• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This game was/is so great that it ruined everything else for me. Considering picking up on Xbox even though I got the platinum on PS5, just so it feels like there's more to do.

Does this even make sense? Think I'm going hollow.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm still on NG, can I be summoned to help randoms in NG+?

I'm level 150 now but I was wanting to go back and fight earlier bosses, like Rennala. Will I be summoned in a NG+ users game?

Yoh

Nov 19, 2017
Beat the game last Tuesday and now on NG, don't think I'll finish it again but can you
beat the game without going to the RoundTable
?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
People that are against difficulty levels in From Soft games better not play NG+. It's feels like a victory lap so far.
From basically could make NG+ the easy mode and call it a day.
The only other NG+ in a Soulsborne I played was in Bloodborne, and it was also significantly easier, but in my memory the difference wasn't as drastic as here.

Only NG+ worth a shit was Dark Souls 2 really. And maybe Dark Souls 1 because gravelording.

If I'm still on NG, can I be summoned to help randoms in NG+?

I'm level 150 now but I was wanting to go back and fight earlier bosses, like Rennala. Will I be summoned in a NG+ users game?

You can,but doubt you're gonna get much action. Early bosses in NG+ are just victory laps.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Is nepheli meant to randomly die if you don't interact with her? I stopped talking to her once I got seluvis' potion. Later on, after I'd reached Radagon, she was gone from the roundtable hold and there were two stormhawk axes on the ground. Can I still find her?

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Is nepheli meant to randomly die if you don't interact with her? I stopped talking to her once I got seluvis' potion. Later on, after I'd reached Radagon, she was gone from the roundtable hold and there were two stormhawk axes on the ground. Can I still find her?

this happened to me and I have to assume it was Dung Eater somehow.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
God damn Malekith man.

If they toned it down a tad that would be an all-timer fight as the visual splendour and design is incredible, but the combination of everything from the black flame status, to the insane mobility, to the combos and rapid spinning slashes makes it that I don't ever want to fight that thing solo. Ever.
Yeah I feel this about the other M too. They're just dreadful fights solo because one mistake can take you from full Hp to dead with no time to recover. Balance them a little better and they're all timers.

Then if you use an ash summon for them they're both too easy.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's the quickest one hand weapon in the game? I'm guessing it's either a dagger or a rapier? I still want to use Bloodhound step with my INT build, but need a weapon. The quickest weapon preferably.

Only NG+ worth a shit was Dark Souls 2 really. And maybe Dark Souls 1 because gravelording.

You can,but doubt you're gonna get much action. Early bosses in NG+ are just victory laps.

Thanks.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
This guy beat it without getting hit AND not even letting fall damage, poison, or self inflicted damage occur. WILD.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
90 hours later, im finally at the end boss. Before I finish it off, what stuff should I be finishing/grabbing before NG+? Or can I just carry on post boss fight finding shit I need?

brjuntinaar

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
What's the quickest one hand weapon in the game? I'm guessing it's either a dagger or a rapier? I still want to use Bloodhound step with my INT build, but need a weapon. The quickest weapon preferably.

Thanks.
I did this as well as a mage, and stuck bloodhound step on Misericorde. The thinking being that then I can get good backstabs with it if necessary. In practice, the weapon never ended up mattering, because casting was just better. The combo of bloodhound step + magic is extremely powerful, one of the most fun ways to play the game IMO, enjoy.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
? Things to do in Lyndell before
lighting everything on fire? Any cool stuff I should check out? I got the legendary spear thing. I've been underground which I assume I can still access after? Anything else super cool and missable or just that weapon?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did this as well as a mage, and stuck bloodhound step on Misericorde. The thinking being that then I can get good backstabs with it if necessary. In practice, the weapon never ended up mattering, because casting was just better. The combo of bloodhound step + magic is extremely powerful, one of the most fun ways to play the game IMO, enjoy.

Yeah I can tell it'll be fun. Decided to stick with Rogers rapier since the heavy attack comes out as a double tap. I'm finding that I'm proc'ing enemies with a debuff when I do that attack twice. Mix Carian Slicer into the string and you got an aggressive mage lol.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Baring Elden Beast which I haven't seen yet I honestly thought Mohg was the hardest boss in the game, the fire he leaves everywhere makes it really frustrating to dodge his attacks

calder

Oct 25, 2017
On my second journey I wanted to do the Dung Eater quest line but to get his puppet so I did it mostly no issue. Checked a few times to follow the quest chain, but I did one conversation out of order (I talked to Seluvis and talked about his quest just before seeing a body somewhere else) and Seluvis wouldn't sell it to me at the end. So damn annoying.

Oct 29, 2017
? Things to do in Lyndell before
lighting everything on fire? Any cool stuff I should check out? I got the legendary spear thing. I've been underground which I assume I can still access after? Anything else super cool and missable or just that weapon?
Did you check out the
Original Roundtable Hold?

Some cool armor, weapons and a painting in there also.
And yeah you can go underground later, even after that critical step.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Did you check out the
Original Roundtable Hold?

Some cool armor, weapons and a painting in there also.
And yeah you can go underground later, even after that critical step.

Yup been there and went everywhere I could in it. Unless I'm missing something. I guess I'll continue on then. Was a shame
that there weren't any story beats or dialogues from anyone about it. Such a cool thing to see but then nothing

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Is Godrick the Grafted crown obtainable? I thought I saw someone's character wearing it but cant find any info.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
I know modwhining is against the rules but that Dung Eater thread got done dirty.

Aside from the memes, he's a genuinely unique and interesting character in the ouvre.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Godrick and Rennala down lickety-split, and I made it to Altus. This run will mostly be servicing all the questlines I screwed up last time. I could easily beat this game in under five hours if I didn't want to deal with all of these side stories.