• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

happydeer

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2021
The game is way too easy as a Sorcerer. I killed most bosses on first or second try, even the Shardbearers. Seems like the AI just can't handle a Sorcerer that's keeping a distance.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I feel like an idiot. After about 20 or so attempts to bring down Magma Wyrm by attacking its backside and barely getting it down to half health after 10 minutes, I took it out in 2 by just attacking its head.

But now I have the Moonveil katana. Is it better or worse than my Uchigatana because I have it + 10 now?
It's better if you want to put points into INT, and worse if not. Both are great weapons and very similar. Moonveil's weapon art is fucking great.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
You know what would be a really fun boss fight? If we took the Crystal boss that takes no damage till you break their poise, give all of their attacks Scarlet Rot, and then make it a 3 v 1
Try striking. Seriously always have a striking weapon as backup and upgrade it. It deals way more damage to rock and crystal enemies compared to anything else, even if it's weaker than your main weapon.

Jan 4, 2018
Working on a pyromancer build that uses split INT/FTH. Haven't heard much about pyromancy since Elden Ring launched so wanna make it as viable as possible.

You know what would be a really fun boss fight? If we took the Crystal boss that takes no damage till you break their poise, give all of their attacks Scarlet Rot, and then make it a 3 v 1

I thought these guys were intentionally easy to kill until NG+ when I wasn't using a hammer anymore.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
How this game throws new areas after 140 hours? Elpael is *chefs kiss*. Era couldn't have been more wrong about late game areas. :p

Icarian

May 9, 2018

I absolutely despise that fight but not because they take less damage till you guard break them or having scarlet rot buildup on their attacks, but because their attack pattern is so basic, especially the spear ones, jump-jumpity-jump while doing pokes with its spear, that's all it does. Worst enemy in the game by far.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
Is there a consensus on the best post-1.03 patch summon? Been using Crystalian Ashes, but want to know if there is something better before I dump more into that one.

Haligtree boss spoiler My attacks (like the sword I use in phase 1) don't knock down phase 2...but Black Knife Tiche does! Look at the boss's HP bar during phase 2 for more info about why Tiche is good.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I did that one today and just had to keep tping back to the tower and using the gargoyle hint statue to get them to spawn.

Edit: oh and don't tp to any different point after touching the statue... That seemed to despawn them for me. Just ride from the tower to them.
Got it. Thank you all!

I got the Platinum Trophy, fun little game. Took me 88 hours.

Here's me destroying the superboss in like 90 seconds with the new broken weapon. All I did was spam the skill and the boss died super easily.

What weapon or build were you using?

Oct 28, 2017
Level designers playing Elden Ring:

4FiR.gif
Seriously, the Capital alone is crazy, almost overwhelming. Peak level design.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Level designers playing Elden Ring:

4FiR.gif

I had that very reaction when stumbling upon underground areas for the first time, going down the Siofra River Well lift for the first time thinking it was going to be a simple basement with some jars and a chest and then the elevator kept going and going... It was incredible.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
bosses only focusing you is such bullshit.

fighting that one boss where you can summon two real people and a bunch of npcs and he still is focusing on me and kills me in one attack of course..

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Fire Giant.

The second phase is one of the worst designed boss fights in From history. The constant rolling around like he's on acid combined with the terrain and camera just leads to a miserable experience.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Can someone explain the difference between recusant invader, duelist, and bloody finger invaders?

Game doesn't explain the differences

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
Using the Rivers of Blood with a bleed build, there is no reason to kill Millenia to get the Millicent's Prosthesis instead of Miquella's Needle on the first playthough right? (Since it's been patched to not be able to get both).

I heard the Miquella's Needle can open up multiple endings or something along those lines?

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Radahn was kind of a joke fight.

I just rode around and summoned and resummoned the spirits, and they killed him. Didn't need to attack him at all myself.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain the difference between recusant invader, duelist, and bloody finger invaders?

Game doesn't explain the differences
If you are playing on your own, online or offline, there are various NPC invaders that will attack at certain points.

The only way to be invaded by real people is by inviting them or playing co-op.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've done 3 hero graves so far. Safe to say they are my favorite mini dungeons to find. Love being in constant mortal danger to those death chariots. They seem to be the ones that get the most work on them.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
If you are playing on your own, online or offline, there are various NPC invaders that will attack at certain points.

The only way to be invaded by real people is by inviting them or playing co-op.

I know that. I have been invaded over 50 times now. I just want to know what the difference between using the different fingers for invasion

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I discovered the existence of the weapon Varre's Bouquet but I read that even after the patch the weapon seems like it doesn't work as intended. Anyone try it?

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Every time I have invaded in this game, it's always against a co-op team; 2 or 3. I didn't know so many people play together like this. It's kind of a let down for PvP. I don't care how they play PvE.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
it pisses me off that you can't use ashes or summon anyone for evergaol fights. some of them like the one where you get tiche are just stupid.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Every time I have invaded in this game, it's always against a co-op team; 2 or 3. I didn't know so many people play together like this. It's kind of a let down for PvP. I don't care how they play PvE.

they changed invasions in ER to be different than other From games. You can only invade co-op sessions, never solo unless the person invites your summon.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Unless a host summons you via a dueling sign or a "come at me bro" item that opens their lobby for invasions, you can only invade lobbies that are mid co-op.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the first castle demigod . Was planning to summon ashes but ran out of FP so I defeated it single handedly. Can safely say understand jack about the lore so far.

Is it me or is the game quite a bit easier then other from software games? Perhaps the exploration enables a tad of over leveling (though I haven't been using a guide, and glancing sideways at a Limgrave boss list I'm far from having beaten them all)

Also I find it nearly very difficult to do critical strikes after staggering an enemy. I used to do them plenty in other from games but somehow here always end up doing a regular attack.

cdudeachyut

Jun 4, 2021
Whats the difference between a bloody finger and a recusant from what I see they are both invaders thats it?.
There is no difference sadly, other than that you're morally obligated to 1v1 the phantoms summoned as duelists and not drink orange flasks. I wish there was an area specific covenant that made you auto invade as friendlies like in From's previous games.

JhOnNY_HD

Dec 13, 2020
Just beat the first castle demigod . Was planning to summon ashes but ran out of FP so I defeated it single handedly. Can safely say understand jack about the lore so far.

Is it me or is the game quite a bit easier then other from software games? Perhaps the exploration enables a tad of over leveling (though I haven't been using a guide, and glancing sideways at a Limgrave boss list I'm far from having beaten them all)

Also I find it nearly very difficult to do critical strikes after staggering an enemy. I used to do them plenty in other from games but somehow here always end up doing a regular attack.

Limgrave is almost the tutorial zone.

Keep going ER is not easy at all