• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Wow i just beat probably the boss that gave me the most trouble Mohg.

By far the hardest boss so far for me, i couldn't figuure out how to block the attack when he went to phase 2.

Also beat the Dragon LichDragon can't remember the name in Fia's/Godwyn dream(?)This fight was really easy i did a lot of damage.

I don't know but if the first boss i mention is a sign of things to come, i am gonna have a lot of trouble with my almost pure STR build

Also question about a discovery i made in the Capital I found a secret location with a burning finger, is this a requirement for one of the endings?

Are you talking about the Nihil attack that hemorrhages you 3 times? There's a way to greatly mitigate that and his health regeneration

Apr 3, 2020
As a general rule, all fist weapons are paired. There are then two other melee weapons I've found that also have this feature.

Oh I see, anyway it's good to know the game have paired weapons, I prefer them over the powerstancing, they feel more natural.

Man, I gotta praise the presentation and directing of boss fights and their respective cutscenes.

They're just top tier. One of the first things about DS2 for me was the surprise at how good the English voice acting was. More than good voice talent, that takes a great VO director. That stays a strength throughout seemingly all their titles and is legitimately very impressive. In addition to that, the narration and directing in e.g. all the launch/start cinematics is sublime, too. Helps a lot, that there's usually pretty good to downright amazing lore behind all of it.

And yeah, basically every cutscene and transition just fucking hits. The boss fights ingame presentation then continues to rock it, too.

Like, combat design and difficulty are one thing, but this supremely good presentation is why I can keep fighting for hours as it keeps fueling my flame of ambition.

Yep, you need to watch Sekiro's if you haven't played it

benj

Oct 27, 2017
What makes the final boss even more the ultimate nightmare is trying to summon in that hallway. If you don't click on the sign the moment it becomes available it won't work.

I dunno if I need to level to 200? 250? I'm 145 right now, is that too low? High?
It's whatever you're comfortable with. I did the endgame at 125 and stuff felt well-pitched to that, so if someone were struggling under there I'd recommend they bump it up. otherwise, if you feel good, keep at it; if you feel like you want more health or whatever, grind for that—I wouldn't worry too much about the specific numbers, it's about your comfort

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I see, anyway it's good to know the game have paired weapons, I prefer them over the powerstancing, they feel more natural.

Yep, you need to watch Sekiro's if you haven't played it

Haven't played it but watched a full playthrough. Because, well, the reasons I just stated basically :D

Actually, that was one of the things that drew my attention Demon's Soul back in the day. While I only started playing myself way late with DS2 (by a point in time where DS3 was already out) there was something mesmerizing about the Demon Souls trailers and that awesome dragon design.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
I want to just say that I really appreciate that spell casting (sorcery specifically, haven't gotten to incantations yet) in this game allows for cross chaining of most spells that can be repeatedly casted. This is a really good way to add additional depth to spell casting and improve spells without just making them do more damage. It feels like you can actually play pretty loose and fast as a spellsword with a proper loadout.

Those Leyndell Catacombs... What a fun piece of misdirection lol, great little level.

Almost all the side dungeons had some little theme or trick going for them and I enjoyed most of them greatly. Interesting and just long enough.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Why are there so many crabs. Like 25% of the game is crabs. Why can't they bring back that weird hand monster from DS3 where there were only like 3 in the entire game? Why the crabs?

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Every single minute I can, I play ER otherwise I'm in this thread. Haven't done much else for the last 3 weeks.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Got a question regarding a summon for a boss at the capital

So I can summon Melina to fight Morgott, can I ignore her or is there a sidequest tied to her summoning?

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Those Leyndell Catacombs... What a fun piece of misdirection lol, great little level.

There was one little dungeon around a certain sentinel that might have been my favorite part of the entire game.

The one where you have to use teleport chests to get around and there's hidden walls that you need to find.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Blasphemous Blade is amazing. With talismans + the incantation for damage/fire damage buff, I get an attack rating of over 1000. Split damage but still, hits really hard. The weapon art is amazing, not as narrow as it looks and it even heals you. Heals on kill are great too. Anything that dies for any reason around you will heal you

It's only weak against enemies that are resistant to fire
Thank you so much. I've updated the blade to +8 and using some great talisman to help along.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Holy shit he takes like half of what I take per hit, maybe even more than half wow
Asked him for his gear and thing.
Tried it out~~
It is very...tanky

Medium load -

The armor is
Bull goat helm
Veteran Armor
Bull Goat Gauntlet
Bull goat greave

Talisman
Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman - 20% Damage receive down

Other is player choice, Old lord talisman increase duration of spell(Buff) can be interesting

Weapon is
Scavenger Curved sword, one with sepuku and one with Endure(Since ENdure is currently bug, can switch to something else)
One is occult and the other is cold.

The only spell are incantation
Golden Vow - 90 sec - 15% Dmg up, 10% dmg receive down
Black Flame protection - 70 sec - 35% dmg receive down
Blessing of the Erd Tree - 90 sec - 12 hp/s
Greyoll's Roar - 60 sec - 20% dmg receive down
Depending on if the enemy have elment attack
Protection of the Erd Tree - 30% to Magic , Fire, Lightning and Holy damage

So technically, damage re ceived is 20+10+35+20=85% dmg receive is reduced for at least 1 minute.

Trying on some boss and enemy
Valkyrie M
Big Dog Guts
Dragon Knight on horse
Wrestler king

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Asked him for his gear and thing.
Tried it out~~
It is very...tanky

Medium load -

The armor is
Bull goat helm
Veteran Armor
Bull Goat Gauntlet
Bull goat greave

Talisman
Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman - 20% Damage receive down

Other is player choice, Old lord talisman increase duration of spell(Buff) can be interesting

Weapon is
Scavenger Curved sword, one with sepuku and one with Endure(Since ENdure is currently bug, can switch to something else)
One is occult and the other is cold.

The only spell are incantation
Golden Vow - 90 sec - 15% Dmg up, 10% dmg receive down
Black Flame protection - 70 sec - 35% dmg receive down
Blessing of the Erd Tree - 90 sec - 12 hp/s
Greyoll's Roar - 60 sec - 20% dmg receive down
Depending on if the enemy have elment attack
Protection of the Erd Tree - 30% to Magic , Fire, Lightning and Holy damage

So technically, damage re ceived is 20+10+35+20=85% dmg receive is reduced for at least 1 minute.

Trying on some boss and enemy
Valkyrie M
Big Dog Guts
Dragon Knight on horse
Wrestler king

Goddamn you melted her :o

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's Rennala beaten, far too easy, more of a trick boss than anything. 2 down, no idea how many to go, this world is too damn fucking large lmao.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn i actually touched it because an online message was there that said no armor.So can i still
do any ending i want if do the quest you say?

You seem to be having trouble with some of the late bosses, if you think that boss was easy then that's not good for me

More detailed description regarding the Capital Sewer Discovery:

Essentially the Three Fingers at the Frenzy Flame Proscription are the requirements for the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending.

The problem with it is that once you are marked by the Three Fingers, that's the choice that's locked in (I believe you might also be able to choose Ranni's ending, but I'm not certain) because of (speaking vaguely to avoid spoilers) how you choose the ending at the end.

In the sewers in the Capital, as you descend to the door, there's a note you can find (although it's very difficult) which tells you that an item called Milicent's Needle lets you undo the effect of the Three Fingers.

The steps to get it are complex, so I highly recommend checking the Wikipedia entry here: https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Millicent

Being a bit vaguer, I've summarised the steps/a bit in spoiler text below, but full detail is on the Wikipedia:

• Speak with Gowry in his shack in Caelid.

• Defeat Commander O Neil in Caelid to get the Unalloyed Gold Needle.

• Return the needle to Gowry and he'll repair the needle when you quit and re-enter and chat to him

• Give Millicent the needle at the Church of the Plague in Caelid and exhaust all dialogue with Milicent.

• After Millicent uses the needle, rest at the nearby site of grace, then exhaust her dialogue and quit and re-enter/reload the game.

• Return to Gowry's shack. Talk to the NPC there and exhaust the dialogue. Quit and reload the game. Talk to the NPC there.

• Millicent will now be located just North of the Erdtree-Gazing Hill Grace on the Altus Plateau [Map Link]. Exhaust her Dialogue here.

• Go to The Shaded Castle and retrieve the Valkyrie's Prosthesis.

• Return to Milicent and give her the Valkyrie's Prosthesis item to advance her quest line after exhausting her dialogue.

• Go to Dominula, Windmill Village, and defeat the Godskin Apostle.

• After defeating the boss of the area, she will be near the Windmill Heights Grace after reload [Map Link]. Exhaust her dialogue to continue the quest.

• Millicent will move to the Ancient Snow Valley Ruins Grace at Mountaintops of the Giants.

• Millicent will next be available at the Prayer Room Grace at Elphael Brace of the Haligtree. She will not move from this spot until the player has defeated a Ulcerated Tree Spirit mini-boss just before the Drainage Channel Grace.

• Once the player has defeated the mini-boss and reloaded the area, there will be two summon signs near where the mini-boss used to be. In order to get the item you want to choose to be summoned into her world and help Milicent.

• If you help Millicent, reload the area again to find her near where her summoning sign was, laying by the pool of scarlet rot down below (DO NOT JUMP ON HER AND KILL HER!!!). Exhaust all of her dialogue, then reload the area. Interact with her once more, and she will give you the Unalloyed Gold Needle, ending her questline.

• The Unalloyed Gold Needle can be used at the flower in Malenia's arena in order to receive Miquella's Needle, as well as a Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.

• Miquella's Needle is the item you need.

After you have that item, to choose the ending you want, I believe you can proceed to the very end of the game as normal, save after the last boss, and then you'll probably want to do the endings in the following order:

1. Ranni's Ending first.

2. Touch the statue for the Frenzy Flame Ending.

3. Go to Dragonlord Placidusax's arena in Crumbling Farm Azula, use Miquella's Needle there (you don't need to beat the boss) to undo the Frenzied Flame, and then touch the statue and choose another ending.

This is all assuming you want to 'save scum' the ending in a single play through; if you aren't interested in that then you can just complete the game as normal of course.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Hey y'all, what gives? I thought finishing 'the festival' would result in some things going back to normal
like the fact that I never beat the duo boss before Radahn
but going back to that place does nothing?

Also, why don't certain npcs in round table hold seem to give a shit when I return with more great runes? After the first one, some of them really simped for me....now with 3 to my name they don't even seem to acknowledge that I even bested the boss in my spoiler earlier. Did I do a stoop and screw up everything somehow?

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
holy shit Tiche was melting one of the more serious bosses. Doing 1000+ damage with every flame slash, just ridiculous

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
More detailed description regarding the Capital Sewer Discovery:

Essentially the Three Fingers at the Frenzy Flame Proscription are the requirements for the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending.

The problem with it is that once you are marked by the Three Fingers, that's the choice that's locked in (I believe you might also be able to choose Ranni's ending, but I'm not certain) because of (speaking vaguely to avoid spoilers) how you choose the ending at the end.

In the sewers in the Capital, as you descend to the door, there's a note you can find (although it's very difficult) which tells you that an item called Milicent's Needle lets you undo the effect of the Three Fingers.

The steps to get it are complex, so I highly recommend checking the Wikipedia entry here: https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Millicent

Being a bit vaguer, I've summarised the steps/a bit in spoiler text below, but full detail is on the Wikipedia:

• Speak with Gowry in his shack in Caelid.

• Defeat Commander O Neil in Caelid to get the Unalloyed Gold Needle.

• Return the needle to Gowry and he'll repair the needle when you quit and re-enter and chat to him

• Give Millicent the needle at the Church of the Plague in Caelid and exhaust all dialogue with Milicent.

• After Millicent uses the needle, rest at the nearby site of grace, then exhaust her dialogue and quit and re-enter/reload the game.

• Return to Gowry's shack. Talk to the NPC there and exhaust the dialogue. Quit and reload the game. Talk to the NPC there.

• Millicent will now be located just North of the Erdtree-Gazing Hill Grace on the Altus Plateau [Map Link]. Exhaust her Dialogue here.

• Go to The Shaded Castle and retrieve the Valkyrie's Prosthesis.

• Return to Milicent and give her the Valkyrie's Prosthesis item to advance her quest line after exhausting her dialogue.

• Go to Dominula, Windmill Village, and defeat the Godskin Apostle.

• After defeating the boss of the area, she will be near the Windmill Heights Grace after reload [Map Link]. Exhaust her dialogue to continue the quest.

• Millicent will move to the Ancient Snow Valley Ruins Grace at Mountaintops of the Giants.

• Millicent will next be available at the Prayer Room Grace at Elphael Brace of the Haligtree. She will not move from this spot until the player has defeated a Ulcerated Tree Spirit mini-boss just before the Drainage Channel Grace.

• Once the player has defeated the mini-boss and reloaded the area, there will be two summon signs near where the mini-boss used to be. In order to get the item you want to choose to be summoned into her world and help Milicent.

• If you help Millicent, reload the area again to find her near where her summoning sign was, laying by the pool of scarlet rot down below (DO NOT JUMP ON HER AND KILL HER!!!). Exhaust all of her dialogue, then reload the area. Interact with her once more, and she will give you the Unalloyed Gold Needle, ending her questline.

• The Unalloyed Gold Needle can be used at the flower in Malenia's arena in order to receive Miquella's Needle, as well as a Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.

• Miquella's Needle is the item you need.

After you have that item, to choose the ending you want, I believe you can proceed to the very end of the game as normal, save after the last boss, and then you'll probably want to do the endings in the following order:

1. Ranni's Ending first.

2. Touch the statue for the Frenzy Flame Ending.

3. Go to Dragonlord Placidusax's arena in Crumbling Farm Azula, use Miquella's Needle there (you don't need to beat the boss) to undo the Frenzied Flame, and then touch the statue and choose another ending.

This is all assuming you want to 'save scum' the ending in a single play through; if you aren't interested in that then you can just complete the game as normal of course.

Wow thanks a lot for this!

I have done good progress with the Milicent quest so i will definetely do this just to have optiions at the end.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Why are there so many crabs. Like 25% of the game is crabs. Why can't they bring back that weird hand monster from DS3 where there were only like 3 in the entire game? Why the crabs?
Those hippo things? Dear god no.

But big agree on finding it weird that they recycled a small handful of enemies and overused the fuck out of them. Those tiny catacomb fuckers are maybe the single most common enemy in the game and they are almost straight out of DS3.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
Oh shit, just found a 2nd item that increases jump attacks, and it stacks with the amulet. Combined it's something like 30% extra damage.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Yeah and they, library dude and finger lady both tell me to go to "the place" but I have like half the bosses to deal with still so I dont want to go to what sounds like a point of no return.

After defeating Radahn, speak to Blaidd on the battlefield. Then fast travel to the Chamber Outside The Plaza Grace, speak to the Castellan at the chapel and rest at the Grace several times.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Man... I just beat Hoarah Loux by using a Mimic by accident. I just wanted to practice his fight, so I used a Mimic to get faster to the second phase and with my Mimic still alive I beat him in like 15 seconds... That really sucks... I was trying to beat him for more than 2 hours and now it just felt like cheating with no possibility to reload...

Anyways, I'm now at the final boss and goddamn... I can dodge his initial attacks just fine, but I still get hit by all his golden aftermath on the floor... So far, it's bot really fun.

WildGoose

Oct 27, 2017
Done Fire Giant (very cool), and almost everything in Crumbling Farum Azula (incredible area) today. I've been really loving this endgame stretch so far.

I have a question though. Why is it that sometimes after I die, I respawn with less than max health? I only just noticed it happening, but I'm sure I've seen it a few times before. Can't figure out what's triggering it.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm stuck in early Souls level up paralysis where I'm afraid to level up a particular stat without knowing what weapons exist and what I want to build towards. I generally love big ass weapons so I assume STR? And that this game won't let me down and have some nice, cool big weapons for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I'm stuck in early Souls level up paralysis where I'm afraid to level up a particular stat without knowing what weapons exist and what I want to build towards. I generally love big ass weapons so I assume STR? And that this game won't let me down and have some nice, cool big weapons for me.

Could just work on VIG and END, VIG will def be the make or break once you progress.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
STR main, then VIG and END.

There are lots of great big weapons.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Done Fire Giant (very cool), and almost everything in Crumbling Farum Azula (incredible area) today. I've been really loving this endgame stretch so far.

I have a question though. Why is it that sometimes after I die, I respawn with less than max health? I only just noticed it happening, but I'm sure I've seen it a few times before. Can't figure out what's triggering it.
Are you fighting zone boss second phase? The health drain with some of his attacks carries over into zoning for some reason.

Oct 26, 2017
Could just work on VIG and END, VIG will def be the make or break once you progress.
giphy.gif

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I think that shield has a perk that removes almost all stamina loss, that and the talisman are nasty together

I wish I could also say first try :(
He and Malenia are the banes of my existence
It's ok. I finally just killed Godfrey after like 10 tries. I blame bleed. It made it so I didn't even have to learn half of these fights.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
back to #mageshit for the last stretch, just wanted to see if the build worked for the future, specifically on M. Guess that means I'm not doing M as a mage, oh well.

still need to go ahead and do VM too, which I'm GROSSLY overlvled for now (not that I mind)

Oct 29, 2017
I think Giant Mountaintop Catacombs is the first actual BS part of the game for me, specifically because of the Cat-like stone guardians that are just ridiculously unbalanced and unfair (lost 70k runes also).

I hate having to sprint through dungeons just grabbing the items and not tackling every single enemy I find but I just had to do it here.

Also, the fact that it also reuses the
looping rooms mechanic from Leyndell Catacombs makes it lose points in the novelty department

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
How do you use an ancient dragon Smithing Stone? Went back to the blacksmith and I just have the normal Strengthen by +1.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
It's a doable build~

And can probabely be change to fit other weapon, since endure currently seem bugged, can probabely change to ghost step.

If want higher poise can get it above 100 with talisman and a different armor, and then get a heavy weapon and dual weild or be a caster of spell or incantation.
I'll probably try it someday when I return to the game, after Kirby maybe