• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
IT'S FINALLY DONE LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Man... the hero tombs are just straight up not fun. Trial and error leading to insta-deaths because of those rolling things is just a drain. Especially in ones where they just start changing direction on you. If I could cheat my way through I'd do it in a heartbeat.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Don't listen to anyone after this post!

.....wait.

Didn't expect lovable sort

Just saw your post in the old thread, really appreciate the gesture but I'm on PS5 unfortunately.

But yeah, if anyone can help carry me (I'm not going to pretend I'd be much help for the encounter, especially the latter half of it), I'd literally be in your debt forever. These are the words of a broken man.

Damn it! Hold strong, you'll achieve victory soon enough!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Man... the hero tombs are just straight up not fun. Trial and error leading to insta-deaths because of those rolling things is just a drain. Especially in ones where they just start changing direction on you. If I could cheat my way through I'd do it in a heartbeat.

It got to a point where I was legitimately relieved when I found a Hero's Grave that doesn't have any chariots.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Man, fuck Astel. I can get it almost halfway then it pulls out some one hit garbage. I think I need more levels for this fight.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
How the fuck do I even do damage to the crystaline guys in Haligtree. I haven't had any issues with any of these before but now I suddenly can't kill one, even with a summon. Not talking about the snail summoned ones either, these are the ones in the bottom floor where the Revenants keep spawning.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
It got to a point where I was legitimately relieved when I found a Hero's Grave that doesn't have any chariots.

I sat for a good minute trying to remember wtf they were called and my brain doesn't function so I went with "rolling things". But yeah, I just don't find the mechanic fun at all. Just died to one where I got to a new path, the chariot turned went back up so I was fighting the mob that was there, chariot came back down turned and instagibbed me. It'd be one thing if they didn't one shot but I don't enjoy spending several minutes clearing through a place just to learn the next move it makes only to have to do that next time, too.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
OMG lol i saw the reddit video of a hidden wall by hitting it 50x with a sword

This is going to drive people insane

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, yo, FUCK the Lake of Rot. Easily the worst swamp area in a souls game imo. The concept is good, revealing more safe spots as you go with some things far out you need to get exposed to in order to get, but with my best immunity gear I was still having trouble (450 or 540 or something). It takes SO LONG for the rot to subside so there was so much waiting because the rot cure balls take a really rare material to make so I didn't have much to use and the run back to the boss was so painful (the lake boss) Just SO MUCH island hopping and waiting minutes for the thing to run out only to get killed or pulled into the rot or have my ash be an idiot and drag the boss away from me. Actually went into offline mode, disabled EAC and made it so I wouldn't get rot. Only time I've cheated like that in a Souls game (usually in a NG+ or something I'll give myself souls or rerolls to respec and try new builds).

Next part was miles better even if it was full of maybe my most hated normal enemy types.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yea those things are absurd and where I had a majority of my deaths. They follow you throughout the entire stage. Infuriating. I never bring souls in there with me or rune arcs because I know I'm destined to die in there.

One thing I did was use the dashing ash to dash across the lava and make it to a ladder a millisecond before it came after me.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck do I even do damage to the crystaline guys in Haligtree. I haven't had any issues with any of these before but now I suddenly can't kill one, even with a summon. Not talking about the snail summoned ones either, these are the ones in the bottom floor where the Revenants keep spawning.

You have to hit them with a blunt weapon. If you're a mage use Rock Sling to break their stance. They go down relatively easy after they get staggered.

Rexskel

Aug 27, 2021
Commander Niall is a shit boss fight. yeah just put two annoying ennemies who don't go well together. Also I saw Niall do the super attack that leaves him tired for a while once, but he never did it again. So now I'm stuck with the kicks who always come with an AoE and no progress is really done. Not fun at all.

limone

Feb 4, 2022
Italy
I literally just stopped playing cus I found one. Hero's grave are not doable after a long day

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Finally started playing this a few days ago. Loving it so far! Although feels a bit easy? Mini-bosses have been cakewalks and most randos as well.

The golden horse knight was a really fun fight tho! Took me more than ten tries I'm sure but fun all the way!

I think I'm at the first 'ordinary' boss now and it's also really fun! I feel a bit overleveled tho, got him down to less than half the first time :(

I think I'll put some points into weird stats and take off armor or something. Maybe Samurai is just OP, or the beginning is easy

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
A little over 80 hours right now. First game in a loooong time that's got me thinking about it when I'm not playing.

And I'm gunna be out of town until Sunday D:

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
ask again:

is there any reason to use daggers over somethibg like curced swords?

so far except for the stagger chains due to thebspeed they seem alot inferior to other weapons.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finally started playing this a few days ago. Loving it so far! Although feels a bit easy? Mini-bosses have been cakewalks and most randos as well.

The golden horse knight was a really fun fight tho! Took me more than ten tries I'm sure but fun all the way!

I think I'm at the first 'ordinary' boss now and it's also really fun! I feel a bit overleveled tho, got him down to less than half the first time :(

I think I'll put some points into weird stats and take off armor or something. Maybe Samurai is just OP, or the beginning is easy

don't worry, you haven't even begun to experience the unfairness in the second half of the game

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, yo, FUCK the Lake of Rot. Easily the worst swamp area in a souls game imo. The concept is good, revealing more safe spots as you go with some things far out you need to get exposed to in order to get, but with my best immunity gear I was still having trouble (450 or 540 or something). It takes SO LONG for the rot to subside so there was so much waiting because the rot cure balls take a really rare material to make so I didn't have much to use and the run back to the boss was so painful (the lake boss) Just SO MUCH island hopping and waiting minutes for the thing to run out only to get killed or pulled into the rot or have my ash be an idiot and drag the boss away from me. Actually went into offline mode, disabled EAC and made it so I wouldn't get rot. Only time I've cheated like that in a Souls game (usually in a NG+ or something I'll give myself souls or rerolls to respec and try new builds).

Next part was miles better even if it was full of maybe my most hated normal enemy types.
I left to go grind out the Cleanrot armor set and warped around to get the stuff for the Preserving Boluses. By the time I was done with this area, I was almost out of those boluses. But yeah, the waiting is crap. I guess I could have used my faith +5 talisman for the cleanse incantation, but I was like nah, just gonna be stubborn about it. Glad it's over, although I have a feeling I left some decent mats behind.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California

Keep playing buddy.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
ask again:

so far except for the stagger chains due to thebspeed they seem alot inferior to other weapons.
The speed, like you said, can stack bleed or poison or other effects very quickly. They also have enhanced crit modifiers so they do more damage on backstabs and parries. Still though not many people use them as a main weapon, but I kept the scarlet rot dagger handy here and there for certain bosses.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
ask again:

Purely preference. Dagger's range is definitely a major downside among others but some people like to go nuts with a ton of hits. If you like how it plays and can make it work then great, otherwise don't stick with something you are not enjoying.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I'll probably start and finish NG2+ before Kirby releases, finally will try Katanas, now the question is, Rivers of Blood about to make me respec but I'm also curious about Moonveil, hmm

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I kinda wish I could do pre nerf Radahn.

He was an underwhelming fight for a big shardbearer boss.

Glad I saw someone here mention that southern Caelid is easier than the Dragonbarrow though, he definitely fit as my third shardbearer. I'll keep exploring Caelid for now, see where that other guidance of grace at the swamp area is leading.

Then back to Altas.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

The uchigatana is a weapon that can take you all the way to the end.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I kinda wish I could do pre nerf Radahn.

He was an underwhelming fight for a big shardbearer boss.

Glad I saw someone here mention that southern Caelid is easier than the Dragonbarrow though, he definitely fit as my third shardbearer. I'll keep exploring Caelid for now, see where that other guidance of grace at the swamp area is leading.

Then back to Altas.
Curious about the nerf he got, I defeated him in NG+ before it

krossj

Dec 4, 2017
I know everyones excited but i can't seem to pick up an item in Elphael? Its behind a stonesword key room on the lower floor if that reminds anyone..