• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
35Q71Ak.gif

QyMdC0J.png

9TXPAWS.png

LBzgngI.png

sJfWZBL.png

n8PbA6D.png

eTDxrfU.png

POanf6R.png

QyMdC0J.png

RiCeRXL.png

9TXPAWS.png

QyMdC0J.png

vy7Dqk2.jpg

NGzAl0Q.jpg

zJEKXqK.jpg

9TXPAWS.png

FUwdU7P.png

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
FO1AcSr.png

Text only OT

43zhJiE.png

General Information
qi4nj2d.png

Developer: FromSoftware, Inc.
Publisher: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC
Release Date: 25 February 2022
Price: $59.99 (US) | £49.99 (UK) | €69.99 (EU)

The Golden Order Has Been Broken
QpLNTU6.png

Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between.

In the Lands Between ruled by Queen Marika the Eternal, the Elden Ring, the source of the Erdtree, has been shattered.

Marika's offspring, demigods all, claimed the shards of the Elden Ring known as the Great Runes, and the mad taint of their newfound strength triggered a war: The Shattering. A war that meant abandonment by the Greater Will.

And now, the guidance of grace will be brought to the Tarnished who were spurned by the grace of gold and exiled from the Lands Between. Ye dead who yet live, your grace long lost, follow the path to the Lands Between the foggy sea to stand before the Elden Ring.

And become the Elden Lord.

A Fractured World
qi4nj2d.png

Journey through the Lands Between, a new fantasy world created by Hidetaka Miyazaki (Dark Souls), and George R. R. Martin (Game of Thrones).

In your journey to become the Elden Lord, you will traverse the Lands Between, left utterly devastated by the Shattering. From wide, sweeping landscapes to tight, treacherous dungeons, on foot or by horseback, immerse yourself in a vast, seamless world and FromSoftware's largest to-date.

From the grand fields where your journey begins, mythic creatures prowl the veldts, ineffable horrors lurk in the bogs and marshes, and all manner of soldiers and itinerant warriors are waiting for those who wander unawares. Be weary as you grow as the Tarnished, more fearsome foes will block your path and test your might.

Through Might and Magic
qi4nj2d.png

Elden Ring expands upon the Souls formula with new avenues of play. Stealth is now a viable option in avoiding detection and clearing bandit camps with ease.

Summoning the fallen souls of your foes anywhere and at any time to assist you in defeating the toughest of enemies is encouraged.

Sprit Springs litter the landscape to make traversal as seamless as possible as you scale the tallest of mountains on the back of Torrent, your trusty Spirit Steed. This introduction of mounted traversal goes hand in hand with the new mounted combat, adding even more ways for you to approach combat than ever before.

Crafting makes an introduction, with resources gathered in Marika's Domain going towards the creation of new and powerful equipment.

The catacombs of the Lands Between house vast treasures within, reserved only for the most bold of Tarnished.

In the Age of Gods
qi4nj2d.png

The Demigods – once members of a royal and noble family have now been reduced to squabbling warlords hellbent on a never-ending conflict, ruling their respective fiefdoms with an iron fist.

Possessing shards of the Elden Ring known as Great Runes, they wield astronomical power at the price of their sanity.

Six legacy dungeons for six mad rulers. Will you be the one to challenge the Demigods & restore the Elden Ring?

Media
YXFZCkY.png

Video 1 - Launch Trailer
Video 2 -
Overview Trailer
Video 3 -
Gameplay Preview
Video 4 - Story Trailer
Video 5 - Gameplay Reveal

OT created by iFirez & vestan

43zhJiE.png

A message from iFirez, one of the OT creators
QpLNTU6.png

Well here we are, I honestly didn't think this day would ever come… but before I get into that, let me just say a huge thanks to vestan for letting me in on his OT claim for Elden Ring and letting me go ham on the design and posting this. I really hope you all like the OT, I tried to do something special for this one… as it's my last. Also a big congrats to NightmaresHunter for suggesting the winning title "A Song of Grace and Gold". Which, foolishly, I originally omitted from the initial poll and it was added in later and still came out pretty high in the results and then it took the final voting poll by a good margin. I really appreciated everyone who suggested OT titles and big props to Mifec too, sorry your's missed out.

So with that all said, I guess we get to it, as I mentioned this is my final OT. I've been doing these things for 3 years now, my very first was Anthem, of all things. My goal was always to try to create a detailed thread that felt like an extension of that game's unique world, tone and voice. Whether that be ink and brush strokes with Ghost of Tsushima, colourful child-like postcards with Animal Crossing or loud science fiction with Halo Infinite. I enjoyed every single second of making OTs, I really did. I won't be going anywhere either, I'm sticking around Era, as active as ever. But I feel like there's a lot of creative talent in this community and I hope the claims I would have taken, go instead, to someone passionate about creating high quality, informative OTs for those respective games communities to hang out in - just as I am. My very first OT helped me get a job in the games industry and life is just so very different now than it was in 2019, so it's time for me to step aside before I turn 30 and let some others climb that OT design ladder. I can't wait to see what you all cook up in the future - it has been an honour creating OTs these past few years and of course shout outs to all the usual suspects of talented OT creators who have posted alongside me… but a final thank you to TheMoon for their tireless and often thankless work on the OT claim system and I always appreciated letting me collab with you on the Xenoblade Switch OT, keep up the good work... all of you.

This isn't a goodbye because you'll all see me around, but it is a farewell of sorts - from my OTs.

"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."

"Now rise, Tarnished."

Release times & Countdowns
qi4nj2d.png

Xbox, PlayStation & PC (Steam) Pre-loads are all available now.

Console and PC Release/Unlock times:
UK (GMT/UTC):
Consoles: Feb 24, 2022 at 7:00 PM
PC: Feb 24, 2022 at 6:00 PM

Central Europe (CET):
Consoles: Feb 24, 2022 at 6:00 PM

New Zealand (NZDT):
Consoles: NOW AVAILABLE TO PLAY

Australia (AEDT):
Consoles: NOW AVAILABLE TO PLAY

Japan (JST):
Consoles: Feb 24, 2022 at 10:00 AM

Eastern US (ET):
Consoles: Feb 25, 2022 at 12:00 AM

Central US (CT):

West Coast US (PT):

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Running into the (original?) Roundtable Hold in the Capital was such a trip.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
you don't have the right, O you don't have the right
therefore you don't have the right, O you don't have the right

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
A third OT already? Holy smokes, tarnished! We really are the last Elden Ring of us 3.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Hello.
Killed
Malenia and Godskin duo
today, neither were super hard or anything, mostly on the frustating side of things.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Hitting a wall 500 times is peak gaming. We might as well be QA testers at this point!!!

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Rattling through these OTs my god

Apparently invisible walls may require more than one hit? So you mean to tell me not all of the "hidden path ahead" messages that didn't do anything may not have actually been trolling? 😭
Redemption for the trolls. What a FromSoft-esque twist

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Don't you dare!

I remember that was one of the earliest messages I saw on launch day, left by a turtle.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
4.5 trying, considering the 10h in NG, I've tried this boss solo for 14.5h lmao

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
This games dark souls 2 level of obsession with 'let's just shove two of the same boss into one area' is mind numbing

Bloodborne was the perfection of all of the best bits of souls games combined into one package

This is like all the best and worst aspects of souls games tied into a really quite frankly dull open world with the side quest now even more of an arse to try and track ( although the new update does help)

I still really enjoy the game as it's main story bosses are incredibly fun, but man the side content is just doo doo.

Im only at the royal capital but so far my ranking is

Bloodborne
Ds3
Ds1
Elden Ring
Demons souls
Ds2

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
New thread smell baby!

Liar ahead

Just saw your post in the old thread, really appreciate the gesture but I'm on PS5 unfortunately.

But yeah, if anyone can help carry me (I'm not going to pretend I'd be much help for the encounter, especially the latter half of it), I'd literally be in your debt forever. These are the words of a broken man.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
"Try jumping" reminds me of how confused I am when I see a dozen bloodstains on the steps at the top of a divine tower.