.
As far as I know you need to be near the warpstone near that area for them to invade.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The other two have ranged moves that unless you get lucky and the aggro and ash all they do us spam spells or the boomerang the other one has.

The two trio fights almost made me quit the game. They were clearly made to be fought with others. But they put the fights in side dungeons where almost no one puts their signs down.

Here I am wondering why people are struggling with them after beating every single crystalian fight in one try with two different characters.

All you need is to break their superarmor shell with a few jumping R2s. You almost have to be asleep to get ganged up by the duos or trios.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020

The tweet is saying this patch made it more likely that they take turns instead of attacking simultaneously. The possibility of them taking turns already existed, but previously the chance of them taking turns was lower because two group members were allowed—not guaranteed—to be at full aggression. The Crystalians (and others?) have an additional modification based on range to the player.

Additional posts on the Crucible Knight and Godskin duos-

Also: Valiant Gargoyles behavior has not been changed.

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Gotta say it's pretty disappointing to see footage of the de-aggro'd bosses like the Crystallian Trio. The whole point of them being a trio is that they're an overwhelming force that you have to manage. The other two hanging out across the room while their friend stabs the air is a bit of letdown.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
The tweet is saying this patch made it more likely that they take turns instead of attacking simultaneously. The possibility of them taking turns already existed, but previously the chance of them taking turns was lower because two group members were allowed (not guaranteed) to be at full aggression. The Crystalians have an additional modification based on range to the player.

I could've used this change about two aneurysms ago.

RIP in piss indeed, putrid trio.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
I will say I fought the Erdtree Avatar duo last night and they still seemed plenty aggressive, but I'm not sure what other Avatar variant these AI tweaks could apply to. It was also a co-op situation and co-op enemy behavior is kinda weird right now.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
I don't get what people's problem was with Elden Beast, got it in 2 tries. The Radahan/EB combo was one of the best fights at the end of a souls game for me.

Just gonna type that out in the open like everybody has finished this huge ass game huh? SMDH. I did not need to know that!

Icarian

May 9, 2018
She invaded me at nighttime, maybe that's it? This was after I had cleared the whole area incl tree mini boss

Sadly this isn't it, checked right now at nighttime and she still doesn't invade, also checked her previous locations just in case and nada :<.

I didn't have a problem with my first character, kind of a bummer missing on an ancient stone due to a glitch.

Booshka

Banned
May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
Gotta say it's pretty disappointing to see footage of the de-aggro'd bosses like the Crystallian Trio. The whole point of them being a trio is that they're an overwhelming force that you have to manage. The other two hanging out across the room while their friend stabs the air is a bit of letdown.
It kind of proves what a lot of people were saying early on. Balancing the game around spirit ash and coop summons was not a great move. Now they have to retune a lot of fights but the core design is still the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.