• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad the 11k runes farm every 30 seconds or so is still available.

Damn they patched out the Palace Approach Ledge-Road cliff cheese for 118k runes every 2 minutes.

This one still available

youtu.be

ELDEN RING Runes Glitch after 1.04 Patch. 370k Per jump. NG+

ELDEN RING Runes Glitch after 1.04 Patch. 370k Per jump. NG+Back at the spot again. Again. And yes this still works after the new patch today 1.04

ajoshi

Sep 11, 2021
Greatshields are hit by quite a nerf with the shield talisman. The finger shield no longer provides 0 stamina loss. It's still really good, but stamina loss is felt with major bosses.

I can't help but feel FromSoft are nerfing PVE hard with swarm of flies, finger shield, and all past nerfs.

What? I never used the talisman with the finger shield and I felt 89 guard was lenient, you can tank through any boss combo and still have like half your stamina bar left. This is one of the cheesiest single pieces of equipment ever implemented in Soulsborne, and thats without getting into PvP or the fact that is a pretty optimal blunt weapon against watchdogs and the like w/shield crash

Havent tried flies yet since patch

Red

Oct 26, 2017
flies still seem fine to me. they are slightly less effective but are still capable of taking out bosses all on their own. it's a good change.

ajoshi

Sep 11, 2021
Damn they patched out the Palace Approach Ledge-Road cliff cheese for 118k runes every 2 minutes.

I put each method to 10 min trials

Cheesing bird off cliff (bow at grace): 600k over 10 min
Killing just one set of albinaurics with one Wave of Gold and immediately running back: 1.7m
Killing all albinaurics in that section and also pulling bird off cliff (Wave of Gold->Rock spell to hit bird->Wave of Gold): 1.3m

the wave of gold/radahn sword method on just one grouping of albinaurics is the fastest and still doable (even slightly faster since Wave of Gold's cast speed was buffed)

Last edited:

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
People argued in several threads about how easy it is to find the tutorial cave, despite many of us missing it. Looks like From listened. This is a good change. I hope they take it to heart, and frankly apply even more of these types of UX lessons for Elden Ring 2.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Beat Elden Beast for the third time tonight, this time post-patch. It definitely stayed put for a lot longer than it used to, but it still jumped away and I got to see all of its usual attacks. It's a good change imo, the fight felt less frustrating and dull from endless running but it certainly doesn't just sit there either.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
People argued in several threads about how easy it is to find the tutorial cave, despite many of us missing it. Looks like From listened. This is a good change. I hope they take it to heart, and frankly apply even more of these types of UX lessons for Elden Ring 2.

Slowly but surely they're learning.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I put each method to 10 min trials

Cheesing bird off cliff (bow at grace): 600k over 10 min
Killing just one set of albinaurics with one Wave of Gold and immediately running back: 1.7m
Killing all albinaurics in that section and also pulling bird off cliff (Wave of Gold->Rock spell to hit bird->Wave of Gold): 1.3m

the wave of gold/radahn sword method on just one grouping of albinaurics is the fastest and still doable (even slightly faster since Wave of Gold's cast speed was buffed)

Agree with you for endgame, but midgame the Cliff cheese is enormously useful to bridge difficulty gaps since all of the cost is in simply getting to the location, rather than constantly trying to exploit jump mechanics (which is spotty at best and requires a lot of constant inputs) I'm really not sure I would have progressed as far as I have right now without it. I didn't know Radahn's sword could work for this, but that's not really usable on a mage build.

If cliff-cheese is gone, not really sure what the best farm is now? I guess just the falling ones?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

About time, there's really no need for the tutorial of all things to be as cheeky as that way.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017

Ha! The only reason I found that was because originally I went straight but the door said the game was still downloading. I was like, WTF was the point of that? However, that did teach me earlier on how the game likes to hide areas below your line of sight…

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
EB was fine pre-patch, and even the unavoidable damage wasn't really an issue. Just use the Physick Flask with Crimsonwhorl Bubbletear. You absorb all of the damage and basically skip the phase outright

Guess if you rely on the flask for your build/style then it's a little annoying though

Honestly, this could have been a bug that was always there.

I recorded footage of her doing a backstep dodge with no attack with which she healed a really big chunk off of.

EDIT: I timestamped it here (the 12min mark)

That's due to your Summons special effect wearing off. If I'm reading right, they now display the missing health as a gray bar instead.

I just went back to Redmane Castle after having missed out on the fight to get the Ruins Greatsword. The fight was there and I was able to get the sword. I wonder if they added a way to get the Bolt of Gransax if you miss it too.

That always came back, just needed to progress after beating Radahn. Gransax is still missable though, from the looks of it.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Ha! The only reason I found that was because originally I went straight but the door said the game was still downloading. I was like, WTF was the point of that? However, that did teach me earlier on how the game likes to hide areas below your line of sight…
I found it right away but I think it was because ghost dude seemed to be gawking in that direction? Idk it's been quite a while. Not a souls player btw.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

That pretty much settles the argument since FromSoft went out of their way to correct it.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Patches' quest is fully implemented, kind of surprised how rushed ER was, given the state of certain quests.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Their games always have a lot of cut content. I think I prefer some of it being added in later than just being forever a "what if".
The quests in ER that had to get stuff added to them were not left on dangling threads though, they just felt flat out incomplete in my view, particularly Patches and collectively the Limgrave Arc trio. Better late than never I suppose but it's an odd way for them to go about it if it's in any way intentional.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
It's honestly been long enough, I can't remember what he says at all. Kinda like all the ghosts ngl.

And that's the issue. The ghosts usually give cryptic narrative foreshadowing of future locations, which is fine.

But there's no real reason that the tutorial have to be that cryptic either.

That pretty much settles the argument since FromSoft went out of their way to correct it.

People have been excusing a lot of questionable design choices for a long time.

Their games always have a lot of cut content. I think I prefer some of it being added in later than just being forever a "what if".

I hate how some people just shrug and go "well maybe the moral of the story was that it was a pointless endeavor?"

Like come on, the questline is clearly incomplete.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
The quests in ER that had to get stuff added to them were not left on dangling threads though, they just felt flat out incomplete in my view, particularly Patches and collectively the Limgrave Arc trio. Better late than never I suppose but it's an odd way for them to go about it if it's in any way intentional.
Still feels incomplete. It just ends.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
The buff they gave to early points into Mind and Endurance were pretty huge for me. Pre-patch with my Mind at 15 (I'm a STR build) I was in the low 80s, now I'm at 95 which puts me like one or two points away from being able to use some of the Spirit Ashes I had pretty much given up on because they cost 100+. can also squeeze out 5+ Wave if Destructions from my Ruins Greatsword now if I chug some buffs.

My Endurance is at 35 and before my stamina was like 116-120 or something, now it's 136 which feels so substantial and gets even higher after a Rune Arc and the Wonderous Physick.

That stuff along with the Colossal weapon buff has me so happy right now. Holy shit From.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
I think I'm nearing the end of ER. Should i just wait until they rework the final boss back to pre 1.04 ? I really don't want to miss out on what other people have experienced with the final boss…

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm nearing the end of ER. Should i just wait until they rework the final boss back to pre 1.04 ? I really don't want to miss out on what other people have experienced with the final boss…

The final boss is incredible. Do it however you like tbh.
Its a combination of one of the best
1v1 human sized fights
into one of the best
Giant enemy fights
with some of the best audio-visual presentation in their whole game catalogue.

It really feels like FromSoft is finally figuring out Giant Enemy boss fights in this game too. Usually dread that type of thing in their games but this time
Rykard, Fire Giant, Astel, Elden Beast, Placidusax
are all good to great.

Can see how they're negating the camera issues and circle strafe jank that big enemies used to basically revolve around.
Rykard has lava around him and your weapon is super long range- negating the camera and strafe shit. The others have repositioning moves or they also float as to not clutter the screen. Fire Giant is the most awkward of them, but he's in a giant arena and he rolls away so it doesn't become too much of an ankle hacking fest (and you can use Torrent here).

Last edited:

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I'm playing a pure STR build with the Starscourge Greatsword. Took a break at Godskin Duo because I hate that boss. But I guess now is a good time to come back and try again.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021

You'd be missing out on absolutely nothing. The boss was boring, this nerf has done nothing to ruin the experience of fighting it other than making it about 20% less annoying. This is no Radahn nerf, the boss is still broadly the same.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
I beat Malenia first try, albeit with maxed out mimic tear, but I've been delaying the final two bosses as I scour the map for the rest of the legendary spells/armaments/talismans, etc. Kind of disappointing to hear they fucked over Elden Beast, I was hoping for a decent challenge

It's an exclusive club, welcome and congratulations, Tarnished! I, too, beat her in my first try with my RoB.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
EB was fine pre-patch, and even the unavoidable damage wasn't really an issue. Just use the Physick Flask with Crimsonwhorl Bubbletear. You absorb all of the damage and basically skip the phase outright

Didn't know that was a tear that was available... that's crazy. Surely only lasts a few seconds?

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Didn't even get to see how EB was changed 😭 after another half an hour I finally beat Radagon and got to EB and was instantly caught and killed in his fire when I ran in to attack him.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
1v1 human sized fights
into one of the best
Giant enemy fights

It really feels like FromSoft is finally figuring out Giant Enemy boss fights in this game too. Usually dread that type of thing in their games but this time
are all good to great.

Can see how they're negating the camera issues and circle strafe jank that big enemies used to basically revolve around.
Rykard has lava around him and your weapon is super long range- negating the camera and strafe shit. The others have repositioning moves or they also float as to not clutter the screen. Fire Giant is the most awkward of them, but he's in a giant arena and he rolls away so it doesn't become too much of an ankle hacking fest (and you can use Torrent here).

I agree with all of this, can't believe there are people that dislike the final bosses.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
I've been watching Elajjaz stream yesterday, and really they butchered EB. It's not that it's easier, he just spams melee attacks instead of his gazillion moves. It's just super boring.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Thank you everyone for the assurance.
1v1 human sized fights
into one of the best
Giant enemy fights

are all good to great.

Now I'm really looking forward to it!

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with all of this, can't believe there are people that dislike the final bosses.

It is functionally for all intents and purposes a singular boss with A LOT going on. The most enjoyable streams to watch have thus far been fighting game streamers like Max, Sajam, WoolieVS who interact with the systems in a very different way compared to most and talk about their game plan/strategy rather than complaining about all kinds of things or just following optimal wiki builds.

Thank you everyone for the assurance.

Now I'm really looking forward to it!

I haven't seen the "nerf" personally but I doubt it will make it much worse.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I can't either. They're all awesome. I think people just come in under leveled, want to rush to the end, and end up having a bad time

I can't speak for others, but for me it's the giant HP pools and the over-reliance on AoEs. The 'just strafe behind them' tactic has been an issue in their other games for sure and that needed to be tackled, but I also am not a fan of the keep away tactics that make the fights more annoying for largely melee-focused players like me. What it solves causes a different kind of annoyance that generally makes me enjoy the fights less than before.

There is also a string of other issues that have been becoming more common over each release, like the over-zealous tracking, the delayed attacks, the combos that have various mix-ups with very similar start-up animations, etc.

I totally get that some people thrive on this stuff, but I sure am not one of them. I preferred the balance they had before that made the fights in general a lot more entertaining for me. I don't envy them at all for trying to find a balance that pleases everyone.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Not too hard to do. Looks like on regular NG it does about 150k. Probably slower than that gold wave attack, but this jump can be done with any spec at any level.

Yeah and now gold wave has been enhanced so it's faster to use, By the time that horse glitch has worked I could have well over 600k runes or even more if I kill the bird and the enemies have frenzied eyes. Albeit I am on new game +4

Icarian

May 9, 2018

I've got to admin that I was in the camp of those who said that it wasn't really needed because the tutorial was easy to find for anyone that wanted to go through it, but I've been watching people who haven't played FROM games before and a good chunk of them would've missed it if it wasn't for the chat telling them about it. If you've played their games before you know what you're looking for and it can be kind of obvious what things are with a quick look, but for someone who hasn't seen it before, they might pay it no mind and just think it's a regular hole, also the camera points straight at the exit door when you gain control of your character.

I think this is a good way to go about it, don't make obnoxious glowing arrows or stuff like that, an extra simple pop up like the ones already in the game does the trick. I believe most of the pushback against adding stuff like this is not elitism but out of fear they might go overboard with it, sometimes it can be a very fine line between being too obtuse and being in your face.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I see people saying the bird farm got fixed, but I am still able to do it post-patch

we're talking about the one on the palace road approach, right?

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
I was yesterday at the final boss post patch on NG+4 and I can see phase 2 behaving as always? Was truly expecting some trivializing fight but it still ran around, ringed me and projectiled me to death?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I was yesterday at the final boss post patch on NG+4 and I can see phase 2 behaving as always? Was truly expecting some trivializing fight but it still ran around, ringed me and projectiled me to death?

It seems like it's behaviour is so random, for some people he still does a lot of his shit, for others he practically just melees.

It's possible that the AI can simply break.

Reminds me to the launch version Bloodborne bug, were putting the console in rest mode could bug bossea AI and skip some attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.