• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there are other conditions with Haight and the other two we don't know about yet. All three are alive, I'm seemingly at the appropriate step(s) for all three, all dialogue has been exhausted, and I've warped and/or rested at multiple spots and tried everything I can think of to get them to move, but they still won't.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there are other conditions with Haight and the other two we don't know about yet. All three are alive, I'm seemingly at the appropriate step(s) for all three, all dialogue has been exhausted, and I've warped and/or rested at multiple spots and tried everything I can think of to get them to move, but they still won't.

According to the wiki it has to be done before either
committing the first cardinal sin or more likely defeating Maliketh

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
I beat Radahn yesterday and then he gets nerfed today....doesn't that just figure, lol. I was stuck on him for like a week (took me forever because I stubbornly didn't want to summon the NPCs)...but it needed to be done and I look forward to seeing the difference firsthand next time around.

I am, however, bummed that I will never get to see the Mimic Tear in its original form. Just couldn't get that far before the patch.

I beat him yesterday as well, on my first try, I went straight for the NPC summons though lol

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
According to the wiki it has to be done before either
committing the first cardinal sin or more likely defeating Maliketh

I'm not sure what either of those things are, so I assume I'm fine. In fact, I've barely even been in Altus at all yet and I assume those things are beyond that point.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Mimic is still OP, beat
Lichdragon
first try with it and the Mimic was doing decent damage too.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Radhan is supposed to be after the Capital so the original makes sense.
I agree the nerf was unneeded but I don't think he was meant to be after the capital, you need to go to Caelid to get the 2nd half of the medallion to activate the lift. You can also use the precipice path of course, but yeah. I definitely beat Radahn way before even making it to the Altus Plateau, let alone the capital.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what either of those things are, so I assume I'm fine. In fact, I've barely even been in Altus at all yet and I assume those things are behind that point.
If you don't know what either of those things are, you probably have the opposite problem most people in that you aren't progressed far enough in the story yet. Most people have progressed too far and you're probably not far enough lol.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No. She gets a
nice happy ending

If you gave her the hawk ashes and did Kenneths quest go to Stormveil castle throne room after you unlock the Mountain of Giants
I have no idea who Kenneth is so I guess it won't be happening for me.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
It's especially hilarious that if they beat it before the nerf, they also beat the easy mode version with the broken cheese strats.

The thing is no one cares. I mean it's video games who cares if people cheese, use broken weapons, need nerfed bosses or don't. No one actually gives a shit about any of this stuff. It's the internet people can lie about what they did or didn't do. It's not like it's going on someone's resume.

As long as people enjoy it they should do as they want.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I have no idea who Kenneth is so I guess it won't be happening for me.

You can find him really early on in Limgrave. He's on top of a ruin and asks you to clear out an area nearby. I'm not how long he sticks around if you miss him.

Mimic is still OP, beat
Lichdragon
first try with it and the Mimic was doing decent damage too.

I believe they said they reduced its HP and "changed its behavior," which I'm assuming means it spams weapons arts less often. But damage wasn't changed.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Really ? Radahn feels good after Rennala , he's really not that hard and is easily cheesed.

I agree the nerf was unneeded but I don't think he was meant to be after the capital, you need to go to Caelid to get the 2nd half of the medallion to activate the lift. You can also use the precipice path of course, but yeah. I definitely beat Radahn way before even making it to the Altus Plateau, let alone the capital.
Not Caelid, but Radahn. There are even NPCs you meet in the mountains that can be summoned for him.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
You can find him really early on in Limgrave. He's on top of a ruin and asks you to clear out an area nearby. I'm not how long he sticks around if you miss him.
He's always on top of that ruin until you progress his quest, even if you don't talk to him until after rolling credits. At least that's how it was pre-patch

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018

I believe they said they reduced its HP and "changed its behavior," which I'm assuming means it spams weapons arts less often. But damage wasn't changed.
I thought they nerfed its damage and made it's AI dumber, either way, people are soo dramatic when they say that Mimic is ruined now , it really isn't.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Radahn didn't need a nerf, he's really not that super tough, imo
Mimic is still the best summon
Rennala needs some fixes , she bugs out now when starting 2nd phase.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Radahn didn't need a nerf, he's really not that super tough, imo
Mimic is still the best summon
Rennala needs some fixes , she bugs out now when starting 2nd phase.

He was a nice challenge but nothing in need of a nerf. I think, like Margit, a lot of people were/are fighting him too early and unprepared.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
This is a general problem with Torrent - you can't dodge any attack that tracks you. Ideally Torrent's little dash when you press circle/B should give iframes.
Enemies should lose tracking during that window where Torrent does the initial burst for sure. It seems like a major oversight for there to be no reward for timing that to the impact of an enemy attack.

TrueHero

Feb 24, 2018
Are people really upset about the radahn nerfs? from reading the OT and other places people cursed From for even putting the fight in the game lmao

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Are people really upset about the radahn nerfs? from reading the OT and other places people cursed From for even putting the fight in the game lmao

No kidding. Its just exhausting.

Never ending comments about how he was absurdly overpowered and an unfair fight, some even said the worst boss in ANY From game to it being bullshit that he got nerfed.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
As someone who has not faced him yet. (Still in lurnia) its impossible to take comments like this serious when the same was said about Margit and Godrick.

Every boss in the game is bullshit according to internet comments

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I thought they nerfed its damage and made it's AI dumber, either way, people are soo dramatic when they say that Mimic is ruined now , it really isn't.

Yeah, looks I had that backwards, they reduced its damage but its health wasn't changed.

I don't think we know yet exactly how the AI was changed. I assumed when I read the patch notes that it would just spam weapon arts less. I was using Moonveil and my Mimic would just spam the ridiculous special, it seemingly had infinite FP. But I was just reading a Reddit post by someone who had done some testing and they actually said it's now more aggressive. So I don't know.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Well, something in 1.0.3 is making my game crash instantly as soon as I load up either Stormveil Castle entrance or Lake-Facing Cliffs graces.

I've been in other areas like north Liurnia, Weeping Peninsula, east Limgrave, was able to co-op successfully and everything. But as soon as I load up either of the aforementioned two graces my game just crashes to desktop after two or three seconds.

Now my two save files are both loaded up on Lake-Facing Cliffs grace and crash the game 2 seconds after starting the game. Think I might be stuck.

Haven't had a chance to test any other graces, obviously.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
The only reason I'm upset is that I have a buddy of mine who's getting absolutely bodied so far and refused to use any ranged attacks, summons, or even Torrent in battle. But he has gotten two-story bosses down, a few side ones, and is sitting around level 70 or so and insists the game isn't really that hard.

He heard me cursing my ass off while fighting Radahn pre-patch and kept trolling me lol. So I absolutely wanted him to get to Radahn and get his shit wrecked and be in a party chat with him while it happened. Oh well. XD.

shadoclone

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gutted, not only the damage on the night beam, they remove the burst damage if you do the beam hugging the enemy and they cut a big chunk of it's reach:

What am I looking at with this test? The one on the right is clearly much further back, and even if you compare the second right beam's damage to the first left one, it's not taking into account the extra damage from hitting the enemy unaware.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Maybe it's different perspectives from different people.

I think the nerf is disappointing for sure, but I was not part of the group who complained about him.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
I'm not upset, I just find it weird for how easy it was and all I used was a basic ass strength build with the Golden Halberd and the preplaced summons and beat him in 2 attempts so I don't see why it was needed really and I'm confused by it.

Last edited:

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I've never tried many of the sorceries before (I was a melee until I switched a few days ago) and I just fucking melted Golden Godfrey with the Great Glintstone Shard. I have a decent glintstone staff and high INT and I tried to cheese Godfrey a couple of times with a bow and with mimic or one of the mediocre knight ashes I have, but really all I needed to do was get my shield skeletons and then go off on him with simple sorcery from range. He never had a chance, glintstone shard was taking a nice chunk of health off of him every shot!

So yeah, the nerfs to cheese-tastic moves I love like froststomp and mimic hurt, but at least From buffed some basic spell casting too.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
What am I looking at with this test? The one on the right is clearly much further back, and even if you compare the second right beam's damage to the first left one, it's not taking into account the extra damage from hitting the enemy unaware.
It got a 30% damage nerf. And yeah, that video is a bad comparison.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
As someone who has not faced him yet. (Still in lurnia) its impossible to take comments like this serious when the same was said about Margit and Godrick.

Every boss in the game is bullshit according to internet comments

Yes, I said this in another post but the amount of "I'm bad at <boss> so <boss> is bad" comments I've seen here and other places is astounding. It's like if someone can't kill a boss in 1-2 tries it's broken/bullshit/overtuned/poorly designed. I can only assume it's due to the number of people new to Fromsoft games.

Deleted member 34611

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Yes, I said this in another post but the amount of "I'm bad at <boss> so <boss> is bad" comments I've seen here and other places is astounding. It's like if someone can't kill a boss in 1-2 tries it's broken/bullshit/overtuned/poorly designed. I can only assume it's due to the number of people new to Fromsoft games.

I'd go the complete opposite. People being like 'oh I killed Radahn in one shot so the boss is easy'. Well great for you, but maybe you were over leveled, cheesed, or whatever. There are quite a few people where this fight was ridiculously difficult, and obviously From thought so too.